Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:30   #4771
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

My car completed one year today. It was an absolute pleasure to have the Punto for company. Had driven across Kerala on all types of roads and my Punto has never failed me. Best in class ride and handling, kept us comfortable on our journeys. The only grouse is the 1st and 2nd gears.

Never had any issues with A**, clutch pump was replaced under warranty when a leak was seen and power steering hose was replaced as part of the recall. Covered 16800kms till now with an overall mileage of 16.3 km/l (AC always on).

Lot of people commented that the plastic parts are not good, but nothing has come apart till now. Overall quite happy with ownership till now.
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020118.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020137.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020140.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020142.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020143.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020146.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-p1020148.jpg
nkg77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:59   #4772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
From what I understood, Delvac has better ratings than Selenia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi, the FIAT spec oil is Selenia 5W40 WR and it has served well in both our Puntos.

I use Mobil Delvac MX in some other engines [that are not too advanced] and can say that "That Oil is good".

Debates can go on w.r.t synthetic vs. semi synthetic vs mineral but end of the day, OEM guys are hardly wrong.

Also, how do you know whether an oil is good or bad? Any pointers apart from placebo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
NVH characteristics.

BTW, is Selenia transparent?
Changed to Mobil Delvac Mx 15W40 mineral oil {API CI4} from Selenia 5W40 WR {API CH4}

Will update if any difference noticed!!
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:15   #4773
BHPian

Guys, have a look at the invoice for the second free service. Note the area marked in red - the engine oil used is Castrol Professional Edge 5w40. I asked the SA why this has been used instead of Selenia and he replied saying that this is what is now used for all Fiat cars. Any comments on the quality of this??

Second query - is it normal for the accelerator pedal to feel a little lighter after second free service? I mean, I quite liked the earlier feel of the accelerator pedal with its slight heaviness, which has now gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-2nd-serv.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2012, 09:50   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19
Guys, have a look at the invoice for the second free service. Note the area marked in red - the engine oil used is Castrol Professional Edge 5w40. I asked the SA why this has been used instead of Selenia and he replied saying that this is what is now used for all Fiat cars. Any comments on the quality of this??

Second query - is it normal for the accelerator pedal to feel a little lighter after second free service? I mean, I quite liked the earlier feel of the accelerator pedal with its slight heaviness, which has now gone.
Nope, the TASS guy is taking you for a toss. Selenia is used now as well, so please escalate this to Fiat immediately. Castrol is used for quadrajets.

Regarding the second query, i did not notice any lightness in pedal however that shouldnt be an issue if the car is revving the same way it used to before the service.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:44   #4775
Senior - BHPian

In the invoice of my car's first service, no oil brand name has been mentioned.

Infact they have written - Engine Oil Diesel 4L Synthetic LOOSE !!!

Now I am sure Delvac or Selenia does not come in loose!
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:08   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
please escalate this to Fiat immediately. Castrol is used for quadrajets.
But isn't the multijet and the quadrajet the same engine? Can this Castrol synthetic oil, which the SA mentions as the same grade as Selenia, cause harm to the engine of my Punto? Please comment. I am a complete noob in these things.
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:04   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19

But isn't the multijet and the quadrajet the same engine? Can this Castrol synthetic oil, which the SA mentions as the same grade as Selenia, cause harm to the engine of my Punto? Please comment. I am a complete noob in these things.
5W40 rating means the oil is same spec as Selenia. What differs is the lifetime. Selenia is changed once in 15000 km, and TATA advises change once in 10000 km.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:12   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Just got the routine feedback call from Fiat, Italy. Feedback regarding every part of the Grande Punto and other details like satisfaction levels, mileage, and a few personal data like my age, how many cars in family, married or single etc was taken after obtaining permission! The accent of the executive was not very easy to understand, but still manageable upon very careful listening!
Nice initiative by Fiat!
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:53   #4779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Infact they have written - Engine Oil Diesel 4L Synthetic LOOSE !!!

Now I am sure Delvac or Selenia does not come in loose!
My SA mentioned that they get Engine oil in bulk packing, and not in individual packs. May be thats what they mean by 'loose'.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 16:07   #4780
BHPian

I was speaking to customer care guys to include my phone no in their database . astonishingly the lady on call , kept insisting to put my call on hold and when i refused, i was rudely told to get in touch with dealer for updating the phone no in their database. Just wondering what;s the point in having a toll free no, when for even such small things i has to go to dealer .

The most pathetic customer care in India today is of fiat from what i have experienced so far. Every time i call them for some help, i get a rude shock and not even a single time out of 4 times, my interaction with them has been fruitful . One time they went into the extend of banging down their phones 7 times in a row to avoid my calls.

My car is going for second service tomorrow , just keeping my fingers crossed. God Save FIAT. I just hope that they are looking here .
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:08   #4781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The accent of the executive was not very easy to understand, but still manageable upon very careful listening!
Nice initiative by Fiat!
That is definitely not FIAT, ITALY sir, but a call centre from the remote wild part of India!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
My SA mentioned that they get Engine oil in bulk packing, and not in individual packs. May be thats what they mean by 'loose'.
BS man, They get 4L sealed packs - I insist they give back the 0.8 litres everytime, which if unclaimed becomes LOOSE oil I guess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I was speaking to customer care guys to include my phone no in their database . astonishingly the lady on call , kept insisting to put my call on hold and when i refused, i was rudely told to get in touch with dealer for updating the phone no in their database. Just wondering what;s the point in having a toll free no, when for even such small things i has to go to dealer .

The most pathetic customer care in India today is of fiat from what i have experienced so far. Every time i call them for some help, i get a rude shock and not even a single time out of 4 times, my interaction with them has been fruitful . One time they went into the extend of banging down their phones 7 times in a row to avoid my calls.

My car is going for second service tomorrow , just keeping my fingers crossed. God Save FIAT. I just hope that they are looking here .

Thats FIAT - Another trick up their sleeve is FIAT blaming the dealer and the dealer blaming FIAT and we customers being taken for a joy ride.

The so called follow up call by the dealer "earns" them money and thats WHY THEY CALL AND FOLLOW UP - The telecaller has no CLUE how a FIAT GP even looks like

PS: No offense to any body working for the call centre industry!
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:10   #4782
Senior - BHPian

During my 1-year service, the A.S.C used 4L Selenia can for engine oil change. I had asked the A.S.C to return the unused engine oil to me, which they did. No engine oil brand was mentioned on my bill.
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:06   #4783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
That is definitely not FIAT, ITALY sir, but a call centre from the remote wild part of India!!
PS: No offense to any body working for the call centre industry!
Dear Sir, the number from which the call originated was +390289XXXX and for your info, +39 is the country code for Italy.. And being a 30 year old Indian, I can easily make out an Indian speaking english, which ever remote wild part of India he is from !!
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:57   #4784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Is that true? You mean they get Selenia synthetic oil is loose packaging instead of cans?
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:13   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Is that true? You mean they get Selenia synthetic oil is loose packaging instead of cans?
Yes I have personally seen big drums of Selenia at my service centre. I make it a point to go down to their storage place and ensure that the oil is drawn from the correct drum. But there is no way of knowing for sure if its been pilfered (sadly)!!
nkapoor777 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks