Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 09:14   #5251
Senior - BHPian

No wonder I have not read anything good regarding the 90HP Petrol Punto while it is here since long time.
I am wondering as to how 1.2 Punto Petrol fare when 1.4 is reported as sluggish.
Secondly, when I bought T-Jet, the used car dealer from whom I had bought and sold all my previous cars, was laughing at my decision (he wasn't aware about the T-Jet) and informed me that Petrol Linea struggles to pick-up even in 1st gear, I thought he is exaggerating but now I understand that he was not completely wrong. If 90HP Punto is reported sluggish, I wonder about Linea Petrol.
Not to mention when I made the above mentioned dealer drive the T-Jet his perception changed completely (as usual) and he was in all praises for Linea again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Performance of the petrol version is nothing to write home about.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:27   #5252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
First site I opened was Prerna Motors, Lalbagh. Found a number of Mr. Karthik there and called him.
Sounds like the same chap who accompanied me and another 'yet to be' team bhpian. Prerana is brilliant. When I had to assist this 'yet to be' for his T Jet pre delivery inspection, Prerana came all they from Lalbagh to Cox Town to pick me up and then drive me all the way to their stock yard close to Nelamangala. They even let me drive their test drive multijet punto diesel all the way and back. I had a ball with that car.

At the stock yard, every thing was leagues ahead of my KHT Motors experience. They had a clean covered bay area to inspect the car so the pre delivery inspection could be done comfortably. They let us take our time with the inspection and in fact let us drive the unregistered car within the stock yard premises. We ran out of gas though:-). The elderly gentleman who manages the stock yard (who drives all the way from cox town everyday to work in nelamangala) took down all issues that need to be corrected and to my knowledge, everything was addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
[*]I was expecting the stock music system to be absolute crap. I had even charted my Stage-I upgrade plan with the help of T-Bhp'ian and friend
Could you please elaborate on what your version of Stage 1 means? Is this only a speaker upgrade with the stock head unit? Do let me know how this goes when you do it.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th August 2012 at 11:04. Reason: posts merged
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 11:14   #5253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan

Sounds like the same chap who accompanied me and another 'yet to be' team bhpian. Prerana is brilliant. When I had to assist this 'yet to be' for his hey let us take our time with the inspection
These people never cease to amaze me. I was stuck with work last couple of days and just didn't get time to check if prerna sent me the quote and start following up. Thanks to my past experiences at fiat showrooms I was prepared to call a few dozen times, but it was not to be.
Today morning I woke up to karthik's call confirming my email address, by the time I put the phone down it was in my inbox.
10 mins later I get a feedback call from tata asking me for my experience and repeating the questions from the form I had filled after the td.
15 mins after that another call from prerna asking me if I was happy with the td and when I would want to buy the car.

This from a dealership which sent the car from lalbagh to cv Raman nagar, not a short drive, for the td.

As of now I am really pleasantly surprised by the response and experience with them. Never in my life did I expect this, especially from a tata/fiat dealership and the company.

Last edited by sammyboy : 30th August 2012 at 11:18.
sammyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 12:19   #5254
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Could you please elaborate on what your version of Stage 1 means? Is this only a speaker upgrade with the stock head unit? Do let me know how this goes when you do it.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
By stage-1, i meant - Stock HU, 4 channel amplifier, component speakers upfront and co-axials at the rear.

BUT - below is the final setup. ICE section does that to you.

1. Stock Delphi HU.
2. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems MF 6.2 Components front.
3. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems FB 6 Co-ax rear.
4. DLS XProgram XA-40 4 channel amplifier.
5. JBL GTO 804 8 inch subwoofer.

Details present in the below thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...raris-ice.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 12:34   #5255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
At the stock yard, every thing was leagues ahead of my KHT Motors experience. They had a clean covered bay area to inspect the car so the pre delivery inspection could be done comfortably. They let us take our time with the inspection and in fact let us drive the unregistered car within the stock yard premises. We ran out of gas though:-). The elderly gentleman who manages the stock yard (who drives all the way from cox town everyday to work in nelamangala) took down all issues that need to be corrected and to my knowledge, everything was addressed.
The person who manages the Stockyard is Mr. Prabhakar who daily shuttles between Cox Town and the Yard is very helpful. Will be soon heading there for a PDI of my friend's Tjet +.

By the way the yard is quite big, only grouse is the approach road to the yard.
Old 1st September 2012, 22:28   #5256
BHPian

found some useful video here - Racing driver Vicki Butler-Henderson showcases her sleek skills as she coaches four drivers in Real World Driving School series
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored...r-driving.html
aditya116 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:52   #5257
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if this is posted here earlier, but I found the AUX cable for punto's OE music system!
It cost me 450rs. It has a connector which plugs to the back of the head unit and a 3.5mm male connector on the other end to connect to our mp3 player/phone.
Mine is a 2010 car with Delphi system. I checked another 2009 Punto with Blaupunkt system and it works like a gem on both the systems.
We just need to check if 'AUX' is displayed when we press the 'CD' button on th HU. If the answer is yes, then this cable should work

This is the shop...
Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_185607.png
Views: 5094
Size:  300.7 KB

...and this is the cable
Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_190036.png
Views: 26563
Size:  314.4 KB

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 2nd September 2012 at 18:54.
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:08   #5258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
I don't know if this is posted here earlier, but I found the AUX cable for punto's OE music system!
Nice! I was looking to add a USB/auxiliary cable to my Linea's stock head unit. Mine's the Emotion variant with the Delphi system. Will it work with mine? And can this cable be directed into the glovebox?
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:28   #5259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77

Nice! I was looking to add a USB/auxiliary cable to my Linea's stock head unit. Mine's the Emotion variant with the Delphi system. Will it work with mine? And can this cable be directed into the glovebox?
Mine is also a 2010 Emotion variant with Delphi system.

As I mentioned earlier, check if the HU displays 'AUX' when the 'CD' button is pressed. If yes, it'll work.

It CAN be directed to the glovebox.

I preferred it to be directed through the small storage area below the HU on the centre console just ahead of the cup holder because that's where I usually keep my phone
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:09   #5260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Mine is also a 2010 Emotion variant with Delphi system.

As I mentioned earlier, check if the HU displays 'AUX' when the 'CD' button is pressed. If yes, it'll work.

It CAN be directed to the glovebox.

I preferred it to be directed through the small storage area below the HU on the centre console just ahead of the cup holder because that's where I usually keep my phone

wonderful Hemanth, mine is a 2011 Sep model and I dont see an Aux displayed when i press the CD player. Aux is something I terribly miss in the Punto. Stupid OEM HU doesnt play Audio through Blue tooth pairing.

Is there any workaround.
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:52   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
It must not be the dash, check the front seat rails area
I had once got a rattle and it was the rear seat not sitting proper on its lock. I mean the bench seat. This appeared to be noise coming from the left front area, but was otherwise!
Thanks headers
Thoroughly checked the rails. Could not find any rattles/issue there.
Noise is like trak…trak… one plastic part touching/rubbing against another.

I can feel it coming somewhere from middle to right of the dash, can be heard clearly during first 5-7 minutes of drive & then it tends to vanish or can be heard only if music system is turned off.
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:04   #5262
BHPian

Guys, i got my Punto back from 5000 KM check-up few days back. i was about to go on a long trip last Friday and in filling station I noticed that my car carpets are soaked. I took the car again to VST motors, Ponamalle for check-up the guys over there said there is some dust in the A/C hose and they have cleared it.

After reaching home I dried the carpet completely and after using the car over the weekend I see that the carpet under the front left seat still gets soaked. The water is not completely getting drained through the A/C hose.

Have anyone gone through this issue with your Punto? I really hate these guys at VST and I just wanted to know whether TAFE Reach is providing good service?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:34   #5263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Guys, i got my Punto back from 5000 KM check-up few days back. i was about to go on a long trip last Friday and in filling station I noticed that my car carpets are soaked. I took the car again to VST motors, Ponamalle for check-up the guys over there said there is some dust in the A/C hose and they have cleared it.

After reaching home I dried the carpet completely and after using the car over the weekend I see that the carpet under the front left seat still gets soaked. The water is not completely getting drained through the A/C hose.

Have anyone gone through this issue with your Punto? I really hate these guys at VST and I just wanted to know whether TAFE Reach is providing good service?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Please get the AC drain pipe check which seems to be the culprit. Get it fixed permanently.

So this implies one more trip to the A.S.S
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:08   #5264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Please get the AC drain pipe check which seems to be the culprit. Get it fixed permanently.

So this implies one more trip to the A.S.S
Yes, i will ask them to check the A/C drain pipe. I'm getting really frustrated with TATA A.S.S and to a certain extent the quality of Fiat. It's like I'm visiting the T.A.S.S almost twice a month. Hope to fix this problem.
Old 4th September 2012, 01:48   #5265
Senior - BHPian

Fiat punto 2013

Slightly

Can't resist sharing!

Watch exactly from 1:50 onwards. That Black T-Jet is taking away my sleep

Enjoy!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks