Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 23:12   #3916

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
If there are other people buying from bangalore, can you guys send me a PM with your contact numbers so that we can form a group and bargain better. I am hoping against hope that Fiat will give better dissounts for november month. The current discounts have been there for ages now.

Arkin evoisrevo has said he will put across a word of referral / influence.
One of my Friend is planning on 90HP Diesel Punto in Red color (after cancelling the booking of 75HP emotion). He has been told from Mysore dealer that 90HP production has been stopped/reduced and can only get May/June make (EMZ/FMZ). Is this true? or is it only for Red 90HP diesel?

So, he is planning to check out in Bangalore now probably in Prerana Motors on outer ring road. He had enquired on Punto before in Prerana few weeks back during researching and went to Mysore dealer as there was some problem with Address proof. Let me know and I will ask him to contact you guys.
Old 21st October 2011, 23:20   #3917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.hg View Post
One of my Friend is planning on 90HP Diesel Punto in Red color (after cancelling the booking of 75HP emotion). He has been told from Mysore dealer that 90HP production has been stopped/reduced and can only get May/June make (EMZ/FMZ). Is this true? or is it only for Red 90HP diesel?
My friend who got delivery of his 90HP MJD Punto earlier this week has got a Sept '11 manufactured car (Medium Grey).
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 06:52   #3918
BHPian

Quote:

So, he is planning to check out in Bangalore now probably in Prerana Motors on outer ring road. He had enquired on Punto before in Prerana few weeks back during researching and went to Mysore dealer as there was some problem with Address proof. Let me know and I will ask him to contact you guys.
I doubt as none of the showrooms in Bangalore ever mentioned that. Maybe the dealer is trying to push 75Bhp Puntos from his stockyard.

He can contact us for sure. I have already shared my number with you.
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:43   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
. Is this true? or is it only for Red 90HP diesel?

Now that's pure bull. I'd booked the red myself, and they just needed to procure it from Ranjangaon.

@Muni: I guess you know who other party buying a white GP 90 is.
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:22   #3920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He has been told from Mysore dealer that 90HP production has been stopped/reduced and can only get May/June make (EMZ/FMZ).
I really don't understand how such rumours keep popping out against punto.
Some pages back here, I read people concerned about GC when it has the highest GC in its size & class

Now this rumour of production, when I'm seeing a lot of puntos on road and also so many punto bookings especially 90hp.

Ask your friend to just find another dealer and book a newer model.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:12   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Its still in production & is available at TF dealers.
I've even confirmed this from Local dealer last week, as I'm also planning to buy one very soon but I'm backed at each step by FIAT Service & Spare parts issue.

I request FIAT owners to come forward to clarify on this issue, as I don't want to buy flimsy Maruti Suzuki this time.
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:26   #3922
BHPian

^^^Buddy , your best Bet is FIAT customer service . they are pretty responsive and will help you. As for 90 HP prod stopped, dealer is trying to make a quick pass. he might have 75 HP in stock and pushing them out of showroom. Do you have only one dealer in your city??

Kindly check with other dealers as well..
Old 24th October 2011, 18:11   #3923
BHPian

AFAIK there's just Urs Kar in Mysore. Driving_Nomad (new member) has booked one 90HP at Urs Kar and has had no such issues.
Speak to the higher ups at Urs Kar. They'll sort out things.
Old 24th October 2011, 20:30   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post

Yes. The swift *feels* faster than the Punto, but the Punto has its own potential that needs to be unleashed.
While the Swift would have already unleashed it's potential.

Dude, let's agree to the fact that the i20 and the Swift D are faster than the Punto off the block. Heck, even the 3-pot VW Polo is! Raj would vouch for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, swifts & i20s are indeed faster than puntos.

but all cars has its pros & cons. punto feels very relaxed at high speeds. compared to some hatchbacks, 120 kmph in punto feels like you are doing 80 kmph.
True.
Old 24th October 2011, 21:18   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Dude, let's agree to the fact that the i20 and the Swift D are faster than the Punto off the block. Heck, even the 3-pot VW Polo is! Raj would vouch for that!
Dude, looks like you are a swift D person. Try to finger a Punto the wrong side of 120 on mountain roads and you will understand the differences!
headers is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 21:25   #3926
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Dude, let's agree to the fact that the i20 and the Swift D are faster than the Punto off the block. Heck, even the 3-pot VW Polo is!
As they say, "what's the use of speed without control"!!

Punto surely lacks in initial pull, heck even new Swift is tuned that way albeit the super gearbox the Swifts have!
Old 24th October 2011, 21:33   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Dude, looks like you are a swift D person. Try to finger a Punto the wrong side of 120 on mountain roads and you will understand the differences!
Been there and done that already . no doubt Punto is slow off the block but than slot her in 3 rd and enjoy the fun .

This debate is endless so won't comment on the pro's and con';s .

Each One Has his own preference and acts accordingly.
.sushilkumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 21:46   #3928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Mr Headers, please re-read my post. I mentioned 'off the block' if your eyes can catch that! Given that, where from '120 kmph' and mountain roads come from?

Ah, these Fiat fanatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
As they say, "what's the use of speed without control"!!

Punto surely lacks in initial pull, heck even new Swift is tuned that way albeit the super gearbox the Swifts have!
A mature reply. Yes, but we are talking pick-up here, neither speed nor control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Been there and done that already . no doubt Punto is slow off the block but than slot her in 3 rd and enjoy the fun .

This debate is endless so won't comment on the pro's and con';s .

Each One Has his own preference and acts accordingly.
Yep, enjoyed it and will enjoy it too!

P.S: Am no Swift person, in fact am a big time Punto fan. Fan of all the things it does right!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 21:52   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Long time, DRIV3R!

Off the block? Yes. I totally agree in the case of the Swift. But not otherwise.

The Punto 90HP is way faster than the i20 at the sprint to 120 and that is why we bought it.
The i20 no longer comes with the 6-speed box
The i20 6-speed was one hell of a ride, not the present one!
FYI, the i20 5 speed cruises at 35km/h in the 5th!

About the Swift, yes. It would have unleashed all it's potential and ran out breath while the Punto would be a league ahead. As a CITY car for a learner or someone not willing to drive the Punto like it should, the Swift is IT.
Pfft!!! The 3-pot Polo vs. the Punto 90!?
Trust me. I own a Fiesta TDCi myself. It is a firecracker off the block, after which it pants and brays like a donkey. I've been to Nandi hills in my Ford as well as a fellow BHPian's 76 HP Punto. The Punto was a charm in comparo.

If one doesn't know how to drive a Punto like a Punto should be driven, no point of comparing the performance with another car's. . Different cars have different ways of being driven. As a well seasoned driver, you would say the same. My GP-90 takes off like a rocket, thanks to the way it is driven. You need to own one to realize.

I can't wait to cross 15k, after which the drive will surely be pure bliss.

OT: Fact is, I myself was under the impression that Fiats are slow, sluggish autos, with plenty of niggles and poor AfSS and never even thought of getting my dad to even TD the Linea / Punto. But now, I've changed COMPLETELY!

Back to the topic:
No point arguing. The i20 is/was a BRILLIANT car, but with the 5 speed, it is a sheer waste of money. I'd buy a swift over the i20 for performance. Heck the i20 crusies at 35 in the 5th gear! When it comes to ease of driving as a city car, I myself would choose the Swift anyday, unless I can drive the Punto like it should be driven. I don't know why people say the low end response of the Punto is bad, could be; but with my dad driving it, it beats the other cars on the road!

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 24th October 2011 at 21:57. Reason: Slight corrections.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 22:09   #3930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post

Off the block? Yes. I totally agree in the case of the Swift. But not otherwise.

The Punto 90HP is way faster than the i20 at the sprint to 120 and that is why we bought it.
I don't care for why you bought the GP, honestly. I repeat, an i20 CRDi, irrespective of the number of gears can smoke a GP 90 HP in a 0-60 or 0-100 drag.

Quote:
The i20 no longer comes with the 6-speed box
You are telling me?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2467778

(And suddenly I see some parts of your last post deleted, like 'Get your facts straight', LOL)

Quote:
The i20 6-speed was one hell of a ride, not the present one!
FYI, the i20 5 speed cruises at 35km/h in the 5th!
LOL. To hell with that logic.

Quote:
About the Swift, yes. It would have unleashed all it's potential and ran out breath while the Punto would be a league ahead.
Dream on, mate.

Quote:
Pfft!!! The 3-pot Polo vs. the Punto 90!?
Yes, as embarrassing as it may seem, the fact is that the Polo is faster off the block. Don't trust me? Ask Raj, he owns the same GP 90HP and works for VW. So!

Quote:
You need to own one to realize.
You got no idea, trust me. Let's not get there until you are legal enough to drive a car, shall we?

Quote:
I can't wait to cross 15k, after which the drive will surely be pure bliss.
It sure will! Fiat's MJD opens up after 10k kms.

Quote:
I don't know why people say the low end response of the Punto is bad, could be; but with my dad driving it, it beats the other cars on the road!

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2012 at 15:14. Reason: No inappropriate language please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks