Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 12:35   #5311
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

There was a news of the 2012 Punto getting Auto head lamps & wipers, and that too standard on all variants right? Hasn't it been available yet? Can't recollect it.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:00   #5312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
There was a news of the 2012 Punto getting Auto head lamps & wipers, and that too standard on all variants right? Hasn't it been available yet? Can't recollect it.
They have launch 2012 Linea with these features, but sadly these features are not available on Punto.
parimal_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 13:36   #5313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi Sammboy,
I dont have an ownership thread, will write a small review and few Pics for your reference.
Parimal, thanks so much for taking out time to document the ownership and posting the pics of your beauty. These are the first proper pics i am seeing of the Sport and it really looks awesome.

I have been given a quote of about 8.8 OTR Bangalore , which i think is pretty high. WIll speak to them and negotiate some more today or tomorrow.
By the way, time to add that to your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
You should get sufficient information from this thread - Also there are lot of ownership reports of 90HP in teamfiat<dot>co<dot>in
THanks man, I have gone through all threads available on the Punto. I was just looking for Punto Sport reviews specifically as there are none yet in the forum, apart from the one which Parimal has posted. Will check TF site too Thanks for that, just didnt remember that one.

Last edited by sammyboy : 14th September 2012 at 13:39.
Old 14th September 2012, 18:25   #5314
BHPian

Regarding the price even I was quoted 8.87 L where then he offered me 11 k discount and I did insurance from outside which saved Rs 8.5k as there was no offer on insurance.Insurance am having is HDFC And I got a coupon of 23.7 k from chroma. But check with Karthik he is getting good offer if you can combine your booking expect more discounts.:-)

Last edited by parimal_g : 14th September 2012 at 18:27.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 17:45   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I found that the engine coolant level in my car is quite a bit below the 'MIN' mark. The temperature guage, though, stays at the half-way mark during my short trips (~7km). When I talked to the SA on phone, he told me that I can top it up with water, using a cloth for filtering. I thought of using filtered water from our Aquaguard system, but had second thoughts when I saw the manual mentioning 'demineralized water'. Should I get distilled water from somewhere or is filtered water OK?
Please purchase PARAFLU coolant concentrate as per FIAT manual and mix in the ratio mentioned in the coolant can label and top it up. Mix it with distilled water (easily available in petrol pumps) and keep it handy. Once topped look for level stability. If you feel there is a reduction talk the TASS guys to inspect the linings.
Old 15th September 2012, 20:45   #5316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Parimal, thanks so much for taking out time to document the ownership and posting the pics of your beauty. These are the first proper pics i am seeing of the Sport and it really looks awesome.

I have been given a quote of about 8.8 OTR Bangalore , which i think is pretty high. WIll speak to them and negotiate some more today or tomorrow.
By the way, time to add that to your signature.
It should be much lesser than that. It should be like the quote I had PM'ed you about. This month, insurance is free + RSA is free and exchange bonus is around 15k. Your quote should be around 8.65K or so with the non-absolute scheme, if you take the insurance with them. It is future generali insurance there by the way.

Quote:
THanks man, I have gone through all threads available on the Punto. I was just looking for Punto Sport reviews specifically as there are none yet in the forum, apart from the one which Parimal has posted. Will check TF site too Thanks for that, just didnt remember that one.
Punto Sport reviews are non-existent at the moment. There isn't much to differentiate between the Sport and the earlier Emotion 90HP, apart from the costmetic add-ons like the pedals and decals, so we can use the 90HP threads for reference I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
But check with Karthik he is getting good offer if you can combine your booking expect more discounts.:-)
Ahoy there , I'm just back from Prerana motors after doing the booking for a Red Punto Sports (will be posting this soon in my what car? query thread). I went to the yard, and picked up one among the 3 available red punto sports, then finished an elaborate PDI too! I've made the token advance and reserved the car for myself; will be picking it up sometime around this month end or next month.

@Sammyboy, hurry up, offer open till stocks last! There were 2 more reds and 1 white, apart from mine at Prerana's stockyard.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th September 2012 at 20:47.
Old 15th September 2012, 21:08   #5317
BANNED

Some pics of BHPian sidindica's brand new 2012 punto dynamic.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01329.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01330.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01325.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01331.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01340.jpg
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 22:59   #5318
BHPian

The car looks stunning! Brilliant pics too.

Which version is this? Has a new thread been put up for it? I sure want to read it.
Old 15th September 2012, 23:59   #5319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Some pics of BHPian sidindica's brand new 2012 punto dynamic.
Waiting for Sidindica's poetic thread on this car. I recollect that he had a white one earlier. Once a FIATian always a FIATian, Eh?
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 00:22   #5320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Waiting for Sidindica's poetic thread on this car. I recollect that he had a white one earlier. Once a FIATian always a FIATian, Eh?
Yes he had white one earlier unfortunately lost in an accident, wheel caps looks very nice, wish they have alloys of the same pattern. yes and Fiat has magic, its always a heart decision, its like love is blind. And am loving my Grande..
The driving experience is magical, the car just feels extension of your body.
Old 16th September 2012, 11:05   #5321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g

Yes he had white one earlier unfortunately lost in an accident, wheel caps looks very nice, wish they have alloys of the same pattern. yes and Fiat has magic, its always a heart decision, its like love is blind. And am loving my Grande..
The driving experience is magical, the car just feels extension of your body.
They are not wheel caps, mate, they are 16" alloy wheels of the T-Jet Plus, if am not wrong!

EDIT: Just noticed that they are wheel caps. Did not know that FIAT has wheels caps in this design.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 16th September 2012 at 11:07.
Old 16th September 2012, 11:26   #5322
BANNED

Here you go, some more shots.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-13.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-23.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-18.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-29.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-20.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-31.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-36.jpg
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 11:30   #5323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
They are not wheel caps, mate, they are 16" alloy wheels of the T-Jet Plus, if am not wrong!

EDIT: Just noticed that they are wheel caps. Did not know that FIAT has wheels caps in this design.
Yes they are wheel caps,this design was exclusive to Linea Active Version.
Sid has upgraded wheels to 15 inches.
Old 16th September 2012, 12:25   #5324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yes they are wheel caps,this design was exclusive to Linea Active Version.
Sid has upgraded wheels to 15 inches.
I posted this pic of 2-door Punto sometime back. Glad to see that same wheelcaps are available here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2839163
Old 16th September 2012, 12:26   #5325
BHPian

I've thought these wheel covers were actually better than the ones available on the Dynamic and Emotion variants of the Linea. Would it be a good idea to get a set and swap the ones on my Linea?
They're showing signs of age anyway, with some small scratches an stains. And by the way it's quite an effort to clean brake dust from the Linea front wheel covers!

Last edited by one-77 : 16th September 2012 at 12:27.

Most Viewed