Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 13:32   #4711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
There is nothing to worry about.
Totally agree. I had H in my Linea with 46km on odo in my Linea, but I suspect they drove the car around disconnecting the speedo

So whats the point in worrying? Just make sure that everything is in order when you get the car.

Do a proper PDI and once u select the car make sure they dont drive it around, or put it on display.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 19:45   #4712
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

I got a new message on the MID "Check glow plugs" yesterday. More details here. The message did not appear today, but should I still get it checked out? I haven't run my car since it appeared.

@DRIV3R: My car had 17km on the odo and no "H" when I got delivery. I've been happy with my car so far.
Old 10th April 2012, 13:00   #4713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thank you friends, saved a trip to the A.S.S.

These days it looks like I am scouting for a reason to run to the A.S.S.!

Even I would prefer the noise than the summer heat! Must say, the cabin chills in next to no time, and since the noise does not filter in the cabin, I was never really bothered.
Of late I have observed this sound which keeps coming even if I am not using Auto AC, I always use the blower with windows rolled up. And I hear it coming from the left dash board, as if from the vent. Even for short drives and when I have switched off the blower I hear it. So far have ignored it, I did an AC upgrade a year back I think. Mine is a 2009 model.

Any old puntos experiencing this?
Old 11th April 2012, 12:23   #4714
BHPian

Experts please comment !
On a drive of 8 km I saw the message fluid temperature high warning with the red light glowing and asking to switch off engine. This happened twice, whenever I am stuck in some bad bumper to bumper traffic. Also the AC stops working after the needle crosses the 3/4 mark. I have switched off the engine and waited untill it cools down.
I also hear this constant fan sound always when driving. Even after switching off the blower I can hear this coming. Until now I have been ignoring this, thinking it to be coming from the compressor.

My ac is set at 23.5 degrees always, I am not sure if engine coolant is working properly. I have checked the paraflu its levels are fine. Its a punto 1.4, 2.5 year old vehicle with 11k running, so not too much driving as well.
Not sure what is the problem, anyone faced this issue.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:30   #4715
BHPian

Maybe there is a blockage in the coolant circulation? That looks like the only explanation since you say that coolant levels are fine and the fan is also working.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:03   #4716
BHPian

Hi Experts / Punters,

Need your advice - What if there is a difference of Rs 40,000 between Emotion and Dynamic? One shall go for Emotion without any doubts?

advise.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 11th April 2012, 14:52   #4717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi Experts / Punters,

Need your advice - What if there is a difference of Rs 40,000 between Emotion and Dynamic? One shall go for Emotion without any doubts?

advise.

Cheers!
Irish
Assuming you are talking about 2012 Diesel models...

The 4 big A's: Alloy wheels, Airbags, Auto A/C and Audio controls on steering
Bigger tyres
Blue and me

In case of Petrol punto...Additional bigger engine, seat height adjuster and 1 more A: ABS

40,000 for all these...Its foolish not to take it IMO.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:56   #4718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Assuming you are talking about 2012 Diesel models...

The 4 big A's: Alloy wheels, Airbags, Auto A/C and Audio controls on steering
Bigger tyres
Blue and me

In case of Petrol punto...Additional bigger engine, seat height adjuster and 1 more A: ABS

40,000 for all these...Its foolish not to take it IMO.
Though I was also sure about its feautres but just wanted to need others advise on this as there are few bad reviews about Blue & Me. And also wanted to confirm if the difference of 40k is good enough to seal the deal.

Anyways, I was talking about 2012 Diesel models only.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 11th April 2012, 15:09   #4719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... as there are few bad reviews about Blue & Me...
My simple theory: More electronics in your car = More scope for problems.

While many have had issues with their B&M, many more are happy with that.

For a second, forget B&M and all other features...4 Brand new OEM alloys alone will cost you 40k if you plan to buy it later.

All the best!
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 15:17   #4720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though I was also sure about its feautres but just wanted to need others advise on this as there are few bad reviews about Blue & Me. And also wanted to confirm if the difference of 40k is good enough to seal the deal.

Anyways, I was talking about 2012 Diesel models only.

Cheers!
Irish
Look at it this way.

Those beautiful OE alloys themselves cost around around 10k each. 4*10000=40000 INR.

Other than that, you get wider (195 section)tyres, Dual Airbags, Blue&Me(USB connectivity), Steering mounted controls.

EDIT: Hemanth beat me to it.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 11th April 2012 at 15:19.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 15:41   #4721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
While many have had issues with their B&M, many more are happy with that.
I agree. It is a different thing that the system won't integrate with my phone. It is my phone and not Blue & Me. I have yet to touch the head unit controls on my stereo after I took delivery of the car. You need to touch the head unit settings just once and then get rid of the annoying Auto Play in My Car setup and your good to go. Blue & Me can do pretty much everything. I use voice controls a lot for music. The system is awesome.

The few quirks can be ignored. My head unit decides to turn on by itself once in a while when I crank the car. This has nothing to do with Blue & Me. Whats most annoying is; I have on a few occasions heard alternator whine through the stereo speakers when the stereo was switched off. The passengers can't hear it and I am not imagining things. Trouble is there is no way of resolving it as I don't know how to bring it up and something like faint alternator whine is something the service engineer is never going to hear.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:28   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Experts / Punters,

advise.

Cheers!
Irish
Hi Irish, while many have already clarified your doubts regarding the difference in features between the two, I doubt if the difference between the two models is just 40k? I just checked online in the Fiat India website, it shows that these two models are separated by about 63K (ex-showroom) so the difference would be about 70K when the on road prices are taken into account
Old 12th April 2012, 11:45   #4723
BHPian

Hi,

My new Punto Dynamic which is just 2 months old met with an accident 10 days back. The claim has been registered with Future Generelli and the surveyor has took the photo of the car within two days of the incident.

My car is with VST motors, ponnamalle. While leaving the car for repair work SA said it will take around 30 to 35 days as they have too many vehicles. It's been around 10 days and still the SA has not prepared the evaluation. For the past one week he keeps saying that it will be done today and for the last two days he is not even taking my calls. Now, I'm afraid that these guys are so lethargic in even preparing the evaluation, will they be able to deliver the car within 30 - 40 days?

Is anyone here have any contact with the manager or any SA in ponamalle branch? So that I can atleast know when they will be finalizing the evaluation and order for the spare parts. Please help me.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 11:49   #4724
Senior - BHPian

^^ Call the GM of service, His name is Ramesh. call and complain, if you talk politely to these guys nothing will happen. if that does not work, send mail to FIAT keeping these guys in CC with all the details.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:52   #4725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Hi,

My new Punto Dynamic which is just 2 months old met with an accident 10 days back. The claim has been registered with Future Generelli and the surveyor has took the photo of the car within two days of the incident.

My car is with VST motors, ponnamalle. While leaving the car for repair work SA said it will take around 30 to 35 days as they have too many vehicles. It's been around 10 days and still the SA has not prepared the evaluation. For the past one week he keeps saying that it will be done today and for the last two days he is not even taking my calls. Now, I'm afraid that these guys are so lethargic in even preparing the evaluation, will they be able to deliver the car within 30 - 40 days?

Is anyone here have any contact with the manager or any SA in ponamalle branch? So that I can atleast know when they will be finalizing the evaluation and order for the spare parts. Please help me.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Sridhar, this is bad with VST. I was never comfortable leaving my car with them. Call the service GM of VST. I have PM'ed the contact number to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks