Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:37   #4201
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Gents ,

The cost of GC upgrade has been announced on FIAT;s FB page and is as below

Anybody knows what all is included in this upgrade kit. IMO this is first time that a Manufacturer has thought of keeping it ;s existing customers up to date with this upgrade Kit.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat.jpg

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 2nd February 2012 at 10:42.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:44   #4202
Senior - BHPian

Why should the petrol GC upgrade kit be more expensive than the diesel one? I can not understand the logic here. Also, I think the cost is pretty high. I bet very few existing owners of Linea and Punto would go and do this. I had imagined the cost to be around <=5K maximum.
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:05   #4203
Senior - BHPian

The raised suspension setup will compromise handling to an extent. I guess the Puntos running on 165/80R14 and 195/60/R15 sizes don't have much of a problem with ground clearance. The 175/70 on the earlier Emotion variants have a 10mm lower ride and the GC does cause problems on bad roads.

I mentioned this upgrade to my dad and he said it was unlikely that they improved GC without affecting the handling and he was against it . People who want to upgrade should TD the 2012 models before making the plunge.
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:43   #4204
Senior - BHPian

Guys, got a call from TATA-FIAT A.S.S. Fortune Motors (where I give my car for servicing) that they are having a free campaign wherein they will come over to my place & do a free 12 point check up on my car & if engine oil, coolant, windshield washer etc. needs to be topped up, they will do it. They informed me that it will take only 20 minutes.

I again re-confirmed with the lady on the phone that it is a free service. Why is FIAT doing this? Is it actually free?
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:48   #4205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I again re-confirmed with the lady on the phone that it is a free service. Why is FIAT doing this? Is it actually free?
Not only FIAT..most OEM guys do it - But sometimes they tell you things you dont want to believe in too
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:37   #4206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, got a call from TATA-FIAT A.S.S. Fortune Motors (where I give my car for servicing) that they are having a free campaign wherein they will come over to my place & do a free 12 point check up on my car & if engine oil, coolant, windshield washer etc. needs to be topped up, they will do it. They informed me that it will take only 20 minutes.

I have been lucky(?) enough to get this FREE 12 point check up twice for my Vista by TATA A.S.S. They came to my place, topped up all liquids, checked tyre pressure, cleaned the dash, cleaned and aligned the windshield washer nozzles. I was so so not sure about this thing being free and I had also bombarded the lady on the phone with 100 queries. But eventually it was free and useful too.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:08   #4207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I have been lucky(?) enough to get this FREE 12 point check up twice for my Vista by TATA A.S.S. They came to my place, topped up all liquids, checked tyre pressure, cleaned the dash, cleaned and aligned the windshield washer nozzles. I was so so not sure about this thing being free and I had also bombarded the lady on the phone with 100 queries. But eventually it was free and useful too.
Did you receive any free gift? I have been promised a gift... I hope its a FIAT keychain!
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:26   #4208
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Nope Raj. I did not get any gift. Anyways, whatever they did for FREE is a gift itself, ain't it? Hope you get some nice gift. Do let us know. BTW, have you checked the new Punto in flesh? If yes, can you put a comparo here for the benefit of prospective buyers?
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:34   #4209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^^ Nope Raj. I did not get any gift. Anyways, whatever they did for FREE is a gift itself, ain't it? Hope you get some nice gift. Do let us know.
Sorry buddy, I will do that.

Quote:
BTW, have you checked the new Punto in flesh? If yes, can you put a comparo here for the benefit of prospective buyers?
Had gone twice to the TATA-FIAT dealer, but dint get to see the Punto 2012.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:01   #4210
Distinguished - BHPian

Everyone here will agree with me on this...No car review is as satisfying as a TBHP review.

Its been 1 month since the new Punto and Linea have been launched.
Why is there no official reivew yet on TBHP when the Dzire official review was up on the launch day iself.

I wanted a detailed comparision of both the versions but I'm not able to get one.
Yes, I can check out the car myself, but nothing like a TBHP official review.

Mods, hope you are listening...
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:14   #4211

I would like to know recomendations on engine oil change for my diesel Punto during First Service. I have done 6000km out of which nearly 4500km were on highways. The service advisor did not seem knowledgeable to make a recomendation and went by the book saying its not needed as per company till 15000km. He said he has topped up 0.5litre of engine oil.

Will the change in engine oil help in better mileage/smoothness/reduced noise?

Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:14   #4212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
No car review is as satisfying as a TBHP review.
Agree on this line about the quality of our in-house reviews, but normally Team-BHP official review arrives when a new car is launched (e.g.; Swift Dzire as your mentioned, Skoda Rapid etc.), or a new iteration of an existing car is launched (e.g.; diesel variant of Sunny, Fortuner AT, New Fiesta AT etc.).

But for minor facelifts like in this case of Linea/Punto (or the recent Honda City facelift), I don’t expect official review as a norm
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:32   #4213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
... normally Team-BHP official review arrives when a new car is launched (e.g.; Swift Dzire as your mentioned, Skoda Rapid etc.,)....
Swift Dzire is not a new car even though they say they have 150 new features(the list is laughable to say the least).
Swift and Swift Dzire are also facelifts.

a review showing the changes atleast should come up when for example new threads are created for swift and dzire

there may not be 150 changes in punto/linea or any change in terms of body looks, but it has some segment-first changes.

For me,TBHP is the first place i look at for a good review of any new launch.
Since I haven't got time to see the car in person, its that much more disappointing
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:39   #4214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Swift Dzire is not a new car even though they say they have 150 new features(the list is laughable to say the least).Swift and Swift Dzire are also facelifts.
Really? On what grounds are you saying so? Just because the head lights are similar? Or overall the car looks similar?

FYI, the new Swift has a completely new chassis [longer wheel base], tweaked up engines, better plastics, re-tuned suspension etc!!

And Dzire is even different from the Swift in many places right from A-pillar to the back! So please DONT confuse yourself; the Swift & Dzire are completely NEW generations and the Dzire is different from Swift as well [rear seats, rear suspension, rear door etc to point some difference. It's NO more just a boot slapped on Swift's butt! Agree that it's a blunder from Maruti to point 150 *new* features though!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2012 at 20:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:53   #4215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

FYI, the new Swift has a completely new chassis [longer wheel base], tweaked up engines, better plastics, re-tuned suspension etc!!

swiftnfurious, don't get furious with me I'm not contesting against any of your points above.
Also I do not want to discuss about Maruti in a Fiat Thread.

Nevertheless Swifts are still facelifts but a major one at that as compared to the Fiats.
I only wanted to convey that anyone who want to see the differences between two versions of the fiat cars, haven't got one...of TBHP quality.

As I have written earlier, an update to the existing review of the fiats would've been wonderful.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks