Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 19:20   #4621
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Had a wonderful experience today at Acumen Motors - Bavdhan Pune.

Since last 15 days, I had a serious wobbling issue in my car, whenever I brake slowly (wanting to car to slowdown from say 140 to 100) my steering used to shake and wobble a lot, since that day I was not driving the car on highways as its a scary feel and wanted to rectify it as early as possible.

I had done my first service at Pandit Auto and knew how badly they treat cars and no one responses to your queries and needs properly, however as no option I called them and told the issue and seeked for an appointment. The lady who picked up the call told me that no slots available till April 10, I said her thats not done how could you expect me to drive the car like this but she said that all dates are booked.

I cut the call annoyingly and gave a call immediately to FIAT Customer Care immediately to report this issue, at that time the lady suggested me to take the car at Acumen ( I wasn't aware that we have one more TATA - FIAT A.S.S in Pune) and in the meantime they will take up my issue with Pandit regarding their attitude.

Called Acumen immediately, to my surprise they gave me today morning 9 am appointment.

Reached there on time and job card was made for the same and my car was assigned to mechanic - Atul.

Atul and me sat in my car and went for a TD so that i can explain him the issue and within 10 mins of drive he confirmed me that my disc and brake pads are gone and need to change them immediately. I asked him to open the things up and check and if needs be we will change them.

ETA for car hand over was given to me as 2 hrs, which was very acceptable.

After 2 hrs, Atul came to the customer lounge and asked me take a test drive. --> Point to be noted - Timely Delivery.

And when I was there, my car was ready washed and shining under the sun. --> Point to be noted - Washed the car without even me asking for it, they go the extra mile - better representation

Then headed for the TD and man i was grinning from ear to ear , all wobbling issues solved and car was smooth and the steering felt rock solid without even a single vibration. --> Point to be noted - He did the test drive before asking me to drive the car, thus customer was given a clean and properly repaired car, no ifs and buts.

Now during the work in progress period, he observed my horns had become weak - he changed the pair under warranty . --> Point to be noted - If the customer forgets to report an issue , he checked it and rectified it. Proactiveness.

All fliuds top up done barring the oil --> Point to be noted - Car check up done,even if the car was there for some other issue.

Now the best part, billing.
I was only asked to pay for the brake pads ( fair enough) and the discs and horns were changed under warranty. But all this was done without having a single word or any claim or any requests from my side, they did it what they felt customer should get.

I was really very happy with such a satisfactory and pleasant service.

Now, when I was there waiting for my car to get ready, Mr. Ashish Bavner (Manager - Customer Support, TATA MOTORS ) had visited that place to get his safari service there, had a very pleasant chat with him and he told me that FIAT has become very strict regarding the service quality offered to their customers, if the customer is not happy with a particular service then they do take a note of it and get it done.

I was thinking in the back of my mind that change is very evident. and icing on the cake is - while I was headed for home after taking the car, guess what - I got a call from Pandit Auto apologising as to what happened yesterday and they are ready to take my car for a check up tomorrow. I just told them that you lost a customer

I am really very very happy wow its a pleasure when you drive a beauty like Punto and receive so good service, its just made my day very very complete.

OT - While taking the test drive, Atul asked me that why is it that your car has a great pick up, I didn't want to tell him however while leaving I told him that the magic is due to RD tuning box and you drove it in P2 mode, I told him better not to tell other people inside, to which he laughed with shy. I gave him Rs 200 for good work as an incentive.

My 30K km service is going to be done at Acumen for sure.Period.

Last edited by scofield : 21st March 2012 at 19:24. Reason: removing an extra smiley
scofield is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 20:37   #4622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkrai View Post
1. Unladen weight: 1260 KG
2. Gross weight: 1565 KG

Please note that 1.3 MJD Dynamic Unladed weight is 1130 KG as per the Fiat Brochure (Fiat India). I’m not too sure about the Gross Weight listed in the RC however I’m assuming that to be incorrect as well as the primary figure for its estimation might be the same 1260 KG.
I too possess a 1.3 MJD punto 2012 registered in Karnataka, and in my smart card RC book, the unladen weight is mentioned as 1260 kg. There is no mention of Gross vehicle weight anywhere on the smart card RC
Old 21st March 2012, 21:00   #4623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
CD RW can not be finalised and is almost like an USB drive which is why it doesn't read.
Does that mean every time when I refresh my playlist I need to write it on a new CD(Read Only)?
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:11   #4624

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I too possess a 1.3 MJD punto 2012 registered in Karnataka, and in my smart card RC book, the unladen weight is mentioned as 1260 kg. There is no mention of Gross vehicle weight anywhere on the smart card RC
Thanks Sandsun7; So it seems some RTO database have indeed incorrect weight info of 1.3 MJD. Is their any way to correct it by notifying the company or the concerned RTO? Hope such an error would not pose any issue in case of any insurance claim.
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:21   #4625
BHPian

Had a test drive of crazydriver's (Sujay) GP 90 HP , my first drive of a fiat

Initial impressions It feels like a petrol car , not much turbo kick , feels like turbo kick is spread over 1800 -3000 rpm range

Being new , i didn't push the car too much and clutch has long play and i felt little bit difficult from my seating position (i remember clevermax saying about long play of clutch in Fiat cars)

Also for me the steering wheel position seems to be high (even though set in lowest position) but finally got accustomed to it after couple of kms

Nice handling and car feels solid built and nice suspension too (CD said its soft but not soft as my Beat D )

Overall its a car for relaxed driving , I felt swift more sportier but I think i will change my opinion once car has done some more km and opens up

Sujay had a tough time in connecting USB , he had to bend down on his knees and look up into the glovebox to find the slot , very bad ergonomics

Coming to ICE me & CD had a lot of discussion on changing stock ICE and after purchase CD was saying ICE is better than expected ,Had an audition today and me too felt stock ICE ok

But one of my colleague's husband who drives a Punto had a talk with me about changing stock ICE as he felt sound quality was pathetic

is there any difference between stock ICE of Punto & Punto 90 HP?

Some pics i would like to share

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_7602.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_7605.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_7607.jpg
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:32   #4626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46
is there any difference between stock ICE of Punto & Punto 90 HP?
90 hp gets 4 speakers + 2 tweeters, and other variants just get 4 speakers IIRC. That said, I noticed that sound quality has improved quite a lot compared to my friends 2 year old Punto.
The old ones have `blaupunkt` written on the audio system, and new ones just have `mp3` - wonder if Fiat changed the vendor.
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:55   #4627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Also for me the steering wheel position seems to be high (even though set in lowest position) but finally got accustomed to it after couple of kms
One of my initial complaints too. Now - its not that big a headache for me.

Lack of underthigh support and long clutch play is still a big concern though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Sujay had a tough time in connecting USB , he had to bend down on his knees and look up into the glovebox to find the slot , very bad ergonomics
True.

Infact - the whole integration between 'Blue & Me' and the stock music system could have been much better.
  • Placement of USB slot is pathetic to say the least!
  • Tracks can only be changed through steering controls.
  • Its a pain to do simple things like navigating through folders etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
wonder if Fiat changed the vendor.
Got a book for audio system - which has FIAT, Lancia, Alfa Romeo written on it. Was this the same for the older systems as well?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd March 2012 at 22:56.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:47   #4628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Infact I love the placement of USB, it is so discreet. Try voice navigation to change tracks, folders etc.

Cheers
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:25   #4629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Infact - the whole integration between 'Blue & Me' and the stock music system could have been much better.
I love the placement of USB port, if the port is outside on the HU then there are chances of damaging the USB drive accidentally. Get a USB extension cable for connecting the USB drive to B&M USB port.

Have one more suggestion for you, B&M supports playlists, start using it then the folder navigation will be minimized. That said I never faced any issues with folder navigation till now.

Last edited by nkg77 : 23rd March 2012 at 09:27.
nkg77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:07   #4630
Team-BHP Support

Anyone has managed to get FIAT branded (fake is also fine) keychains?

Tried searching some shops around TVM, but they have brands from Audi to Suzuki to BMW - but no FIAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Infact I love the placement of USB, it is so discreet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Get a USB extension cable for connecting the USB drive to B&M USB port.
USB extension cable seems to be a necessity.

I like the placement being discreet, but not to the point where its completely out of sight for both the driver and co-passenger.

In this particular situation, crazybiker46 was sitting in the passenger seat. He tried to locate the drive, but coulnt. I tried from driver's seat, but couldn't. Had to get out and bend down outside the passenger door to locate the USB slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Have one more suggestion for you, B&M supports playlists, start using it then the folder navigation will be minimized.
It was a new drive, which crazybiker46 was using in his beat.

To select folders - I had to go through following steps.

Media.
Her- "Media Player. The available options are (etc & etc)"
Advanced USB options.
Her- "The available options are (etc & etc)"
Folders
Her- "Please use the steering navigations for (etc & etc)"

Its a very long process, for what should have been a simple button click.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd March 2012 at 14:09.
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:53   #4631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Anyone has managed to get FIAT branded (fake is also fine) keychains?
Hi , you can buy it through ebay.co.uk. I bought mine a year back for 4£. Let me search the seller. He shipped it to my india address.

You can buy from xsteveies-wholesale-goodsx from ebay.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120323_145234.png
Views: 2329
Size:  550.0 KB

Last edited by scofield : 23rd March 2012 at 15:07.
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:03   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
90 hp gets 4 speakers + 2 tweeters, and other variants just get 4 speakers IIRC. That said, I noticed that sound quality has improved quite a lot compared to my friends 2 year old Punto.
The old ones have `blaupunkt` written on the audio system, and new ones just have `mp3` - wonder if Fiat changed the vendor.
The vendoe has been changed, the new vendor is Delphi
teknophobia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:10   #4633
BHPian

The new vendor is Bosch for the HU
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:16   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield
The new vendor is Bosch for the HU
Blaupunkt was owned by Bosch. I guess it was sold recently.

At the end of the day, one more sore point addressed by Fiat

I took delivery of my Linea today and I am not going to upgrade the ICE

Last edited by autocrat : 23rd March 2012 at 16:22.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:34   #4635
BHPian

i took my linea on 8th march 2012, and the system is having blaupaunkt written on that face. Even the sound is pretty good as compared to what i heard in team bhp or in earlier 1 2 year old stock linea.

No need to upgrade audio now atleast for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks