Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 06:54   #5341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Pic at Yamuna expressway.
Nice pic, aren't these the linea's 16" alloys? Can you share the cost for upgrading to 16" alloys from 15"? Has it affected the ride quality?

From the temp no., I understand it's a new car. Congratulations on owning the best hatchback (as per me) available in India.

Best,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 08:49   #5342
BANNED

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Nice pic, aren't these the linea's 16" alloys? Can you share the cost for upgrading to 16" alloys from 15"? Has it affected the ride quality?

From the temp no., I understand it's a new car. Congratulations on owning the best hatchback (as per me) available in India.

Best,
Biraj
Hi Buddy,

This is my friend Siddharth's car (SidIndica). Pics taken when i visited him recently.

The ride and handling is top notch, and those are stock Punto rims with Linea wheel caps And they look HOT !
Old 26th September 2012, 09:09   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Buddy,

This is my friend Siddharth's car (SidIndica). Pics taken when i visited him recently.

The ride and handling is top notch, and those are stock Punto rims with Linea wheel caps And they look HOT !
Ah! Got it I will check posts on lappy next time before commenting. BB screen made it appear as 16" alloy that I have on my T-jet.

Congrats to Sid. I got to know about his wheel upgrade from Rehman (SA at Oberoi). I too was considering wheel upgrade on Dynamic but finally settled at Oceanic Blue Emotion. We are now a Fiat family, with me driving a T-jet and my (to be) wifey driving a Punto MJD.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 20:33   #5344
BHPian

Slightly

Now, for all us "Puntophiles", this is quite a watch:

http://www.shell.com/home/content/in...gns/supercars/

This Shell Helix ad, is it a Punto I see or what ?

Now, where are the Indo/Japs, the Koreans and Germans, I wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
with me driving a T-jet and my (to be) wifey driving a Punto MJD.
Congrats Biraj, and to your would be. You always wanted an Oceanic Blue!! When is the car supposed to be delivered? Keep us posted, and hope to see you around during the Pujas if you plan to be in Indirapuram/Vaishali during that time.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 29th September 2012 at 20:52.
Old 30th September 2012, 06:39   #5345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli
Slightly

Now, for all us "Puntophiles", this is quite a watch:

http://www.shell.com/home/content/in...gns/supercars/

This Shell Helix ad, is it a Punto I see or what ?

Now, where are the Indo/Japs, the Koreans and Germans, I wonder!
And here goes the transcript for that ad...
So true,....about the feel part !
---------------
Transcript: Shell Helix Supercars TVC

We see a car under a cover on the front garden drive on a normal beautiful sunny day in suburbia.

The commercial then switches to a birds eye view of a city street followed by a scene inside a barbers shop before panning back to the city street view.

Next, we have a zebra crossing scene with some children being led across and past a couple of red Ferrari's at standstill.

Then switch to Ferrari's driving in Russia, Rio, India, before switching back to the 1st scene on the front drive with car. This time we see a man carefully pouring a 1 litre bottle of Shell Helix Ultra into his normal car with the voice over.

"Shell Helix makes you feel like you're driving the best car in the world".

The man then gets into his car and pulls out of his drive only to reveal that his normal everyday car has now turned into a shiny new red Ferrari.

The Ferrari car pulls out onto rush hour traffic where all cars on the road are now Ferrari's.

The car then pans out and the video fades revealing the Shell Helix packshot range with the words on the screen

"Proud drivers choose Shell Helix'

<END>

------------------
Old 1st October 2012, 00:35   #5346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Congrats Biraj, and to your would be. You always wanted an Oceanic Blue!! When is the car supposed to be delivered? Keep us posted, and hope to see you around during the Pujas if you plan to be in Indirapuram/Vaishali during that time.
Thanks Mr. Mallik, we took the delivery last Friday, Sep 21 (have already done a short run on the highway with it. )

I will be in Vaishali during the Pujas. Can you please PM me details of the Pujas that happen in Indirapuram? I am aware of two that happen in Vaishali. CR Park becomes tough due to the traffic and parking issues.

Here are some pics of the two partners in crime. Pics were taken during night and after the highway run. Will upload better pics as soon as I get some time.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01155.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01156-copy.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc01157-copy.jpg

On the Shell Helix ad, I always wished that Fiat could think about that ad before Shell did. These guys are just not able to get it right when it comes to marketing. Even the current absolute edition ad is off the target (as per me).
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 18:27   #5347
BHPian

Dear All,
Decided on Punto 2012, and wanted 90HP. To my surprise, I was told that 90HP spec is only on Sports model and not on the rest.
Any idea if this is true?
I am a little picky on the decals and contrast rear-view-mirror housing (too loud for me).
Old 1st October 2012, 19:19   #5348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Dear All,
Decided on Punto 2012, and wanted 90HP. To my surprise, I was told that 90HP spec is only on Sports model and not on the rest.
I am a little picky on the decals and contrast rear-view-mirror housing (too loud for me).
I think if you involve Fiat in this, they will budge and give you 90HP (non-sport).
As regards RVMs, tell them to replace if at all you are forced to buy Sports version. You can tell them to atleast accept this condition if at all they wany you to buy Sports version.

Last edited by carwatcher : 1st October 2012 at 19:20.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:56   #5349
BANNED

top notch design continues to impress...
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-61.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-53.jpg  

Old 1st October 2012, 21:01   #5350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Dear All,
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I think if you involve Fiat in this, they will budge and give you 90HP (non-sport).
Fiat has stopped producing Normal 90HP version to promote and sell the Sports variant. If you need 90HP, you have to opt for the Sports variant for now.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:27   #5351
BHPian

Quote:
Pic at Yamuna expressway.
Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, but why is the registration of the car like that? Shouldn't it start with abbreviation of a state followed by numbers, etc.?
Old 2nd October 2012, 00:23   #5352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
top notch design continues to impress...
Fantastic photos. The wheel caps resemble the turbine blade alloys of the Tjet+ and the 2012 Linea Emotion Variant.

Are the tyres are upgraded or the stock JK or MFR Tyres
Old 2nd October 2012, 00:32   #5353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, but why is the registration of the car like that? Shouldn't it start with abbreviation of a state followed by numbers, etc.?
Sid's trick in masking off the original numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fantastic photos. The wheel caps resemble the turbine blade alloys of the Tjet+ and the 2012 Linea Emotion Variant.

Are the tyres are upgraded or the stock JK or MFR Tyres
Tires are upgraded.

I was all praise for his brains behind the Wheel design.

Pic courtesy - Sidindica's FB wall
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:51   #5354
BHPian

My 1.3 MJD is scheduled for it's third service ( 30 K/ 24 months) this weekend. Is there anything I should look for apart from the usual stuff ? Also I get a slew of noises (rattles) when going over rough patches. It's quite difficult to identify the spots as this happens when I am driving alone. Is there any specific thing I can ask the SA to check for? TIA.
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:03   #5355
BHPian

. It's quite difficult to identify the spots as this happens when I am driving alone. Is there any specific thing I can ask the SA to check for? TIA.[/quote].

Its always better only to get the fluids changed at the Tata service centers . Tata /Tvs are to higher extent responsible for screwing up such a top notch breed car.

For rattles , get it done from a trusted mechanic with a few tips, it works well , service centers never make up .

Most Viewed