Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 14:26   #5491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
@teky: Thanks for this suggestion.

Ramesh tires quoted a much more sensible rate of Rs 350/- for alignment and 150 per wheel for balancing. This is a lot cheaper than the rate quoted by XL tyres, Velachery.

Unfortunately- today there is power shutdown for velachery region, and hence I couldn't do the work yet.
CD,
Even at 150/ tyre for balancing it's still way too expensive compared to other cities. Could you please find out the reason? The allignment centre people may tell you the rationale behind the pricing.

Last edited by Rufus_M : 5th December 2012 at 14:27.
Old 7th December 2012, 15:26   #5492
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Sort of all things gone wrong at the same time.

Please describe as to how the service center guys take it out. That could be helpful to the Punto owners out there.
Finally, I found time to go to the service center. My phone was retrieved and is working fine now. However, did not bother with the coin amidst all the ducting and wiring.

The process was simple and a easy DIY.
The front seats were pushed all the way back.
There are 3 the screws on each side, of the gear lever area holding the panels
These panels were removed and the phone was visible sitting in front of the gear lever.
The panels have been screwed back now, but there is a faint rattle when i pull from slightly lower speeds in 5th Gear. This was not there earlier.
SilkDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 19:15   #5493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive

However, did not bother with the coin amidst all the ducting and wiring.

The panels have been screwed back now, but there is a faint rattle when i pull from slightly lower speeds in 5th Gear. This was not there earlier.
The coin must be the culprit here. I had rattling from the back seat and the service center folks found a few coins under the seat during their diagnosis. These coins must've fallen from my dad's pocket when he slept flat during a long drive.
Old 7th December 2012, 19:55   #5494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Finally, I found time to go to the service center. My phone was retrieved and is working fine now. However, did not bother with the coin amidst all the ducting and wiring.

The process was simple and a easy DIY.
The front seats were pushed all the way back.
There are 3 the screws on each side, of the gear lever area holding the panels
These panels were removed and the phone was visible sitting in front of the gear lever.
Good to hear that you got your phone back.
Question: Was there an opening to the road below?
Old 11th December 2012, 10:30   #5495
BHPian

Hi Guys, Some queries on the Punto. I keep hearing that resale value of Punto is bad but does anyone have any inputs on the actual amount of depreciation of the Punto Sport Via say a Swift ZDI over say a 4 year period ?

Can Punto be serviced by local mechanics once warranty/extended warranty is over. Swifts/Indica are easily serviceable by Local mechanics but was not sure about the Punto.

How about Spare parts , are they available off the counter like maruthi/tata for commonly used spares ?

Also one final query, what is the current offer on Punto Sports in Chennai (with the Absolute edition).

I am looking at changing my Indica with a new Car. Ideally XUV500 is the best option but i have a home loan and hence not want another heavy EMI burden and would like to pre-close my home loan as soon as possible but with my Indica disintegrating i am forced to hunt for a hatchback to keep for a short duration (say 3-5 years) before moving to a SUV and I really,really like the Punto. Hence the query(s).

thanks.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:28   #5496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
I am looking at changing my Indica with a new Car. Ideally XUV500 is the best option but i have a home loan and hence not want another heavy EMI burden and would like to pre-close my home loan as soon as possible but with my Indica disintegrating i am forced to hunt for a hatchback to keep for a short duration (say 3-5 years) before moving to a SUV and I really,really like the Punto. Hence the query(s). thanks.
I sincerely hope & wish you get your dream machine at the earliest. However till such time, you will have to live with your current ride. I believe you have a 2006 Indica V2 DLS. I was pretty much on knowing that your car is disintegrating. Could you please elaborate why do you say so? May be it would be an discussion over here. So you can post your queries/experiences in the Indica problems thread below. I have a 2004 Indica DLX, run just over 1.21 lac kms & still good to go till 1.5 lac kms

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2952040
Old 11th December 2012, 11:38   #5497
BHPian

Quote:

Also one final query, what is the current offer on Punto Sports in Chennai (with the Absolute edition).
We need to get in touch. I am also planning to book Punto next month. We can go together and negotiate good offer.

I am also planning to look at the new Vista 90Hp.

PM me your contact number.

Regards
Marlon
Old 11th December 2012, 11:53   #5498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, Some queries on the Punto. I keep hearing that resale value of Punto is bad but does anyone have any inputs on the actual amount of depreciation of the Punto Sport Via say a Swift ZDI over say a 4 year period ?

Can Punto be serviced by local mechanics once warranty/extended warranty is over. Swifts/Indica are easily serviceable by Local mechanics but was not sure about the Punto.

How about Spare parts , are they available off the counter like maruthi/tata for commonly used spares ?
Resale will be lower compared to swift. Check for used car valuations on carwale. However it's really difficult to predict resale price after 4 yrs from now - a lot can change such as diesel pricing.

General servicing ( oil change, filter change etc ) can be done by outside mechanics. General parts ( filters etc) are available outside - Manza and Vista use the same filters.

I know of folks in Bangalore who purchase parts from JC Rd in Bangalore and get their vehicle serviced outside of the a.s.s - something I'm planning to do next year onwards. Note that for specific problems you may have to visit the a.s.s for labour , parts and diagnosis.

Also note that service/maintenance costs are comparatively higher on a Punto than a swift.

Hope this helps.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 12:11   #5499
BHPian

@ Autoindian: I have replied in Indica Issues thread.

@ Marlon: Thanks for the offer. I cannot send a PM since i am still a 'newbie' , please send your details so that i can reply. I am also looking at the Storme Lx (if priced within 10L chennai) due to the Leh Bug and hence would take a few months to make up my mind on what i want to buy.

And no more Indica's for me irrespective of the offer and pricing
Old 11th December 2012, 14:01   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While we cannot predict the resale value of the car 4 years down the lane, I have a 3 year old, 76K kms done 1.3 MJD E - they offered 4.25lakhs for the car. I bought it for 6.06lakhs on road. That is not a bad deal for a 3 year old car.

The guy was also saying that there is good demand for Puntos in the second hand market - what he said was completely opposite to what I had heard of earlier - about Fiats having poor resale value.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 14:14   #5501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Others have already answered this query, but I would like to know why you are interested in third party servicing. Any specific reasons? If there is a good authorised dealer handling your car's service, why look outside?

Quote:
This query has also been answered by another member before me, but if your worry is about spare part availability (common query by prospective buyers), from what I have seen the Linea and Punto's spare parts are quite well stocked in most dealerships, and quite reasonably priced. Where the spare part availability / spare part cost is a problem is for Palios. Palio's spares are more expensive and difficult to procure than Punto/Linea spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
While we cannot predict the resale value of the car 4 years down the lane, I have a 3 year old, 76K kms done 1.3 MJD E - they offered 4.25lakhs for the car. I bought it for 6.06lakhs on road. That is not a bad deal for a 3 year old car.
Nice to know the resale value is not as bad as it is made out to be, but I have a counter-argument. You bought a 75hp emotion pack for 6.06L, but today the same car (badged as emotion) costs ~8.2L in Bangalore. 4.25 is almost half of that . In other words, the resale value is good for your particular case, since you paid lesser for the same car. If a 2011 punto emotion is sold, he would fetch 4.5-5 too, in spite of paying 8L. Not too good then. With a Swift VDi, me thinks the case would be totally different.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th December 2012 at 14:22.
Old 11th December 2012, 14:57   #5502
tud
BHPian

Hi,
Is it possible to remove the front headrests of a Punto? I got a marble mat for the seat but to fit it I need to remove the headrest. The head rest moves up but does not completely come out of the seat.
Old 11th December 2012, 15:01   #5503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Nice to know the resale value is not as bad as it is made out to be, but I have a counter-argument. You bought a 75hp emotion pack for 6.06L, but today the same car (badged as emotion) costs ~8.2L in Bangalore. 4.25 is almost half of that . In other words, the resale value is good for your particular case, since you paid lesser for the same car. If a 2011 punto emotion is sold, he would fetch 4.5-5 too, in spite of paying 8L. Not too good then. With a Swift VDi, me thinks the case would be totally different.
Karthik, couple of things, kerala road taxes are almost half that of bangalore. Kerala is a bit fond of Fiats too.

Binaiks Punto is the current dynamic trim and not Emotion.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 16:33   #5504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud
Hi,
Is it possible to remove the front headrests of a Punto? I got a marble mat for the seat but to fit it I need to remove the headrest. The head rest moves up but does not completely come out of the seat.
Yes it does come out, with a minor effort you can take it out.
nkg77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 16:49   #5505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Actually the sale of Emotion as Dynamic started from Punto 2012. I bought Punto Emotion in Jan 2011. And I paid 6.6L on road, I believe the car costs increased from March/April 2011.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks