Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 06:38   #4531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7
BTW, which branch is processing your loan? I got my loan of Rs. 3 lakhs approved in a couple of hours from SBI, RT Nagar. was totally fuss free! All that the manager verified was my CIBIL rating!
Mine was processed at SBI PBB Koramangala. The processing was good but had to wait a long time as there was a rush to get loan approval before budget to get vehicles invoiced.

Finally done
Old 15th March 2012, 09:03   #4532
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They say she has got charecter, but little did I know that she would, when confused, scold me in Italiano!

Yes- Blue and me does that at times, and I have no clue why! Is this normal?

Is there any other way to change tracks without using steering controls (For USB playback)? Blue and me handbook does true justice to the microsoft lineage. It gets you even more confused everytime you try reading it.

Reverse sensors are still on hold since I did not get time to visit the dealership. Looks like 'FIAT approved' Autocop sensors are the best bet.

Attachment 902996
Songs in the USB drive can be changed through steering mounted controls and voice commands only. The HU and Blue & Me are separate devices and you cant control the songs in USB using the HU.

Any good brand reverse sensor should do, I have one from Autoflame which does the job.

A new version of Blue & Me got released recently, you can download it from http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx
nkg77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 09:26   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was a long, happy day for me today. Will post the detailed impressions tomorrow. Ownership log will come up in a month's time, after running about 3k kms.
Congrats mate
Its time to change your Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Has categorically mentioned them that the signatures of dad were forged on theirs rating sheets and no letter from dealer was ever received.
This is serious. I would say drop a line to Fiat's top bosses regarding this. I hope you know from where to get the email addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I have a query regarding using FM transmitter on Punto for USB slot.
One question, why do we need a FM transmitter in car?
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 09:49   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Songs in the USB drive can be changed through steering mounted controls and voice commands only. The HU and Blue & Me are separate devices and you cant control the songs in USB using the HU.

Any good brand reverse sensor should do, I have one from Autoflame which does the job.

A new version of Blue & Me got released recently, you can download it from http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx
I have downloaded the file "Aggiornamento_BlueMe_5.6_22.12.2011.zip" but i dont know what to do next. I have copied it on to a formatted USB drive.

I tried to look for the info online but most sites are in italian :(

I updated the BnM on my Punto. But first it made me update to 5.5 and then the latest 5.6

the 5.5 update went smoothly and i heard the instruction '' Update Complete''; but when i ran the 5.6 update i came to ''Restarting'' and nothing happened. So i tried once more but same. Now when i turn the car on, the ODO reading keeps flashing. What wrong have i done? Can this be rectified at my end or i need to take car to dealer?

Awaiting response.

Thanks.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 15th March 2012 at 10:18.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:16   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
One question, why do we need a FM transmitter in car?
For HUs that does not come with USB or Aux support, Using a car FM transmitter is a decent alternative . You just need to connect the FM transmitter to the cigar lighter port, plug in the flash drive to the device, set any FM frequency and select the same frequency in FM mode of your HU. The songs in the flash drive will be transmitted, will be picked up by the HU and played through the speakers.
Refer this thread for details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...apability.html
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:06   #4536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Congrats mate
This is serious. I would say drop a line to Fiat's top bosses regarding this. I hope you know from where to get the email addresses.
Have escalated it via their call center and they have asked for time till friday . post which i plan to escalate to Mr Mangesh and a lady , whose email id i got from CC people. i know of these people only. are there others as well , if you can PM me the details pls in case you have handy

Don ;t want to rush as i know they will not refund anything and i am not expecting a refund either. all i want is a nice dressing down to dealer so that he thinks twice before doing the same to others. it appears to me that this is standard practice across all dealership;s operated by cargo motors as same case is reported from Ahmadabad as well on other forum .
Old 15th March 2012, 18:36   #4537
BHPian

Boys, I would like to know the possibilities of fitting a USB port on the OEM music system.

In case anyone has done it already or has some workaround, please let me know.

Btw, car has done 4,500km in exactly 36days and it's been running like a dream. Will try to squeeze time and post up an ownership report.
Old 15th March 2012, 19:30   #4538
BHPian

There is no way that you can add a USB / AUX in OEM Music system. Only way out if to change HU .been searching for this for past 1 year now without any results.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 10:02   #4539
BHPian

Off to showroom to take delivery of my punto, all excited. Photos coming up soon..
live2dream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 10:41   #4540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
or has some workaround, please let me know.
A Bluetooth FM transmitter is the best known workaround till date.
Its also the cheapest possible solution...try it once.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 10:59   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

this is in continuation to my above post regarding update of B&M. I tried again today and i got "USB ERROR 10" I tried the same process with another formatted USB pen drive. Any suggestions on this?

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-usb-error-1.jpg
Old 16th March 2012, 11:25   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
It has got optional audio alert by way of beeps [frequency increases as the obstacle gets closer], which can be switched off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
if you remove the clip on mirror there is a switch behind it to mute the sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just now tested and reporting the result: there are two switches below the display panel-cum-IRVM, one each for display and audio switching on/off. BTW, mine is Autocop Parkpro version. This is the image displayed after switching off the audio beeps. If display is switched off, only the IRVM can be used as the display becomes blank!
Attachment 901459

There is no need to remove the clip. The two switches are accessible directly.
Thanks for pointing this out friends. Even after 1 year of ownership, I never knew that the IRVM had two switches below it!

As Ravi mentioned, there is no need to remove the IRVM, the 2 switches are below the IRVM, one for muting the sound & one for turning off the display. I prefer the sound without the display.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:57   #4543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello all,

this is in continuation to my above post regarding update of B&M. I tried again today and i got "USB ERROR 10" I tried the same process with another formatted USB pen drive. Any suggestions on this?

Attachment 903433

Try deleting all user data (settings>user data> clear all) and try the update again. This seems to have worked for somebody with the same problem . (Google - Blue & Me USB error 10)
Old 16th March 2012, 15:17   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
There is no way that you can add a USB / AUX in OEM Music system. Only way out if to change HU .been searching for this for past 1 year now without any results.
There is possibility of adding an Aux to the OEM HU.

I have previoulsy explored and found few threads about it. Will share the links soon. But I am sure you can add an AUX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello all,

1. unzip the contents of the downloaded update and put them in the root/main folder of the USB. Clear/ format the USB drive before you do it.

2. Try removing the negative terminal of the battery for a few secs, then reconnect. this will reset blue & Me.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th March 2012 at 18:12. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 16th March 2012, 15:25   #4545
BHPian

^^ that;s Possible with previous Blaukpaunt HU ;s Supplied with Punto's manufactured before sept or oct 2010 . After wards FIAT Switched to Other OEM Or basically Blaukpaunt was bought over by other company which disabled The AUX at Firmware level in HU . If one see on backside, hardware is still there to connect AUX Cable . As for USB goes, Hardware itself is missing So no way you can add a USB .

PS : - forget the name of OEM . Will post once i remember it . Is it delphi ??
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks