Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 14:57   #5086
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I just paid 8L for my 90 HP. I'd say it's totally worth it.
Hey Congrats for the New Punto, Can yo please tell us its 90HP or 90 HP Sports ,also want to know how is Interior quality. If its new can you tell us if it has chrome on the AC Vent, as i saw the same in one video.
Old 5th July 2012, 17:02   #5087
BHPian

Thanks. It's a 90HP, not the sports model.
The AC vents do not have any chrome, might be the case with the Sports model.
Old 5th July 2012, 21:56   #5088
BHPian

I am on the verge of cancelling my booking. My car has arrived and it has irregular gaps on the rear doors. I asked them for another car but they said they will fix it and show me yesterday after doing PDI. I called them yesterday and today and its not been done. And I didn't like the attitude of the guys at Mohandas Motors regarding the issue, at one point one of them said they were busy with other cars ! so could not do PDI.

I talked to the executive and he apologized and said the service centre guy who spoke with me is not that educated and hence his rude replies. If I am getting this much **** when buying a car, I can't imagine taking it to service there.

The other option for Punto is Kulathunkal which by many accounts is worse.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:13   #5089
BHPian

Calm down. It's a standard Fiat buying experience and it's common knowledge that it's not fun. In fact, it's terrible. I almost cancelled my booking and yelled at the SE and then escalated higher up. PDI and delivery were heartbreaking too. Service isn't best in class either.
However, every cloud has a silver lining. In this case, the Punto is a hoot to drive. It will completely possess you with it's brilliant handling. You will look forward to those sharp turns and smile at others who need to slow down/ up shift or use brakes. No body roll whatsoever.
Once the engine starts roaring, nothing else will matter.
Having said that, it will also set the tone of the ownership experience. Fiat has it's shares of small niggles. It's not for the faint hearted. But it gives more than it taketh away.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 5th July 2012 at 22:15.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 22:25   #5090
BHPian

For some reason, my buying experience and the after sales experience too have been first class. In fact, the break down service offered was especially good. And the car,,, I love it..

Probably the love for the underdog, but the car sure deserves a bit more..
Old 5th July 2012, 22:45   #5091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I am on the verge of cancelling my booking. My car has arrived and it has irregular gaps on the rear doors. I asked them for another car but they said they will fix it and show me yesterday after doing PDI. I called them yesterday and today and its not been done. And I didn't like the attitude of the guys at Mohandas Motors regarding the issue, at one point one of them said they were busy with other cars ! so could not do PDI.

I talked to the executive and he apologized and said the service centre guy who spoke with me is not that educated and hence his rude replies. If I am getting this much **** when buying a car, I can't imagine taking it to service there.

The other option for Punto is Kulathunkal which by many accounts is worse.
Mohandas was good when it was new and now it has also started showing the real 'dealer' attitude. But from my experience, Kulathunkal is better, especially if you have inside contacts. PM me if you don't have any contacts inside.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:55   #5092
Senior - BHPian

@quadbike - All the current generation cars of Fiat do have uneven panel gaps here and there. This is there from day one. But, it can be fixed. See that if that is minor one and can be fixed. Even if you get a new car, it may also have same or any other uneven panel gaps as well.

Purely, my opinion though.

But, once you start driving the car, you will have no regrets and will forget about all small niggles it has.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 19:01   #5093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Did the PDI of the Punto in Trivandrum (Mohan Das Motors) and found everything in order.

Model: FIAT Punto 1.3 MJD.
Variant - Emotion
Color - Oceanic Blue.

Final on road price - 768,819 - 8000 (Corporate Discount) = 760,819. To be registered in Kollam.

Freebies.

1) Mud Flaps
2) Carpets
3) Seat Covers (Art Leather)
4) Underbody coating 3M - Five years. Opted this instead of the Teflon Coating.
5) Reverse Parking Sensors
6) Extended Warranty

Delivery expected on Thursday.
Another day at Mohandas Motors another problem.

Now I was quoted the same price as you OTR. I opted for a non premium color in exotica red and asked for 6000 rupees discount from the price you got (and they quoted me) as its non premium. They agreed to it then now when I went to pay the money I realised that they didn't subtract the 6000.

My executive said your car must have been a BND(Bought but not Delivered) vehicle and additional discount for that. I didn't believe the executive I said you are a bhpian and that he can't fool you like that.

I am going to raise hell in there on monday if I am not availed that discount.

The Panel Gaps were fixed and the car went for registration today. We are taking delivery on Monday.

Last edited by quadbike : 7th July 2012 at 19:03.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:40   #5094
Senior - BHPian

I doubt they would give you a cash discount..

They would give you the money worth accessories foc..but you are right in asking for a cash discount.

Most dealers in India DO NOT GIVE any cash discount IMO
Old 7th July 2012, 19:55   #5095
BHPian

I am not asking for a cash discount. Let me explain the initial quote I got and one nkrishna got for his premium colour Punto Emoticon were the same.

I however didn't like the blue and opted for Exotica Red, which is a non premium colour and according to FIAT costs 6000 rupess less. I just want that reflected on my OTR price compared to what nkrishna got.

I went to register the car today with folks from the dealership as I wanted to make sure the panel gaps have been rectified. Took two snaps I apologize for the average quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1.jpg  

Last edited by quadbike : 7th July 2012 at 20:01.
Old 7th July 2012, 20:55   #5096
Senior - BHPian

Exotica red is more expensive..
But I'm not too sure.

Last edited by headers : 7th July 2012 at 20:56.
Old 7th July 2012, 21:47   #5097
BHPian

Exotica Red is listed under popular shades in the FIAT website and it says additional charges for Premium colours applicable.
quadbike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 00:33   #5098
BHPian

I just purchased an OB Punto and I can tell you about the color scheme of Fiat. Only White and Red are treated as Popular colors and all others are categorized as premium colors. For a Punto, it would cost you an additional Rs. 5,000 if you choose to go with a premium color.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 22:15   #5099
Team-BHP Support

Anyone had issues with warranty after upgrading the stock HU? Does FIAT enforce this warranty thing as strictly as VW and other Europeans?
Old 13th July 2012, 22:19   #5100
Senior - BHPian

I wish to post the photo of this beautiful looking 2-door Grande Punto for Punto lovers.
(pic courtsey : Wikipedia)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_front.jpg  

carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks