Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 09:08   #4351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2dream View Post
@ crazydriver..congrats... So finally where did you book it from and what is the on-road price.
My punto will also be delivered on the 1st week of March. Eagerly waiting for it. Decision to take punto was entirely by heart. Was sold out on the looks , ride and tank like build of the punto. I didnot even test drive any other car. Took 29 years of my life to buy my first car and I wanted it to be special.

Mods planned.

1.Sun film - not too dark
2.Upgrade the speakers. (the speakers in one of the car showroon sounded
nice and in the other sounded pathetic.). The sales guy also talked about Bose
Sound system installed in one of the customers punto for 50k. I am no
audiophille, but does anyone has this setup.

Thats about it, no other mods. I kind of like the clean and simple looks of the punto.
Thanks for your help! It really helped with the negotiations - although I finally went with Concorde, Velachery Road.

I called VST and asked for Linish. I got another SE on the line (Was good though!). They offered 7.95 as against 8.01 told by Concorde. After some negotiations with both the dealers - I got 7.93 OTR + mudflaps (Will be installing only front. Will keep the rear ones for when needed) + floormats + Door sill guard + car covers. VST also offerred a multipoint mobile charger, which I didn't want at all - for now.

Since the offer sounded same from both dealers, and Concorde is very near to my place - decided to go ahead with them. They were far more aggressive compared to VST as well (Whom i felt took it a bit more relaxed).

I guess I can take it to VST for service - and it would not cause any issues (because the car was bought from concorde)?

I have the same mods planned (though in phases). I would also like to debadge and rebadge the rear. Lose those 90HP and emotion badges.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st February 2012 at 09:12.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:58   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Since the offer sounded same from both dealers, and Concorde is very near to my place - decided to go ahead with them. They were far more aggressive compared to VST as well (Whom i felt took it a bit more relaxed).

I guess I can take it to VST for service - and it would not cause any issues (because the car was bought from concorde)?

I have the same mods planned (though in phases). I would also like to debadge and rebadge the rear. Lose those 90HP and emotion badges.
Congrats. 7.95 OTR makes me wonder if I should upgrade to 90 hp in case I decide to go with the Punto. Know that 90HP shows its class on the high way but for city drives, did you find any difference between 90hp and 75 hp?

You can take the car to VST after buying from Concorde. I bought my Manza in TAFE Reach and after first service, shifted to VST. You just need to book your service in advance as it is generally crowded.
Old 21st February 2012, 11:05   #4353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

After all these years wondering why people still plonk their money on a FIAT - I have got my answer. If anyone comes to me and asks - Why FIAT? I'll just take them out for a drive. I'm sure they will get their answers too!
Good to see you go to a FIAT. Please do keep in mind that the price you pay for an excellent car is some lousy dealership experiences. But every time you get behind the wheel the FIAT would surely make you smile.

Why i am saying this is that people who buy FIAT with great expectations are often let down by the service experiences. If you really know what you are getting into things would be much better. My advice to you is that dont bother about the minor niggles the car might give during the initial days. Most of them will get sorted out on their own. If you try to get the A.S.S guys involved in sorting these minor things, you might end up in frustration since they almost consistently manage to screw up things further.

Enjoy the car. Wish you a happy ownership. Drive safe

Does the Emotion Pack now come with a 90hp engine? Is that what you are saying? What are the differences between the earlier EP and the new EP? ANy idea?
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:28   #4354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Know that 90HP shows its class on the high way but for city drives, did you find any difference between 90hp and 75 hp?
Did not get to drive the 90 HP Version. Infact - after hunting so many showrooms - could get to see only one car. VST has a Tuscan Wine Punto 90 HP on display - and for ready delivery.

OT- I'm really sorry I didnt call. My SIM failed yesterday. Have requested Vodafone for a new SIM today. Thats why its switched off.

What i wanted to convey was - In case you are planning to negotiate with Concorde, deal with Raman. Looked like he co-ordinates thing w.r.t FIAT. Best offer my SE could give was 8.01. Once Raman came into the picture - he was trying his best to match VST. I had met your SE and talked to him regarding your booking. You can try use this in your negotiations as well, if needed.

They are aware of Team-Bhp too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Enjoy the car. Wish you a happy ownership. Drive safe
Thank you!

I am not expecting much from dealerships. However - one factor I considered during purchase - was the support available in forums. With such an active community around, should be manageable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Does the Emotion Pack now come with a 90hp engine? Is that what you are saying? What are the differences between the earlier EP and the new EP? ANy idea?
Earlier Dynamic -> Active.
Earlier Emotion -> Dynamic.
Earlier Emotion Pack -> Emotion.
Earlier 90 HP -> Emotion Pack 90 HP.

This is what I could figure out from the dealerships. I dont see any major differences between earlier emotion pack and current emotion. They just seemed to have reserved the 'emotion pack' name for the 90HP variant alone.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st February 2012 at 11:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:48   #4355
BHPian

Any updates on the promised upgrade on the Punto GC? I never got any call from Prerana Bangalore; yet.! Considering the kind of potholes in Bangalore, wish the dealer would consider this VOC seriously.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:11   #4356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joommen View Post
Any updates on the promised upgrade on the Punto GC? I never got any call from Prerana Bangalore; yet.! Considering the kind of potholes in Bangalore, wish the dealer would consider this VOC seriously.
joommen, The VOC has already been addressed to and the promise has been kept.
there's a separate thread discussing the GC increase.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10-000-a.html

Since the upgrade is optional, you'll never get a call from any dealer.
I had called Concorde dairy circle yesterday and they told that the kit hasn't yet reached them and it may arrive in the first week of march.

For petrol puntos the all-inclusive cost will be around 15k and for diesel it'll be around 14k.
Old 21st February 2012, 17:28   #4357
Senior - BHPian

How much is the 1.3 MJD Dynamic on-road in Chennai? And how much discounts can one expect on it? I am looking to buy one before the anticipated tax increase after the Budget. But am now contemplating whether to go for the 90HP variant or settle down for the Dynamic, which has ABS (something I really want my car to have). Please help me decide between the variants and also the on road prices for the various variants in Chennai would be much appreciated. I would be visiting Concorde motors this weekend anyway, but these details would help me have a clearer picture before I visit them. Thanks in advance
Old 21st February 2012, 18:17   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
How much is the 1.3 MJD Dynamic on-road in Chennai? And how much discounts can one expect on it? I am looking to buy one before the anticipated tax increase after the Budget. But am now contemplating whether to go for the 90HP variant or settle down for the Dynamic, which has ABS (something I really want my car to have). Please help me decide between the variants and also the on road prices for the various variants in Chennai would be much appreciated. I would be visiting Concorde motors this weekend anyway, but these details would help me have a clearer picture before I visit them. Thanks in advance
In VST motors chennai, I was offered free insurance, sun film, door sile protection and other small freebies. If you need I can pass the number of SA and his name is Shakthi.

But due to problem with address proof I booked my Punto Dynamic in Shakthi Motors, Madurai.

Here I got Free Insurance, Rs4000 cash discount and Accessories worth Rs 6000. For accessories I went through the list in Fiat website and selected some unique things. The dealer is really pissed about this is another fact

The On-Road price after reducing free insurance and cash discount comes at Rs 6.96 lacs.

Thanks,
Sridhar
sridharj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:51   #4359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
OTR Chennai for 1.3 MJD Dynamic is 7,25,075.

Expect free insurance + Corporate discount if applicable (OTR slightly less than 7L) + freebies like floormats, mudflaps, sunfilm, sill guard etc.

I booked the 90 HP variant two days back, with Concorde, Velachery. 7.93L including car cover/ sunfilm, sill guard, mudflaps and floormats. I would say - its worth it, given the price difference of only a lakh more. If you are interested in Tuscan Wine, VST Mount Road has it in stock. Concorde and VST both guarantees delivery within 15 days.

PM me if you need anymore info.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd February 2012 at 08:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:02   #4360
Team-BHP Support

Guys, one doubt.

I was planning to take X amount loan. This was arranged through the dealer. Bank rep says - I need to pay one EMI upfront, while the rest of the amount to the dealer. If so - bank is paying X amount / X - 1 EMI amount to the dealer?

Is this the regular process? Bank in question is HDFC.

EDIT:

Make it 3 doubts.

Are you OE tyres on the 90 HP good enough? Or we need to upgrade (No upsizing since 90 HP already has 195s)?

Where is the VIN printed on the car?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd February 2012 at 13:21.
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:31   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Guys, one doubt.

I was planning to take X amount loan. This was arranged through the dealer. Bank rep says - I need to pay one EMI upfront, while the rest of the amount to the dealer. If so - bank is paying X amount / X - 1 EMI amount to the dealer?

EDIT:

Make it 2 doubts.

Are you OE tyres on the 90 HP good enough? Or we need to upgrade (No upsizing since 90 HP already has 195s)?
I will answer the second query. OEM spec tyres are enough for punto and its sufficient to handle the curves and twists on the road. I have driven my 90hp 22K kms till now on all sorts of roads at insane speeds and it has been fun with no issues. However AA are good for dry roads and they are as good as any other tyres on dry surface as far grip is considered, but they are noisy and not at all confidence inspiring on wet roads. I did not know about their wet surface behaviour, else would have changed them immediately. So if you drive on wet roads often , please change them but the spec is sufficient.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:48   #4362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one doubt.

EDIT:

Make it 3 doubts.

Doubt1:
you pay the down payment to dealer which is "car cost"-"X"
You pay 1 EMI to bank.

Bank will pay "X" to dealer so that the dealer will get Car cost-X+X...dealer happy
If number of EMIs is "Y" (for 5 year loan it is 60). After getting the car you will pay only Y-1 EMIs only...You are happy
Bank will get 1 EMI upfront and then Y-1 EMIs later...Bank happy

Its the normal procedure...Don't worry be happy

Doubt2:
The regular 195 section tyres are good enough for 30k kms atleast.
Unless you have some strong reason, no need to change.
But if you want to upgrade, sugget you to upsize also to 205s

Doubt3:
VIN is easily visible on the barcode sticker on the passenger side quarter glass.
Its also stamped on the metal name plate near the spare wheel in the boot.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:44   #4363
Senior - BHPian

VIN can also be found on the floor just in front of the front passenger seat. There's a small cut in the carpet which can be lifted to check the VIN.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:46   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one doubt.

There is a catch.

Read up. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...does-work.html

Quote:

Get better rubber with same spec 195/60 R15 if possible. I hear the MRF ZLO is great in the dry and damn good VFM. However, the wet weather performance is still doubtful. I am waiting for the monsoon for a better picture.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:04   #4365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Guys, one doubt.

Look for a white sticker with vin number under the left rear view mirror. IIRC, also in the boot where the stepney is placed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks