Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 08:36   #4321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60
EDIT:on third thoughts is there a way in which i can switch the brake and clutch pedals so that this reduces the problem or may be even eliminate it?
Imagine a incline where you need to stop and start with help of half clutch.

1. You brake with left leg (left lever).
2. Apply clutch using right leg. (right leg - middle lever)
3. Need to release clutch to half (right leg- middle lever), while taking leg off brake (left leg- left lever) to press accelerator (left leg across to rightmost lever now), while releasing the clutch fully (right leg lifting off middle lever - while not trying to move left leg which goes on top across while trying to press rightmost lever).

One thing for sure- will be entertainment for Co- passengers.

No offence meant...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th February 2012 at 08:37.
Old 19th February 2012, 11:23   #4322
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

1 year today with the Punto
odo:22652
Avg: 15.56 kmpl

Modifications and replacements:
Osram NB bulbs, 1 week after purchase
JBL gtx-555 headunit.
Rear suspension - replaced under warranty/recall
Linea arm rest, fitted last week.

Problems
Coolant leakage - problem with EGR,according to invoice
Rear spray pipe coming loose - missed in PDI and finally fixed by me using nylon tie.
Knocking sound, front suspension - lubrication of link.

The service center Concorde, Dairy Circle is quite crowded, but they do manage to deliver your car on time for regular service. If you enjoy driving, I would recommend the car, stay away if you find EPS "really smooth".
Old 19th February 2012, 14:59   #4323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger

Let me know in case you are seriously considering the Punto, I can pass on some contacts for smooth sales and service experience.

And regarding the worth of 90HP - If you drive regulary on highways and are a spirited driver, buy 90HP with eyes closed.

I strongly believe that there is no hatchback in India that even remotely matches the 90HP's overall performance on highways.
Can you PM this info? Would really help.

Got an offer for 18k on insurance, 7k corporate discount + 1.5k cash discount today- from Concorde, Velachery. OTR comes to 8.06L.
Old 19th February 2012, 15:54   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Imagine a incline where you need to stop and start with help of half clutch.

1. You brake with left leg (left lever).
2. Apply clutch using right leg. (right leg - middle lever)
3. Need to release clutch to half (right leg- middle lever), while taking leg off brake (left leg- left lever) to press accelerator (left leg across to rightmost lever now), while releasing the clutch fully (right leg lifting off middle lever - while not trying to move left leg which goes on top across while trying to press rightmost lever).

One thing for sure- will be entertainment for Co- passengers.

No offence meant...
crazy driver you are crazy man, there i was reading you post seriously until got to point two. ha hahah well give me shout when you are in hyderabad or i will do the same when i am your town and we shall try this.

@autocrat

thank for you effort mate, this might be worth a try but, i am not too sure since i would have to adjust the seat height too, the reason for this would be so because unless i adjust seat heigth i would have no under thigh support after the mod you suggested(i like the sporty seating position remember?) and the seating posture would be compromised.

since both the brake and clutch pedals operate hydraulic pressures in this car, would it be possible to just buy a new brake pedal and replace it with the clutch pedal that would decrease the protrusion and both the pedals align i guess?

hmm... again pros cons thoughts on the below statement any one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

On second thoughts is it possible to remove the clutch pedal, measure the position i want the pedal at, then cut the extra metal that makes the pedal protrude out and reweld to get the desired position?
P.S. is the clutch pedal the same way in linea diesel too?

Last edited by rider60 : 19th February 2012 at 15:56.
Old 19th February 2012, 17:42   #4325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Total cost of Emotion 75bhp version is 7.94 minus the insurance (free) + corporate discount. OTR Chennai is 7.62 lakshs. Over dynamic , you get ACC, alloys, ABS, steering controls, , leather wrapped steering wheel , 15 inch wheels
I got an offer for 7,66,893 from the same showroom! 4k extra!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
Please elaborate on the above offer, as i was offered insurance + RSA waiver on a charge of Rs 3999, is it the same offer.
It was free insurance + corporate discount for 7000 - offered by TAFE Reach, Pallikaranai.

Whats RSA? Should i specifically ask for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
Have booked a fiat punto emotion MJD from VST motors, chennai.

On road price - 796031
Free Ins 25133
Cash disc 20898

Final On Road price for 75 hp emotion - 750000.
This is way less than what I have been qouted by both TAFE Reach, Pallikaranai and Concorde Motors, Guindy.

Concorde qouted 7,66,893 for Emotion and 8,06,252 for 90HP variants (along with mudflap + Floormats). TAFE reach qouted 8,03,552 for 90 HP and 7,58,295 for Emotion.

Could you please let me have the contact details of your SE? Would be a great help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
crazy driver you are crazy man, there i was reading you post seriously until got to point two. ha hahah well give me shout when you are in hyderabad or i will do the same when i am your town and we shall try this.
On a serious note - I faced this irritating issue during today's TD. Tried adjusting seats, but did not help. The cramped footwell made matters worse, and to add insult to injury - I was wearing my full size woodland shoes!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th February 2012 at 17:49.
Old 19th February 2012, 20:39   #4326
BHPian

@crazy driver .The guys name is Linish. You could call up VST motors, Chennai and ask for his name and ask him for a quote. I doubt if there is any catch involved. but he offered a final price of 7,50,000/- for 75hp white(non premium colour) emotion variant punto. let me know what was the quote that he offered.
Old 19th February 2012, 22:20   #4327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
@crazy driver .The guys name is Linish. You could call up VST motors, Chennai and ask for his name and ask him for a quote. I doubt if there is any catch involved. but he offered a final price of 7,50,000/- for 75hp white(non premium colour) emotion variant punto. let me know what was the quote that he offered.
Thanks. Will be visiting the place tomorrow.

I forgot that White is a non-premium colour. In that case, the qoute by Concorde Motors will be 7,61,295 for the 75hp emotion variant.

Few doubts to the experience Punto lovers here -
  • What is RSA? Road-side assistance? Do we need to pay anything additional for RSA, or does it come standard with the car?
  • What is the extended warranty offerred? Standard warranty is only 2 years, which is rather disappointing.
  • SE (Concorde, Chennai) says 90HP will arrive within maximum of 30 days. Can this be trusted? I need the car before March 19th.
Old 19th February 2012, 22:35   #4328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Linea arm rest, fitted last week.
If you don't mind may I ask the price of this item, incl fitment?

TIA
Old 19th February 2012, 23:08   #4329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • What is RSA? Road-side assistance? Do we need to pay anything additional for RSA, or does it come standard with the car?
  • What is the extended warranty offerred? Standard warranty is only 2 years, which is rather disappointing.
When i last enquired (Jan '12) RSA was free on the 90HP variant and the extended warranty was 2 years, in all 4(2+2). Extended warranty must be 4-5k IIRC.
Old 20th February 2012, 07:56   #4330
Senior - BHPian

Standard Warranty: 24 months/Unlimited km
Extended Warranty: 26 months/1.5L km

So, with extended warranty, you get 50 months/1.5L km warranty.

I think extended warranty+RSA together cost around 5K. It was offered free to me when I bought my car.
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 08:13   #4331
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
If you don't mind may I ask the price of this item, incl fitment?
+1.

And is it in beige/ grey colour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
When i last enquired (Jan '12) RSA was free on the 90HP variant and the extended warranty was 2 years, in all 4(2+2). Extended warranty must be 4-5k IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Standard Warranty: 24 months/Unlimited km
Extended Warranty: 26 months/1.5L km
So, with extended warranty, you get 50 months/1.5L km warranty.
I think extended warranty+RSA together cost around 5K. It was offered free to me when I bought my car.
Thanks guys. Extended warranty is written as 5k. Nothing has been mentioned about RSA. Need to check with the dealers.

Punto has 15k kms service intervals? Does this mean that the first service also comes up at 15k? (Or first service at 1k/5k and the rest at 15k intervals?)

Isn't 15k a big stretch (Specially for engine oil?)?

Concorde Motors is offering free mudflaps and floormats. Floormats are ok, but does the mudflaps look any good on a Punto? I somehow dont remember seeing any! Anybody on the forum having mudflaps installed?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th February 2012 at 08:29.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:48   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but does the mudflaps look any good on a Punto? I somehow dont remember seeing any! Anybody on the forum having mudflaps installed?
I have got the mudflaps installed - take a look here - there are more than a couple of photos from different angles which shows the mud flaps.

Though look wise, it may not suit well, I prefer to have them on. I do not want the water spray from my wheels causing problem to the guy who is driving behind me.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:53   #4333
Senior - BHPian

first service is at 3k/5k not sure, all services after that are of 15k kms .
they use synthetic oil , but still its always better to change at 7-8k .
Mudflaps looks damn ugly on the punto , you will find many owners have removed them after buying .Iam running my car without then for the last 5k kms and its not a big problem.May i need to put new ones in the monsoons.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:58   #4334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001
first service is at 3k/5k not sure, all services after that are of 15k kms
The first service for Fiat Grande Punto is at 3000 km whereas it is at 5000km for Fiat Linea T Jet.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:21   #4335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
The first service for Fiat Grande Punto is at 3000 km whereas it is at 5000km for Fiat Linea T Jet.
First service for Punto was at 3000km when I bought my car, but my friend who bought his 90HP in October 2011 had his first service at 5000km.

The mudflaps that I got free with my Punto didn't last long, so I've been running without them almost from Day 1. Yes, the car looks better without them, but then even the slightest bit of water of the road gets sprayed on to the front doors/rear bumper. So unless you clean your car regularly (esp during monsoons), the car won't look very appealing anyway Sometimes I feel like crying when my 1-2hrs of hard work to clean my BNW Punto gets undone within a minute on the road.
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed