Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:56   #4786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Dear Sir, the number from which the call originated was +390289XXXX and for your info, +39 is the country code for Italy.. And being a 30 year old Indian, I can easily make out an Indian speaking english, which ever remote wild part of India he is from !!
Thanks for the information - You are indeed a valued customer for FIAT
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:47   #4787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
I was speaking to customer care guys to include my phone no in their database . astonishingly the lady on call , kept insisting to put my call on hold and when i refused, i was rudely told to get in touch with dealer for updating the phone no in their database. Just wondering what;s the point in having a toll free no, when for even such small things i has to go to dealer .

The most pathetic customer care in India today is of fiat from what i have experienced so far. Every time i call them for some help, i get a rude shock and not even a single time out of 4 times, my interaction with them has been fruitful . One time they went into the extend of banging down their phones 7 times in a row to avoid my calls.

My car is going for second service tomorrow , just keeping my fingers crossed. God Save FIAT. I just hope that they are looking here .
why were you trying yo include your phone number in their database? what exactly is this for? should we all include our phone numbers in whatever database you are talking about?
and why did u refuse your call to be put on hold?
sorry for so many questions...i'm just trying to understand the reason for your dissatisfaction.
Am i missing something?

and AFAIK each time you call the call-centre, a new executive answers and we have to explain our problem to each one of them from the beginning(the thing i hate most about any call centre).
so i was wondering how can your call be rejected 7 times on purpose.

toll free numbers such as this are best used for escalations and small things are best sorted at dealer level.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 23rd April 2012 at 23:48.
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:55   #4788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
In the invoice of my car's first service, no oil brand name has been mentioned.

Infact they have written - Engine Oil Diesel 4L Synthetic LOOSE !!!

Now I am sure Delvac or Selenia does not come in loose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

BS man, They get 4L sealed packs - I insist they give back the 0.8 litres everytime, which if unclaimed becomes LOOSE oil I guess!!!
This is not BS,Selenia is now supplied in 200L Drums.
Old 24th April 2012, 08:20   #4789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
This is not BS,Selenia is now supplied in 200L Drums.
All oils come in 4 or 5L cans, 20L cans and 210L barrels IMO. The fact is the dealer cannot bill you for LOOSE oil and if he does, one needs to verify the source!
Old 24th April 2012, 11:20   #4790
Senior - BHPian

If the oil comes from such drums, how can one verify if it is indeed Selenia?
Old 24th April 2012, 13:22   #4791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
why were you trying yo include your phone number in their database? what exactly is this for? should we all include our phone numbers in whatever database you are talking about?
The original number listed in their database against my car is not in use any more . I was just trying to update that no with mine , so that i do not miss out on any imp info .

Quote:
and why did u refuse your call to be put on hold?
Usually when ever they put a call on hold, it get disconnected after playing the music for 10 min, Than again you need to call them , repeat the whole story only to be put on hold and disconnected again. I requested the lady to Put me on mute if she desires so. If your problem is a major one ,expect your calls to be picked up and bang down straight way with in 1 second ( one can Hear the people laughing in background in that split second). it Has happened with me once before and same is logged in this very thread some 10-12 pages back. I tried to call them 5-6 times at that occasion .

Quote:
and AFAIK each time you call the call-centre, a new executive answers and we have to explain our problem to each one of them from the beginning(the thing i hate most about any call centre).
so i was wondering how can your call be rejected 7 times on purpose.

toll free numbers such as this are best used for escalations and small things are best sorted at dealer level.
Hemanth , each agent in call center has a phone with caller id. They can easily identify the incoming call if one is calling from same no and IMO FIAT has Only 10-20 agents in their so called call center as my call has landed previously with same person at least 2 times . So it;s easy for Agent to shout to all agents "don;t pick call form a particular no or just bang down". quite possible that each time, call was going to same person.

Another tactics used by agent is to change their names to maintain uniqueness .
Old 24th April 2012, 13:34   #4792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
The original number listed in their database against my car is not in use any more ..
All the best with it...I can understand one's feelings when something like this happens.

Anyways, if I'm right your car in the service centre today...wish its done to your satidfaction. Will be looking forward to your experience there.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:40   #4793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Hi everyone,

My source in Fiat India informed me, that a Punto 90 HP is going to the launched in the first week of may with some interior changes. he informed me that the changes will be minor and "no engine changes are to be expected". Also these changes are limited to the 90 HP model only and the rest of the fleet will not be touched. Although he did not specify the areas where the changes will be made, i guess Punto 90HP will wear the Linea dashboard colors. anyone thinking of going for the 90 HP can have a look at the car first and then decide. Does anyone has any news related to this matter???
BHP'ian nishantgandhi has also mentioned about this in the T-JET thread. Refreshed T-JET and Punto 90HP will be relaunched within 2 weeks.

I hope it wont cause a heartbreak to new 90HP owners like me. But yes, changes are always welcome - if they can somehow manage better sales! And get that glovebox to close properly, FIAT!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 13:48   #4794
BHPian

Quote:
All the best with it...I can understand one's feelings when something like this happens.

Anyways, if I'm right your car in the service centre today...wish its done to your satidfaction. Will be looking forward to your experience there.
Thanks for the wishes. today my Punto has completed exactly One year of service to my Parents. They are Very happy with everything in car. .It;s just the after sales support which needs a Major Over Haul or rather a complete Shake up from roots .

Just renewing the insurance as well with future generali today

Has booked a Second service appointment with cargo for tomorrow . Already i have downloaded bills of at least 5 people from ownership threads for reference purpose, since i am more than sure that cargo guys will try to make a fast buck from me. Keeping Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Some how i always feel nervous when car goes for service
Old 24th April 2012, 18:31   #4795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Just renewing the insurance as well with future generali today

Has booked a Second service appointment with cargo for tomorrow .
re-quoting my own post. insurance renewed with bharti - axa with comprehensive cover for 15162 Rs. Future generali guys were acting too pricey for some strange reasons, so ditched them straightway.

sending the car for 2nd free service to kosmo motors tomorrow . Bye Bye cargo, you lost a customer with your lackluster attitude.
Old 24th April 2012, 19:54   #4796

Somebody kindly advise on the tyres. I have a 1.4E+ and have done 14k in the last 1.5 years. I am still on the stock 195/60 R15 Goodyear GT3 88T tyres. I had never really paid a lot of attention to the tyres thus far, but just noticed today that the treads on the front left tyre are kind of showing some wear and tear. Though it is not anywhere near replaceable levels, I just want to know from fellow punto owners on what's the average life span for the stock tyres.

Just for information, my daily run is around 22 kms, of which 16km is on highway, and driving style is not very sporty. I take care of the RPMs to be in the 2k-2.5k range, driving at around 80-90 kph.
Old 24th April 2012, 20:05   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Yes I have personally seen big drums of Selenia at my service centre. I make it a point to go down to their storage place and ensure that the oil is drawn from the correct drum. But there is no way of knowing for sure if its been pilfered (sadly)!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
If the oil comes from such drums, how can one verify if it is indeed Selenia?
Yupp raj_5004, that's the million dollar question!! One can never be sure of this. And on top of it, we can't get Selenia (1 or 4-5 ltrs) from outside vendors AFAIK.
Old 25th April 2012, 07:31   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Yupp raj_5004, that's the million dollar question!! One can never be sure of this. And on top of it, we can't get Selenia (1 or 4-5 ltrs) from outside vendors AFAIK.
Go and check the drum while they take the oil required!!!
Old 25th April 2012, 08:16   #4799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Go and check the drum while they take the oil required!!!
That's what I do religiously (see my previous post). But what stops them from filling up a Selenia drum with any other el-cheapo oil? Its not like it comes in tamper-proof packaging :-)
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 10:35   #4800
Senior - BHPian

All barrels are sealed at factory - if they are open, then they are certainly suspect!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks