Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 12:12   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys have u ever turned your key to half way mark to bring electrical's to life in a lonely place, windows rolled down? I hear a "HISS" till the time fuel the needle moves. It goes off as soon as the needle stops.

What is this sound? Some pump priming up the pressure for ignition??
Old 18th January 2011, 12:27   #3047
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Guys have u ever turned your key to half way mark to bring electrical's to life in a lonely place, windows rolled down? I hear a "HISS" till the time fuel the needle moves. It goes off as soon as the needle stops.

What is this sound? Some pump priming up the pressure for ignition??
It is the intank pump pumping the fuel. This makes the fuel readily available for the engine to start up. But this is not the common rail pump working sound. This is just the electrical pump present in the fuel tank.
Old 18th January 2011, 13:12   #3048
BHPian

Hello All,

I have GP E + MJD with 20,000 KM on the ODO.

Yesterday I faced a peculiar issue, need your opinion on it (I will be taking it the service station on Saturday):

When I turn my steering wheel, left or right, it now makes a peculiar noise like dummm, dummm., as if you are beating the drum with very little force.

I am experiencing this sound only when the car is standstill or moving very slowly.

Any one has experienced it before. Any pointers why this may be happening.

Thanks,

PK
Old 18th January 2011, 14:54   #3049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post

When I turn my steering wheel, left or right, it now makes a peculiar noise like dummm, dummm., as if you are beating the drum with very little force.

I am experiencing this sound only when the car is standstill or moving very slowly.

PK
PK , while there is a noise when you turn the steering to the extreme left or right, especially in standstill or in a slow moving car, but its not the drumm drumm kinds, its more like an excessive 'hisss hisss'. I think its noticable only when the car is not mobile. I had it checked at the service station and they say its normal for all diesel cars with the power steering. I had it confirmed by checking a few diesels puntos out there. They all had the same sound when the wheel is turned to extreme ends.

Last edited by better4worse : 18th January 2011 at 14:58.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:50   #3050
BHPian

@better4worse, thanks for your reply.

I am experiencing the sound even when I turn the steering slightly to right or left.

I do experience the "hisss" sound when the steering is turned to extreme right or left.

-PK
Old 18th January 2011, 21:41   #3051
BHPian

Quote:

I am experiencing the sound even when I turn the steering slightly to right or left.

I do experience the "hisss" sound when the steering is turned to extreme right or left.

-PK
Suspension mounts might be faulty. Get it checked at TASC.
Old 18th January 2011, 23:20   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
-PK
I think all cars with power steering would have this when you turn it to the extremes. Not sure why, though.
Old 18th January 2011, 23:57   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
I think all cars with power steering would have this when you turn it to the extremes. Not sure why, though.
Well while i was having it double checked in other punto's, I found the steering related 'hisss' (at the extreme ends) missing in the petrol punto. I am sure it has a power steering, couldnt explain the aberration myself.
Old 19th January 2011, 00:02   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I have GP E + MJD with 20,000 KM on the ODO.

Yesterday I faced a peculiar issue, need your opinion on it (I will be taking it the service station on Saturday):

Any one has experienced it before. Any pointers why this may be happening.

Thanks,

PK
Been there done that.

Time to change the strut mounts. Its covered under warranty @ TASC.

Please get this done immediately. the noise gets annoying with each passing KM.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 19th January 2011 at 00:04.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:00   #3055
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to book a Fiat GP E+ sometime this week. I have a few doubts though:

1. I went for the test drive yesterday and the the car had 17540 on ODO. The car drove very smoothly but the clutch was very wierd. I found it very hard. Upon asking i was told since its a test drive car and driven around by many people the clutch has become like that.

2. I completely forgot to notice the key during the test drive. Can somebody please put up a pic of the key that is given in the EP variant.

3. I have been offered 2 deals by the dealer. They are as under.
a. FIAT GP EP 2010 MODEL (white / Medium grey / Red) @ INR 6.96 OTR including RSA, extended warranty, free insurance etc.
b. FIAT GP EP 2011 MODEL (all colors available) @ 7.29 OTR including 5k discount.

Now i am confused here. is it OK to go for the 2010 model? I am sure to keep this car for next 4 years minimum. So will it affect in resale if its a 2010 model taxed and invoiced in 2011?

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:08   #3056
BHPian

Thank you, Rock "n" Rollz. I will get this done immediately.

I also need to get resolved the following issues:

1. left hand side thud sound which comes when ever I go over any speed breaker.
2. The beading of my right passenger door has completely come off. Need to get it replaced, I wonder if this is covered in warranty.
3. Minor creaking sound coming from the dashboard/CD unit.

-PK
Old 19th January 2011, 12:37   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I am planning to book a Fiat GP E+ sometime this week. I have a few doubts though:

1. I went for the test drive yesterday and the the car had 17540 on ODO. The car drove very smoothly but the clutch was very wierd. I found it very hard. Upon asking i was told since its a test drive car and driven around by many people the clutch has become like that.

2. I completely forgot to notice the key during the test drive. Can somebody please put up a pic of the key that is given in the EP variant.

3. I have been offered 2 deals by the dealer. They are as under.
a. FIAT GP EP 2010 MODEL (white / Medium grey / Red) @ INR 6.96 OTR including RSA, extended warranty, free insurance etc.
b. FIAT GP EP 2011 MODEL (all colors available) @ 7.29 OTR including 5k discount.

Now i am confused here. is it OK to go for the 2010 model? I am sure to keep this car for next 4 years minimum. So will it affect in resale if its a 2010 model taxed and invoiced in 2011?

Thanks.
1. The clutch travel on the GP is more than other cars but it is not hard on my Punto.
2. I haven't taken a pic of the Key, but I'm sure i have seen it one of the ownership reports.
3. If you are worried about the resale value, go for the 2011 model. Also, check the VIN number to find out the month of manufacture of the 2010 model. If it is before November, it is better to not touch it , as it might have been abused by the Dealer for test drives and all.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:45   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm if the electric blue is in limited production? The car I posted earlier was a 2010 make emotion diesel.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:24   #3059
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a brand new Blue Punto in a nearby Fiat showroom. I will check the MFG date and let you know!
Old 19th January 2011, 16:20   #3060
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Can someone confirm if the electric blue is in limited production? The car I posted earlier was a 2010 make emotion diesel.
My friend recently bought a 1.4 Emotion Pack petrol in electric blue avatar. It was manufactured in March 2010 as per the VIN number. He also got a good discount on it since it was a BS3 vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks