Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 09:34   #3091
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Seems this is too confusing. I will be getting my car today evening. Is there a way to check if there are 4 or 6 speakers?
Old 28th January 2011, 10:32   #3092
BHPian

Nothing much to check, new cars done come with tweeters. I got mine delivered a week back. No tweeters
Old 28th January 2011, 11:07   #3093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
Nothing much to check, new cars done come with tweeters. I got mine delivered a week back. No tweeters
Alright. Thanks for the update. and this really sucks. also, how easy it is to upgrade to nice speakers in Punto?

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 28th January 2011 at 11:14.
Old 28th January 2011, 11:33   #3094
Senior - BHPian

You can always go for the JBL branded speakers. Concorde Dairy circle does them. If you getting Emotion or Emotion Pack, then you can change only the speakers. Not the built in player.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:27   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I think i should put this argument to rest. This pic is from a Nov 09 Punto 1.4 Epack. I think its only the E-pack which gets these, but some Puntos sure do so.

@sks
Which variant is your Punto?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-20110128_008.jpg  

Last edited by julupani : 28th January 2011 at 14:32.
Old 28th January 2011, 22:16   #3096
BHPian

guys, need some help.

My Punto is nearing the 10k mark. The wheel alignment was checked in the first service, but now almost 6k kms later, I want to get the alignment checked again. My questions:

- should I get the alignment done from outside of the dealership? Has anyone got theirs done from outside?
- I would guess that it is also a good time to swap the front and rear tires, as well as get them rotated? In which case, the balancing needs to be done?

Any other tips/suggestions welcome!
Old 28th January 2011, 22:21   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Tyre rotation and alignment are scheduled for 2nd service, which is at 15000kms or 1year. So I dont think you should worry about these at all, unless you feel any wobbling or have noticed excessive or uneven tyre wear.
Old 28th January 2011, 22:29   #3098
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Got my punto today evening. Cars just awesome. Love everything about it. I checked in my car and it has 4 speakers; 1 on each door and 2 tweeters; 1 on each of the 2 front doors.

Now I read elsewhere on the forum that punto blue and me supports ipod connectivity. When I connected my ipod touch it didn't detect it. It plays music from my usb perfectly well. What could be the problem / solution here?

Thanks
Old 28th January 2011, 22:35   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Check out on FIAT international website for list of supported iPods, it may require a software upgrade.

Which variant is your Punto??
Old 28th January 2011, 22:44   #3100
BHPian

harshal,congrats on the new buy!suggest you change the front speakers and tweeters to something better.Even a budget aftermarket speaker will make a marked difference in sound quality.just dont tell the dealer lest it should void electrical warranty.
Old 28th January 2011, 23:49   #3101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Check out on FIAT international website for list of supported iPods, it may require a software upgrade.

Which variant is your Punto??
thanks. shall check there and upgrade the s/w if reqd. I bought the GP MJD EP model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
harshal,congrats on the new buy!suggest you change the front speakers and tweeters to something better.Even a budget aftermarket speaker will make a marked difference in sound quality.just dont tell the dealer lest it should void electrical warranty.
Thanks. I shall check with my regular car accessory fellow and upgrade the same.
Old 29th January 2011, 06:57   #3102
BHPian

Congrats. For the iPod touch to work you would need the blue & me adapter. Normal iPods play fine when connected but for iPhone and the touch it requires an adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Got my punto today evening. Cars just awesome. Love everything about it. I checked in my car and it has 4 speakers; 1 on each door and 2 tweeters; 1 on each of the 2 front doors.

Now I read elsewhere on the forum that punto blue and me supports ipod connectivity. When I connected my ipod touch it didn't detect it. It plays music from my usb perfectly well. What could be the problem / solution here?

Thanks
Old 29th January 2011, 10:08   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Tyre rotation and alignment are scheduled for 2nd service, which is at 15000kms or 1year. So I dont think you should worry about these at all, unless you feel any wobbling or have noticed excessive or uneven tyre wear.
Ohk .. I need to check that. I can feel a very slight drag to the left and hence thought of checking the alignment. But I also thought as a general practice it is advisable to check the alignment every 5k kms and swap n rotate the tires after 10k kms?
Old 29th January 2011, 11:19   #3104
Senior - BHPian

A very slight drag may be from causes other than alignment.

If you want to do the alignment and rotation there is no harm in doing it as such, but the service center guys will do it for free at the 2nd service anyway, so keep that in mind while spending your money.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:07   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Punto MJD owners.
Elementary question. How do you get your car on move from rest?
I just release the clutch pedal without even touching the accelerator. Once wheel start to roll I start using accelerator. What bothers me is that sometimes there is "ghad ghad" sound. If I am on incline I use the accelerator along with clutch release. But on normal flat surface, should I add a pinch of accelerator??

I feel I should. What say?

Most Viewed