Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:32   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes I saw this in ACI issue of July. I dont know whether the figures are right or not, but what is surprising is that Fiat has published these in their website.
Can you please post the link where fiat has published these figures?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:00   #497
BHPian

nurni76

I am yet to test drive the Punto,but driven a linea 1.4 and never felt underpowered.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:03   #498
BHPian

First in place thanks for Team-BHP for such a nice forum. I have gained lotsa knowledge and I am suggesting good cars for people, where I was zero about automobiles around 2 yrs back.
This is my first post in Team BHP more than a yearlong after registering....

I have convinced one of my friends to go for GP and he has already booked it in Concorde motors, Bangalore.

Around a year back he was about to buy a Getz I made him to wait for i20 which was a flop and I have asked him to wait for GP/Jazz. Now he is Happy for booking a Emotion Pack MultiJet GP (Red). Thanks again for TeamBHP and GTO's review that made him to book it the next day after his review was published.

Also I introduced him to TeamBHP, his registration is having some problem so I am registering on behalf of him.

Now I need some help from you guys, for which the Fiat showroom guy dint have any answer.

1. Blue and me, Eco drive (Concode rep. doesn’t even know what this is, they have shown us just the phone demo) I need to know whether this is supported in India or not? Have any one tried this?
2. Speakers - The stock speaker is not that good, its average. My friend is expecting a decent sound with good beats; Can anyone suggest a good config?
3. No car cover, Foot mat and boot mat - It seems that there are no accessories yet, Have any got these things?

One funny things which I heard from the showroom guy is, he is suggesting to completely change the music system and alloys and he gave a bill for 60K(40K for music and 20K for alloys). Is it worth to go for it?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:06   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
nurni76

I am yet to test drive the Punto,but driven a linea 1.4 and never felt underpowered.
Good that you liked Lineas performance. I havent driven the Linea so can't comment.

All I am saying is performance is relative. In comparison to the Ritz and Jazz, performance of Punto Petrol was poor.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:58   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
One funny things which I heard from the showroom guy is, he is suggesting to completely change the music system and alloys and he gave a bill for 60K(40K for music and 20K for alloys). Is it worth to go for it?
No, sounds too high to me. And if that's the plan, you might as well go for Emotion variant instead of E Pack. I still think that 60k too high.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:13   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Can you please post the link where fiat has published these figures?
I dont know of the link. I was responding to the post by parimal_g that he got the figures from Punto website.

Originally Posted by parimal_g
Just checked the Autocar Figures (Source Punto Website)
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:33   #502
BHPian

It's probably in the reviews section.
The timings are off, am quite sure about that...
Someone said he preferred the jazz/ritz over the punto; I'd suggest you get another test drive. Having driven all three I felt the punto was the most performance oriented.
Tc.

ps- Punto owners could give thr views on the 0-100 timings; i'm yet to get mine.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:54   #503
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
GTO/ Admins
We should have a process to avoid slanders to keep up the quality of TEAM-BHP.
We intend to release a minimum / maximum legroom statistic for each car soon. However, even with the front seat set for an average Indian male height of 5'9", the rear space was not in the league of the Indica, Indica Vista or Getz. I have a feeling even the old Palio is more spacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Just checked the Autocar Figures (Source Punto Website)

Punto D 17.84 Sec
Punto P 16.58 Sec and top speed of 144Km/Hr
C'mon guys, ACI has clearly mentioned that the actual timings will come from their full road test (upcoming issue). Wait until then for a clearer picture. In the meanwhile:

Punto 1.4 power to weight ratio : 78 BHP / Ton
Swift 1.3 VXi : 87 BHP / Ton.

The Swift does the 0 - 100 in 12.29 according to ACI. I'd say their GP petrol figures will be in the low 14's.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:07   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
my impression of Fiat being an enthusiast's car has somewhat changed now
Good that Its making your impression changed. Thats what Fiat needs, That's how it should be for them. That impression of Fiat being enthusiats car was a death knell on Fiat for almost 3-4 years to the brink of almost getting wiped away from India. Enthusiasts can better wait OR go for Palio 1.6 GTX (to Fiat's credit they've not stopped it though its not logical to continue it with minimal numbers - check GTO monthly sales reviews).

And BTW, all those 0-100 km/h timing figures seems to be crap. As opendro pointed out - how can 40-100 kmph timing be more than 0-100 kmph timing?
Check those people TD report who have done extensive TD. check GTO's TD report & subsequent posts that driveability is very good. Do not forget Jazz will lose steam at higher speed on highways (with addition of Body rolls etc), Punto won't.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:23   #505
BANNED

In TD & Initial Ownership forum, out of 1st 10 threads, 8 are Linea or Punto !!
Out of the entire 1st page there, almost 70% threads are Punto or Linea!!!
Good Going Fiat, atleast on T-BHP---- until Heart wins over Mind in terms of total Sales Charts Pan-India
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:24   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
As opendro pointed out - how can 40-100 kmph timing be more than 0-100 kmph timing?
why not? 40-100 is in-gear acceleration (4th gear?) timing unlike 0-100 which is outright acceleration using 1st,2nd,3rd,4th gears
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:26   #507
BHPian

[One funny things which I heard from the showroom guy is, he is suggesting to completely change the music system and alloys and he gave a bill for 60K(40K for music and 20K for alloys). Is it worth to go for it?[/quote]

That will be a blunder ......

One suggestion to all BHPians - please avoid changing the original alloys, unless you are going for some reputed brand like Momo, BBS, Lenso & Aura. BTW, the original alloys are best suited to the car & offer optimum performance.
Most of the alloys available in the market are not good enough as they use sub-standard metal & are also not certified. Also, few car showrooms sell them at much higher prices to make extra money.

As far as the music system is concerned, I think changing the speakers will do the job!
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:28   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
No, sounds too high to me. And if that's the plan, you might as well go for Emotion variant instead of E Pack. I still think that 60k too high.
That's a nice idea, but i need Blu&Me which i don't get in Emotion
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:31   #509
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
why not? 40-100 is in-gear acceleration (4th gear?) timing unlike 0-100 which is outright acceleration using 1st,2nd,3rd,4th gears
I doubt. As nothing is mentioned in that post for 40-100 whether in 4th or 5th gear or any specific gear
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:42   #510
BHPian

Well got inspired and called a punto for a test drive, My benchmark for assesing the car was Vista quadrajet and wow!!car has some features but that's it.
the same heart. 1.3 Ltr multijet.
the cosmetics borrowed from Lenia but with bad quality.
the car is low (made me feel like I was sitting in an Esteem) and car has the biggest dash board panel for a small car almost too big for the size of the car.
Nose is way to long for my liking.
Not at all comfertable in the back and will be difficult to fit in three person. this may vary person to person since I am 6 feet 2 inches tall so you know what I am talking about.

This car is not for me for sure keeping in view all the problems with fiat cars and price is way to high( I wonder if tata had something to do with it)

Ok this is the car for punto enthusists but it is not VFM CAR. I would rather go with Vista or Even Palio but no Swift (hate waiting lines).

Sorry I have not gone thru the posts above in detail so excuse me for being off topic or if I have offened any punto fan.
msharma_79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks