Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 11:45   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

When you are driving in rain with wipers on, as soon as you start to reverse the car, the rear wiper starts working. I did not know that.

Punto emotion comes with a rear fog lamp? Is its purpose to warn the people coming from behind that car is there in front?
Old 25th April 2011, 11:51   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
When you are driving in rain with wipers on, as soon as you start to reverse the car, the rear wiper starts working. I did not know that.

Punto emotion comes with a rear fog lamp? Is its purpose to warn the people coming from behind that car is there in front?

Yes it is to increase visibility in low visibility conditions.

Also, the rear wipers do not work as fast as the front ones, if you notice
Old 25th April 2011, 11:56   #3333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Yes, the rear wipers are connected to the reverse gear. You keep discovering such small unadvertised features in this car

Yes fog lamps are for increasing your visibility and your car's visibility to others in foggy/rainy conditions.
The fog lamps are brighter than the tail lamps (because of the type of reflectors used) and this helps the cars coming behind you in spotting you and reduces the chances of you being "rear-ended"
Old 25th April 2011, 12:21   #3334
Senior - BHPian

I think all Puntos come with rear fog lamps, not just the Emotion variants. Only the fog lamps in the front are exclusive to the Emotion variants.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:30   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I think all Puntos come with rear fog lamps, not just the Emotion variants. Only the fog lamps in the front are exclusive to the Emotion variants.
Yes that's right, all variants come with a rear fog lamp.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:35   #3336
BHPian

My first free service is at 5000kms and not 3000kms. Has this been changed recently? My car is a 90HP Punto and delivery was taken on 6th March.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:57   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Something just struck me now. As all the models come with a rear fog lamp, how does one turn them on?? Is the switch located at the same place or some where else.

@Kiren

You sure about the change in service interval?? Any other new Punters, can you confirm?
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 13:22   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Something just struck me now. As all the models come with a rear fog lamp, how does one turn them on?? Is the switch located at the same place or some where else.

@Kiren

You sure about the change in service interval?? Any other new Punters, can you confirm?
The switch (button) for the rear fog lamp is adjacent to the one for the front fog lamps. It's in the panel on the right of the steering wheel where you have buttons for MID control, headlight height adjust etc..

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-pbuttons.jpg

Edit: This is for Emotion ( Thanks SumitBahl)

Last edited by sbkumar : 25th April 2011 at 13:29. Reason: Based on another user's comment.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:25   #3339
BHPian

Quote:

@Kiren

Its a button right below the AC vents.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img00095201005211850.jpg  

Old 25th April 2011, 13:26   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
The switch (button) for the rear fog lamp is adjacent to the one for the front fog lamps. It's in the panel on the right of the steering wheel where you have buttons for MID control, headlight height adjust etc..

Attachment 535277
Its different in ACTIVE model.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:29   #3341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

@Kiren

The rear fog lamp button location shown by sbkumar is in emotion and higher variants and the location shown by sumitbahl is for dynamic and lower variants
Old 25th April 2011, 15:07   #3342
BHPian

has anybody attended the free summer free check up camp which has started from 9th April ~ 30th April

Please share
Old 27th April 2011, 18:43   #3343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Yes, after reading about getting it done externally by some BHPians, I tried to get it done. Though there was a slot to connect the external USB cable at the back of the HU it was not recognized by the system. Then I noticed that it is Delphi and there was another punto at the shop at the moment where we checked and found it was Bosch.
Is there no workaround for this? I thought we could add the aux-in even for the new Puntos. When I had gone to a few leading audio installers in Blore a couple of months back they were confident they could add the aux-in for the Punto.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:45   #3344
BHPian

@SumitBahl, off topic question. AFAIK, you have the GP Active Version. I wanted to ask you, when you got the Door Handles Painted in Exotica Red.

Were the Door Handles removed to be painted or they painted them while on the car itself ?
Old 27th April 2011, 22:09   #3345
h14
BHPian

Quote:
One thing i have noticed is the latest brochure mentions only 4-speakers, while earlier ones said 6-speakers. There was some discussion earlier about which versions got the tweeters.
To add to this, my 2011 Linea MJD E+ too did not have the tweeters. Found out when the door pads were removed for the speaker upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks