Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 11:58   #4726
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Sridhar, this is bad with VST. I was never comfortable leaving my car with them. Call the service GM of VST. I have PM'ed the contact number to you.
Thanks for the PM, got the number now. Will try to reach the SA till this evening if he is not responding then tomorrow I will give a peace of my mind to the GM. Now I understand how it's being with TATA.

By the way, any recommendation on the other service centers in chennai?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 12:01   #4727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Thanks for the PM, got the number now. Will try to reach the SA till this evening if he is not responding then tomorrow I will give a peace of my mind to the GM. Now I understand how it's being with TATA.

By the way, any recommendation on the other service centers in chennai?

Thanks,
Sridhar
With my personal experience, TAFE is better than VST as far as the service is concerned. TAFE is more superior and ahead than VST in terms of body works.

BTW, Who is your SA at the VST, Poonamallee?
Old 12th April 2012, 12:05   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
With my personal experience, TAFE is better than VST as far as the service is concerned. TAFE is more superior and ahead than VST in terms of body works.

BTW, Who is your SA at the VST, Poonamallee?
When I left the car for service there was a guy called Kiruba, but now i here that he wan gone on long leave and now a guy called Rajesh is in contact. Hope these guys do a decent job on my punto. Now, I'm really pissed.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 12:07   #4729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I left the car for service there was a guy called Kiruba, but now i here that he wan gone on long leave and now a guy called Rajesh is in contact. Hope these guys do a decent job on my punto. Now, I'm really pissed.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Don't get dissappointed mate. We are here to help you out. Talk with their GM and get a assurance on the delivery date. I also suggest you to get your car serviced from TAFE even if you have bought it from VST.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 12th April 2012 at 12:16.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:11   #4730
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get dissapointed mate. We are here to help you out. Talk with their GM and get a assurance on the delivery date. I also suggest you to get your car serviced from TAFE even if you have bought it from VST.
Thanks for the support, I will speak to their GM now and will go for TAFE for my first service.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 12:37   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hi Irish, while many have already clarified your doubts regarding the difference in features between the two, I doubt if the difference between the two models is just 40k? I just checked online in the Fiat India website, it shows that these two models are separated by about 63K (ex-showroom) so the difference would be about 70K when the on road prices are taken into account
Yes the difference was around 65k between both the models but the dealer was giving me a discount of 20k-25k so effectively a difference of 40k between Dynamic and Emotion models.

But the sad news is that today he informed that he doesn't have Emotion in stock so getting another would attract revised Excise Duty. And the booking amount of Dynamic was paid before excise hike in March.

So currently he needs time to see if he can arrange one.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 12th April 2012, 14:56   #4732
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get dissappointed mate. We are here to help you out. Talk with their GM and get a assurance on the delivery date. I also suggest you to get your car serviced from TAFE even if you have bought it from VST.
Just got a call back from VST. The guy said they will be ordering the parts by Tuesday. But he is non-committal on the delivery date, the reason he gives is there was a fire in fiat godown some 4 months back, so the spare parts will take it's time to get shipped. I'm not sure how true it is, I believe these guys will deliver the car only by May end or June. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 14:59   #4733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call back from VST. The guy said they will be ordering the parts by Tuesday. But he is non-committal on the delivery date, the reason he gives is there was a fire in fiat godown some 4 months back, so the spare parts will take it's time to get shipped. I'm not sure how true it is, I believe these guys will deliver the car only by May end or June. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Fire story? Again? I am sick of this. When I bought Linea TJet in Sep-Oct, I wanted the OE spoiler and was told there was a fire in their warehouse and it will take 4 months to restore normalcy. It has already been 8 months and still they are on the same story?
Old 12th April 2012, 15:27   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Fire story? Again? I am sick of this. When I bought Linea TJet in Sep-Oct, I wanted the OE spoiler and was told there was a fire in their warehouse and it will take 4 months to restore normalcy. It has already been 8 months and still they are on the same story?
Even after 2 years these dealers will come up with same excuse, this is how the dealers milk the unsuspecting customers. Now, my first priority is to make sure that these guys order the parts by Wednesday, then get the order no or whatever and follow up with Fiat. It seems with TATA A** you have to be with their neck every time.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 15:41   #4735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even after 2 years these dealers will come up with same excuse, this is how the dealers milk the unsuspecting customers. Now, my first priority is to make sure that these guys order the parts by Wednesday, then get the order no or whatever and follow up with Fiat. It seems with TATA A** you have to be with their neck every time.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Fire reason is untrue. They are finding excuses to take more time. Get the order number from them once they order for the parts. Just to keep this in check, send an Email to Mangesh Kodalkar (Fiat India) on this. He can help on getting the spares quicker to the dealership.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:48   #4736
BHPian

In my experience of dealing with these service centres for the best part of last three years, they would normally delay placing the order which delays the parts delivery (mostly because they do not want to block the funds lying in the inventory account maintained with Tata/Fiat, etc etc). Every time I had to get any parts, I would pay a token amount to them and get the order placed in front of me. Trust me, it has never taken more than a week (that too is a stretch) for any parts to arrive (fire or no fire in the warehouse). For example, I installed the Linea armrest in my Punto and needed the requisite parts. I got them to place an order in front of me and with in 4 days, the parts were delivered to them. It helps if you build up a relationship with your A.S.S. especially if you own a Fiat! :-)
Old 12th April 2012, 15:53   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
Fire reason is untrue. They are finding excuses to take more time. Get the order number from them once they order for the parts. Just to keep this in check, send an Email to Mangesh Kodalkar (Fiat India) on this. He can help on getting the spares quicker to the dealership.
Yes, I know the fire reason is untrue. But I did not want to argue with that guy as my first priority is getting the estimation and making them ordering the parts. As you have suggested, I will get the order no from them and send an e-mail to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 15:58   #4738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
In my experience of dealing with these service centres for the best part of last three years, they would normally delay placing the order which delays the parts delivery (mostly because they do not want to block the funds lying in the inventory account maintained with Tata/Fiat, etc etc). Every time I had to get any parts, I would pay a token amount to them and get the order placed in front of me. Trust me, it has never taken more than a week (that too is a stretch) for any parts to arrive (fire or no fire in the warehouse). For example, I installed the Linea armrest in my Punto and needed the requisite parts. I got them to place an order in front of me and with in 4 days, the parts were delivered to them. It helps if you build up a relationship with your A.S.S. especially if you own a Fiat! :-)
Yes, but it seems it's going to be real hard to build a relationship with ***. I will keep tracking them to make sure that they have placed an order.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 12th April 2012, 16:13   #4739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know the fire reason is untrue. But I did not want to argue with that guy as my first priority is getting the estimation and making them ordering the parts. As you have suggested, I will get the order no from them and send an e-mail to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Yes Sridhar. Make sure that you get the order number from them.

2 years back, when my friend's Dezire met with an accident, it took almost 4 months for Maruthi to give the car back to him after lot of escalations. He even threatened them to file a suit in consumer forum. Why I am telling this is that this situation happens with almost all manufacturers in India. It's the efficiency of the dealers that will make lot of difference.

I am confident that you will get your car back in couple of weeks. Just followup with them.
Old 12th April 2012, 22:35   #4740
BHPian

Strange brake problem 2012 1.2 Dynamic : engine idling

Dear Friends,
My car was lying unused for the last 10 days because I was out of town. Today i wanted to take her for a spin. I started the car, and left it at idling, whence I normally do my pre drive check. The AC was ON. I took a phone call for about 5 minutes, and after that, when I tried the brakes, it was very hard and rough even with the engine ON at idle. I tried again after throttling at 2000rpm for a minute, somewhat better but not the smooth earlier feeling.

Also, when I press the brakes, a whoosh whoosh sound happens in tandem with my brake pumping. Any clues? i have read of punto and vista safire brakes jamming at low speed/rpm, but not at idling with ac ON. No oil leaks anywhere.
Regards

Most Viewed