Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 17:26   #3451
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I doubt you will need to replace the bumper. To me it looks very much repairable.
Old 12th June 2011, 18:00   #3452
BHPian

if it can be repaired..im only worried about the lip like sharp profile there..will they be able to match it
Old 12th June 2011, 19:31   #3453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
My Punto got hit by a stone on the front bumper right side bottom
From the pictures, it looks like a BIG stone and a BIG HIT!!..You can just ask the guys to remove the dent and re-paint only if necessary.

If paint goes off in that area, you could always sticker the same to cover up the that paint area.
Old 12th June 2011, 20:31   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
From the pictures, it looks like a BIG stone and a BIG HIT!!..You can just ask the guys to remove the dent and re-paint only if necessary.

If paint goes off in that area, you could always sticker the same to cover up the that paint area.

u mean the dent can be pushed back n painted...wat abt the profile or the sharp edges
Old 13th June 2011, 07:16   #3455
Senior - BHPian

^^^: It will return to normal profile and the sharp edges will get smoother!
Old 13th June 2011, 10:50   #3456
Senior - BHPian

Need your help to clarify something I observed in last couple of days:

I had to take the car through some rough patches with really big bottom scrapper kind of potholes and when ever the car was tilting at an angle (one wheel in on the road level and other wheel inside the pothole or over a mud heap), I got a beep and at times, my in cabin light glows for a second.

I did not measure the tilt angle, but I am getting the beep sound when my car is roughly at 15~20 degree tilt or more.

Not sure it is a bug or feature.
Old 13th June 2011, 11:14   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand
Need your help to clarify something I observed in last couple of days:

I had to take the car through some rough patches with really big bottom scrapper kind of potholes and when ever the car was tilting at an angle (one wheel in on the road level and other wheel inside the pothole or over a mud heap), I got a beep and at times, my in cabin light glows for a second.

I did not measure the tilt angle, but I am getting the beep sound when my car is roughly at 15~20 degree tilt or more.

Not sure it is a bug or feature.
I too had the same issue on my car, this is due to a faulty door sensor on the drivers side. When I reported this to ther service guys, they immediately identified it and fixed it.

If Concorde has no clue about this issue, don't even bother asking them to fix it, take or to Prerana, they sure know about this.

Is this a issue on all Active variants? Did anyone else face this issue?
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 22:41   #3458
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I am in the process of finalising the Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack as my next car.

However, an issue which I have consistently read about in many ownership threads here and in the Fiat forums is starting to worry me.

Rusting.

The latest member who has bought a Punto, vshetty, has posted in his ownership thread that he has noticed under-body rusting in his four-month old Punto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshetty View Post
iii) I have seen under-body rust, not yet in the engine compartment / maybe I have not really looked.
But I am getting the Under-body 3M or Wurth Stone Guard coating done soon, if not for anything, for the ICE in the car.
That was in response to my query to him regarding if he got any anti-rust work done on his new car.

I read about Fiat's 5-year Paint Protection Warranty - Paint and body will be covered under warranty to be rust free for the entire warranty period.

Do they offer free anti-rust coating for the under-body and under the hood for the entire 5 years?
Do they do the coating job at every service interval?
Do we need to pay extra for this Warranty?
Is it the 3M Teflon job which Fiat technicians talk so often about?
Do they offer separate coupons for this special Warranty and service?

I am willing to pay for it, as long as it keeps the body of my car rust-free.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:33   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
Guys, I am in the process of finalising the Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack as my next car.

However, an issue which I have consistently read about in many ownership threads here and in the Fiat forums is starting to worry me.

Rusting.

The latest member who has bought a Punto, vshetty, has posted in his ownership thread that he has noticed under-body rusting in his four-month old Punto!

That was in response to my query to him regarding if he got any anti-rust work done on his new car.

I read about Fiat's 5-year Paint Protection Warranty - Paint and body will be covered under warranty to be rust free for the entire warranty period.

Do they offer free anti-rust coating for the under-body and under the hood for the entire 5 years?
Do they do the coating job at every service interval?
Do we need to pay extra for this Warranty?
Is it the 3M Teflon job which Fiat technicians talk so often about?
Do they offer separate coupons for this special Warranty and service?

I am willing to pay for it, as long as it keeps the body of my car rust-free.
IMO, the rust what Shetty is talking about is on the engine guard. The engine guard takes scrapes, hit by stones etc which otherwise would hit the engine, and hence the rust.

I have been driving a punto for almost a year now and I never have seen any rust at all except for the engine guard as I have done a lot of driving on bad roads and scraped most of the paint there.. I guess the guard isn't that expensive as well to
Replace in case it gets damaged. And tell me how many cars come with an engine guard.. ?
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 11:00   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Raven: Rust is not a problem in Punto. The metal treatment and paint job on the car is fabulous. If its the engine guard then yes there will be rust on it as it takes on the bumps and scraps. But that is what it is meant to do. And it is replaceable also.

Go ahead with your purchase without any fear.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 11:23   #3461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
IMO, the rust what Shetty is talking about is on the engine guard. The engine guard takes scrapes, hit by stones etc which otherwise would hit the engine, and hence the rust.

I have been driving a punto for almost a year now and I never have seen any rust at all except for the engine guard as I have done a lot of driving on bad roads and scraped most of the paint there.. I guess the guard isn't that expensive as well to
Replace in case it gets damaged. And tell me how many cars come with an engine guard.. ?
Indeed, I haven't heard of many cars with an engine guard! Another +1 to Fiat - they have made sure that the Punto is very desirable in it's segment. If they improve their dealerships and A.S.S. a bit more within the next six-eight months, I can see Punto leapfrog significantly in sales!

Prospective hatch buyers - take note!

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Raven: Rust is not a problem in Punto. The metal treatment and paint job on the car is fabulous. If its the engine guard then yes there will be rust on it as it takes on the bumps and scraps. But that is what it is meant to do. And it is replaceable also.

Go ahead with your purchase without any fear.
Thanks for clearing my doubt, friends. The Grande Punto will now be my next car.
Old 18th June 2011, 13:28   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends ,
My Punto got hit by a stone on the front bumper right side bottom . I have attached the picture for your reference. Now i wanted to know
1) can the fiat service people repair it by pushing the dent out & then paint & get it right

2) Or replacing the bumper the only option to restore to original condition

need an advice & valuable suggestions from your side so that i can go for the right thing

Visited concorde motors today & spoke to the body shop manager,
He gave me two options

1) Repairing can be done . cant assure 100% perfection. may be 75% . but will cost approx Rs 2500 as it has to be painted & workmanship

2) new bumper costing approx Rs 6000 . 50% Insurance can be claimed. so expence from my pocket would be around Rs 3000 ( 6000 minus 50% claim) . However I lose the non claim bonus of insurance ( approx Rs 2000 . iNsurance due after 6 months)
with this i get a shining new flawless bumper

now the confusion is should i opt for option 1 and save Rs 2500 or go with option 2. suggestions please
Old 18th June 2011, 13:54   #3463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited concorde motors today & spoke to the body shop manager,
He gave me two options

1) Repairing can be done . cant assure 100% perfection. may be 75% . but will cost approx Rs 2500 as it has to be painted & workmanship

2) new bumper costing approx Rs 6000 . 50% Insurance can be claimed. so expence from my pocket would be around Rs 3000 ( 6000 minus 50% claim) . However I lose the non claim bonus of insurance ( approx Rs 2000 . iNsurance due after 6 months)

now the confusion is should i opt for option 1 and save Rs 2500 or go with option 2. suggestions please
I think the new bumper comes unpainted and they'll paint it and then put it onto your car.
So i suggest you can get it repaired if he is so confident of the repair work he can do.
Minor surface finish irregularities will definitely be present in the repair job, but that can be ignored IMO. I would suggest you to get it repaired
Old 18th June 2011, 13:56   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this Rs. 6000 inclusive of painting cost of the Bumper? (In any case, Painting cost is covered in Insurance). You have to bear 50% of the cost of the bumper, and Rs. 500 towards Insurance excess (did I get the term right?).

The guy at the Body Shop here said bumper damages are repaired through heat setting - they don't require repainting unless the paint fell off. He assures 100% perfection of such jobs (I did take that with a pinch of salt - may be he can give out 90%).
Old 18th June 2011, 16:55   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I think the new bumper comes unpainted and they'll paint it and then put it onto your car.
So i suggest you can get it repaired if he is so confident of the repair work he can do.
Minor surface finish irregularities will definitely be present in the repair job, but that can be ignored IMO. I would suggest you to get it repaired
u r right hemanth..they will paint the black bumper in the service center. as usual they suggested that bumper has to be replaced.Howevr after a bit persuation they spoke biut the repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Is this Rs. 6000 inclusive of painting cost of the Bumper? (In any case, Painting cost is covered in Insurance). You have to bear 50% of the cost of the bumper, and Rs. 500 towards Insurance excess (did I get the term right?).

The guy at the Body Shop here said bumper damages are repaired through heat setting - they don't require repainting unless the paint fell off. He assures 100% perfection of such jobs (I did take that with a pinch of salt - may be he can give out 90%).
yes it is inclusive of the bumper + paint + workmanship

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks