Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:22   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
How can 40-100Km/h be longer than 0-100Km/h?
40-100kmph is in 4th gear while 0-100kmph is through the gears. For many cars, 40-100kmph in 4th gear is slower than 0-100kmph dash through the gears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We intend to release a minimum / maximum legroom statistic for each car soon. However, even with the front seat set for an average Indian male height of 5'9", the rear space was not in the league of the Indica, Indica Vista or Getz. I have a feeling even the old Palio is more spacious.
GTO, having wondered and tried to figure out this puzzle over years, my conclusion is as follows:

Total Legroom is what matters.
Objective Measurement:
Total Legroom = Rear(min) + Front(max) = Rear(max) + Front(min)

Subjective caveat:
Due to shape of dashboard, position/angle of steering wheel and pedals on floor etc, it may necessitate some additional space in front for a comfortable driving position in some cars. This delta will be case-by-case for a vehicle.

It would be good if we have the "Total Legroom measurement" and also "Comfortable Driver Legroom" for the person measuring this for a car (unfortunately, if its not the same person doing it for all cars, then the relativity is lost across cars).

Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 2nd July 2009 at 15:32.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:26   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
40-100kmph is in 4th gear while 0-100kmph is through the gears. For many cars, 40-100kmph in 4th gear is slower than 0-100kmph dash through the gears!
Its for people who dont want to downshift and zoom !!
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:33   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I doubt. As nothing is mentioned in that post for 40-100 whether in 4th or 5th gear or any specific gear
http://www.fiatpunto.in/downloads/autocar_240609.pdf

This clearly mentions that 40-100 is in 4th gear
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:41   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Good that Its making your impression changed. Thats what Fiat needs, That's how it should be for them. That impression of Fiat being enthusiats car was a death knell on Fiat for almost 3-4 years to the brink of almost getting wiped away from India. Enthusiasts can better wait OR go for Palio 1.6 GTX (to Fiat's credit they've not stopped it though its not logical to continue it with minimal numbers - check GTO monthly sales reviews).

And BTW, all those 0-100 km/h timing figures seems to be crap. As opendro pointed out - how can 40-100 kmph timing be more than 0-100 kmph timing?
Check those people TD report who have done extensive TD. check GTO's TD report & subsequent posts that driveability is very good. Do not forget Jazz will lose steam at higher speed on highways (with addition of Body rolls etc), Punto won't.
40-100kmph reported is thein gear acceleration time in 4th gear which is 19.58 s. It can be more than 0-100kmph as that will involve spirited driving by making best use of throttle and gear combinations, while 40-100 kmph is in the 4th gear which means you need to get to 4th gear at 40Kmph and then accelerate to 100 in the same gear
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:09   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post

This car is not for me for sure keeping in view all the problems with fiat cars and price is way to high( I wonder if tata had something to do with it)
Well you are entilted to your views about the Punto....but its certainly NOT overpriced. You're getting a lot of car for that money (don't take it the Indica way i.e. space). The build quality, features, styling, ride & handling, engine - all have a cost attached to it & you're getting a good mix of all this & such a fantastic balance is felt wanting in many other cars.

However, if it is space your looking for, there's nobody equalling the Indica Vista. Also, Punto is a world class car & a proven one. We are still not over with niggling problems of Tata cars including Vista.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:31   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
40-100kmph reported is thein gear acceleration time in 4th gear which is 19.58 s. It can be more than 0-100kmph as that will involve spirited driving by making best use of throttle and gear combinations, while 40-100 kmph is in the 4th gear which means you need to get to 4th gear at 40Kmph and then accelerate to 100 in the same gear
Ok, with these in-gear details specified, it now stands clear. Else without these specific details, anyone was throwing anything
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:35   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
http://www.fiatpunto.in/downloads/autocar_240609.pdf

This clearly mentions that 40-100 is in 4th gear
Yes, with "in-gear" thingy speficied, it stands clarified (have already posted it above). the post from where this got started does not mention anything
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:36   #518
BHPian

Palio MJD and Punto MJD comparo anyone?
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:27   #519
BANNED

Is the car in snap no:12 (*kept us company) is Fiat-500? Has it been launched in India?
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:40   #520
BHPian

Fiat 500 is already launched in india.for more details check fiatindia website.
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:46   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
Is the car in snap no:12 (*kept us company) is Fiat-500? Has it been launched in India?
fiat 500 is launched in india
Fiat India
but with a meager diesel engine and that too priced at 15 lacs
Oh what i'd give for the fiat 500 to have a 120bhp turbo petrol
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:50   #522
BHPian

What do the controls in this picture do?
I tried them while taking the test drive,all i heard was beep-beep when i pressed the + and - keys
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_interior_dsc02693_th.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2009, 00:50   #523
BHPian

The menu button: You can cycle through the whole settings (using + and -)
This will have a variety of options like setting units, service reminder, speed limuit setting etc.
+/- buttons: used for controlling the brightness of light in the dash.
Next set is to adjust headlight beam (depending on load, you might want to change the angle)
Last set is for front and rear fog lamps.

All the trip functions (distance,mileage,svg.speed,range etc) are present on the right stalk of the steering.

All these gizmos (along with Blue and me) will give you a feel, that you are driving a VERY modern car.

Last edited by neotraveller : 3rd July 2009 at 00:52.
Old 3rd July 2009, 01:49   #524
BHPian

Thanks neo. That's a great explanation.
Can't wait to get my new ride!
You can actually dim the cabin lights ?
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:27   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Well you are entilted to your views about the Punto....but its certainly NOT overpriced. You're getting a lot of car for that money (don't take it the Indica way i.e. space). The build quality, features, styling, ride & handling, engine - all have a cost attached to it & you're getting a good mix of all this & such a fantastic balance is felt wanting in many other cars.

However, if it is space your looking for, there's nobody equalling the Indica Vista. Also, Punto is a world class car & a proven one. We are still not over with niggling problems of Tata cars including Vista.

Ok First thing first the punto your getting in India is not the same punto famous world over..
Secondly the product placement is a key thing before you launch any product. think about it the tata and fiat have jointly launched 4 multijet ( Including lenia) engine cars. Palio: cheaper than Vista and has basically very few taker because the lack of trust of the customer on after sales service of "tata for fiat."
Second car is Vista : which a mainstay for today and future of tata.they would nor allow fiat to launch a car which can add competition to Vista.
third is the punto; which is feature loaded car with a legacy behind it but constraint by the indian market and ofcourse by the business partner to sell in a already competition heavy market...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks