Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 09:55   #5671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Is the Punto 1.4 8.10 L on road in KA now ?

We paid 7L in 2010 ! This is some price increase.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 13:00   #5672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Is the Punto 1.4 8.10 L on road in KA now ?

We paid 7L in 2010 ! This is some price increase.
The car has gone 2 rounds of price increase, one in Jan 2012 and this Jan 2013. With the road taxes so high in Bangalore, the difference would only magnify.
nkrishnap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 13:28   #5673
Senior - BHPian

Visited Vecto Motors on Sunday. Nothing new to report about the prices or TD or lethargic service. However shortly before that I tested the i20 Asta Diesel (cos that's the only one they had for a TD). This was at Advaith Hyundai, ORR. The TD was reasonably long, over varied road conditions and the SA even suggested that we drive over a bit of land where there is no road, but undulating packed earth, to feel the comfort of the suspension.

Well this TD just enhanced the good impression I had of the Punto. While not going into details, my wife & I both immediately struck it off the contenders list. I must mention that I was disappointed in the interiors. Maybe the hype and praise heaped on them had raised my expectations too far, or Fiat has really improved, but I felt they were at par. Some pieces were obviously better in the i20, for instance the AC flow rate controls that are rubberised, and have a good feel to them, but others were just about as good as my Spark (or worse, since it jiggled about), such as the fan speed knob in the non-ACC Magna version.

Anyway, back to the Punto - now doubly convinced, family pressure is pushing me towards the diesel. My Spark has run over 70k kms in four and a half years, averaging 1300kms per month. Presumably that warrants a diesel? Therefore I'm now considering the 2012 Emotion, but don't want a May/June manufactured one, which the dealer said will be the case. Is that negotiable?

Thanks again all, ESP Krishna (NKrishnaP), for your advice & assistance.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:47   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Presumably that warrants a diesel? Therefore I'm now considering the 2012 Emotion, but don't want a May/June manufactured one, which the dealer said will be the case. Is that negotiable?

I think, this sort of running needs a Diesel.

And any particular reason for a 2012 vehicle? We are already at March End, so one quarter is already gone. Why do you want to take chances with an Old vehicle. As far as I remember, I was getting 7500 discount on a 2012 vehicle. Not worth it I thought?
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 17:28   #5675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited Vecto Motors on Sunday. Nothing new to report about the prices or TD or lethargic service.
Just curious, who was the sales who attended to you?

Quote:
Anyway, back to the Punto - now doubly convinced, family pressure is pushing me towards the diesel. My Spark has run over 70k kms in four and a half years, averaging 1300kms per month. Presumably that warrants a diesel? Therefore I'm now considering the 2012 Emotion, but don't want a May/June manufactured one, which the dealer said will be the case. Is that negotiable?
Sure you can negotiate about the 2012 manufactured vehicles. Which color are you interested in? It can negotiated again depending on various factors.

Quote:
No problem sir, teambhpians are here to help each other.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 21:03   #5676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I think, this sort of running needs a Diesel.
Thanks, so I will consider the Diesel as well, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
And any particular reason for a 2012 vehicle? As far as I remember, I was getting 7500 discount on a 2012 vehicle. Not worth it I thought?
For a 2012 model they are offering a 24k Rs discount, however they said it will be a May/June 2012 model. That is too old in my opinion, so I am still debating whether it is worth it. If I can negotiate a later model (Oct or later, 2012), then I will definitely go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Just curious, who was the sales who attended to you?
I am not sure, but there was only one person when I went there on Sunday. An older gentleman who didn't ask my name or number, or any details

Quote:
Sure you can negotiate about the 2012 manufactured vehicles. Which color are you interested in? It can negotiated again depending on various factors.
I was considering metallic maroon, however they only have the wine colour which is too dark. My wife has vetoed all other colours, so the only one left is:

Bossa Nova White.

Quote:
No problem sir, teambhpians are here to help each other.
Thanks!
Old 25th March 2013, 21:26   #5677
BHPian

Quote:
For a 2012 model they are offering a 24k Rs discount, however they said it will be a May/June 2012 model. That is too old in my opinion, so I am still debating whether it is worth it. If I can negotiate a later model (Oct or later, 2012), then I will definitely go for it.
24K for May/June manufactured car is too less. I purchased a Jan 2012 manufactured oceanic blue Punto MJD Emotion in Sep 2012 and got it for 7.2 in Delhi. The on-road cost for Punto MJD Emotion was probably close to 7.9 at that time. The higher taxes can take the 7.2 to 7.5-7.7 but anything beyond that seems high for a mid 2012 model. Are there any Tata dealers in your city that are not moving to Fiat? If they have stock of Punto Emotion, you might be able to strike a very good deal. Needless to say, please conduct a thorough PDI.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 11:32   #5678
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : appearance in media

There has been a mishap on the Yamuna expressway and an article on how to handle a car during a tyre burst event, has appeared in the Times of India, Delhi edition. It's called "Surviving a blowout".

Now, the illustration of the car, is for sure, a Punto. Those teardrop headlamps, the unmistakable grill, etc. The artist actually made a fine drawing of the car in red. The TOI team probably chose the Punto considering its exceptional handling, stability and all that is attributable to Euro NCAP 5 rating that it has!!!!!

Happy HOLI people. Its Gujias, team-bhp and sci-fi movies the whole day for me ! (Allergic and sensitive skin: so no colors)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20130327_113539.jpg  

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 27th March 2013 at 11:38.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 13:57   #5679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
There has been a mishap on the Yamuna expressway and an article on how to handle a car during a tyre burst event, has appeared in the Times of India, Delhi edition. It's called "Surviving a blowout"...
Is there a way anyone could take some shots of the news please? Would love to read about it. Searched thru TOI website, could NOT find the news.
Old 27th March 2013, 14:30   #5680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there a way anyone could take some shots of the news please? Would love to read about it. Searched thru TOI website, could NOT find the news.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19230065.cms
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 15:46   #5681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Thanks, but this is not the same feature as in your pic right? I would have loved to read how to prevent the blow outs.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:06   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks, but this is not the same feature as in your pic right? I would have loved to read how to prevent the blow outs.
Yeah. The printed article contains more than the web article. Do you want me to scan it and send to you? I believe there is more about similar prevention techniques on this forum. The article asks you to fill Nitrogen in your tires, to keep it cool, as one of the methods. But I hope this is not getting too OT.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 27th March 2013 at 16:14.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:29   #5683
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India has done a comparo of 90 HP diesels namely Hyundai i20, Tata Indica Vista and our Fiat Punto.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/...unto-90hp.aspx

Guess which car comes out at the bottom!
Old 27th March 2013, 16:33   #5684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not worth. I rather dump the discount and get a 2013 Grande Punto. I am sure there are discounts for 2013 cars. With Fiat India still getting to grips with selling cars, I am sure the same discount value can apply.

A colleague picked up a Jan 2013 manufactured Grande Punto Emotion Diesel for an approx landed cost of 8.3lac. This cost includes free first year insurance and some amount of corporate discount as the company we work for is small and does not come on their list. The actual on road was about 8.54lac.

Call up Fiat toll free to get a more accurate picture of the discounts on offer. I would still not buy a 2012 unit. If you want me to buy a 2012 unit now, I need a discount of no less than a lac.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:51   #5685
BHPian

These were the prices that I got from KHT & Prerana (Vecto now) when I enquired for Punto for my friend 2-3 weeks back.

KHT

Punto 90HP - 893000
Punto 75HP Emotion - 840000
Punto 75HP Dynamic - 765000
Punto 75HP Active - 690000

Prerana (Vecto)

Punto 90HP - 874805
Punto 75HP Emotion - 830780
Punto 75HP Dynamic - 757795
Punto 75HP Active - 681185

They offered a 16k discount for 2012 Cars in stock.
lloydofcochin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks