Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 16:46   #5716
BHPian

Blue & Me not working after Battery Recharge !!!

Gurus, Need your inputs here !

It seemed that the battery on my 3.5 year old Punto MJD EPack had gone low, after the various warning messages [Air bag failure,..] I'd been getting.

I gave the OEM Exide battery to a nearby Battery shop for an overnight recharge. Got it back and the guy fitted it.

All the lightings/ horn/ radio and AC are working fine, but the Blue and Me aint working. Volume and source controls are working fine on the steering. No response from the Windows Button or the Phone button at all !

What could've gone wrong? Wiring? Fuse?.
Old 18th April 2013, 17:52   #5717
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blue & Me not working after Battery Recharge !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
All the lightings/ horn/ radio and AC are working fine, but the Blue and Me aint working. Volume and source controls are working fine on the steering. No response from the Windows Button or the Phone button at all !

What could've gone wrong? Wiring? Fuse?.
Is the orange backlight on the switches working? If so, it may not be a wiring issue or fuse issue.

I had read somewhere that on battery change, the Blue&me system shuts down to prevent any loss/theft of data. Just take it to your local service centre and they should be able to reset/restart Blue&Me for you with some newly generated code.

EDIT : found the source of the 'read somewhere' part
http://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/246...e-blue-me.html

P.S - if it does turn out to be a fuse burnout of the B&M fuse, you'll need to head to the service centre anyway. Either way you are not spared the trip

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th April 2013 at 18:01.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 20:43   #5718
BHPian

Re: Blue & Me not working after Battery Recharge !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Is the orange backlight on the switches working? If so, it may not be a wiring issue or fuse issue.

EDIT : found the source of the 'read somewhere' part
http://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/246...e-blue-me.html

P.S - if it does turn out to be a fuse burnout of the B&M fuse, you'll need to head to the service centre anyway. Either way you are not spared the trip
Great share Karthik ! Thats some info. A wee bit reassuring for my situation

Also, th orange backlight on the switches are working. Anyway, looks like I need to pay a visit to the Service center.

--------

BTW, the Prerana Kudlu gate service center for FIAT on Hosur road, Banaglore is no more. Vecto Motors [Sole FIAT], little down the road has the dealership and service center. I got the booking for 30th April. Pardon if am repeating the info.
Old 18th April 2013, 22:34   #5719
BANNED

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Fiat Grande Punto adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-236.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-234.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img-235.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 00:58   #5720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I have a four year old Punto 1.4 petrol. I have an issue with the airconditioning. The compressor just cuts Off in stop gap traffic and the car just cools when I'm driving without too many gear shifts. When the speeds are less than 20kph or am in stop gap traffic, the compressor shuts Off and only the blower works. Otherwise, when the compressor kicks in, I have no complaints about the cooling. But in delhi weather, which is going to only get worse, it's a big issue. And it's a bit embarrassing when I'm with other people who get to hear a lot of good things about the punto from me, when the A/C fails to cool in stop gap traffic, even reducing the temp doesn't help.

now is this the way the Punto A/C is configured? or can I do something about it?

My reference point might be high. I have a Honda civic which has a chiller A/C but I still feel that the compressor shouldn't shut down in stop gap traffic or low speeds. I had got the A/C upgrade kit too but it didn't do any good. It's been like this from the start. It's just that summers in delhi are cruel and the red colour that I have absorbs more heat. :/ Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Seems ac condenser issue or get the accentuator cleaned first

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The folks at the tata fiat service center at vasant kunj are fools..they don't treat the car well..showed it to them and they said we need to refill the Gas, overhaul the airconditioning. Only trying to make a fast buck.

My airconditioner performance is stellar. Cooling is great. I'm only worried about it tripping in traffic. what do punto owners have to say?

can anyone tell me a Fiat only service center where I can go to?
Why do you have to go to the tata guys now

Either go to noida phase 2 to kashyap fiat or wait for the okhla phase 3 service centre of fiat kashyap to open by 28th and get it checked there

Last edited by aah78 : 19th April 2013 at 06:48. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:59   #5721
Distinguished - BHPian

I live in Bangalore and inevitably, mirror caps have scratches all over them. I want to get them painted again.
The paint quality that we get from the dealer is poor and no match for the wonderful factory paint quality

Does anyone know if we get Painted mirror caps? Last time I bought one, mirror cap spare was available only in Black and we had to get it painted from the dealer or elsewhere.
I want to know if there has been any change after the 90HP sports launch.

Or If someone who wish to change their mirror caps to CF/Chrome/Black and willing to sell his Exotica Red OE mirror caps, can PM me please.
Now I hope that this is not too much of an expectation

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 22nd April 2013 at 10:01.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:19   #5722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I live in Bangalore and inevitably, mirror caps have scratches all over them. I want to get them painted again.
The paint quality that we get from the dealer is poor and no match for the wonderful factory paint quality

Does anyone know if we get Painted mirror caps? Last time I bought one, mirror cap spare was available only in Black and we had to get it painted from the dealer or elsewhere.
I want to know if there has been any change after the 90HP sports launch.

Or If someone who wish to change their mirror caps to CF/Chrome/Black and willing to sell his Exotica Red OE mirror caps, can PM me please.
Now I hope that this is not too much of an expectation
There is no change in the availability of spares of mirror caps.

They are basically available in two finishes with two different part numbers.

One is the matte black, as in the ACTIVE variants, while the other is a dull gloss finished black which is prepared for painting.

You may do a DIY with COM Paint spray cans if you wish, as the paint match is perfect. And am sure that there are few shops that would give you a good finish.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:22   #5723
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mirrors (plastic bit) of most vehicles come in either the standard black or in a ready to paint form. The ASS should be able to do a good job. Sometimes the polishing require post painting is not done if we pick up the car too soon.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:29   #5724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hemanth, Vecto is opening up a brand new body shop at their service outlet on Hosur road, with shiny new equipment. If you wish to get it done at the OEM service centre, you can give it a try at Vecto's body shop.

The next best alternative would be to take the mirrors to Sai Colorium and get it painted there with Exotica Red paint code. Since the rest of your car is white, there will be no problem of the red color matching with the rest of the body. Sai does a great job at painting work.

P.S - How about trying chrome mirror caps like some of the UK spec Abarths?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-500-P...item3cd0e70849

Not sure how well it would go on white, but just throwing a casual suggestion .
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:32   #5725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to get them painted again.
The paint quality that we get from the dealer is poor..
Hope I am not dampening your spirits here. I've seen 2 Lineas with ORVM caps painted at Kulathunkal Motors TVM and I must say that one can identify the repaint job instantly from 15 feet away.

My advise is, unless the scratches are really an eyesore, keep them in that way. Do not repaint.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:21   #5726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Hope I am not dampening your spirits here. I've seen 2 Lineas with ORVM caps painted at Kulathunkal Motors TVM and I must say that one can identify the repaint job instantly from 15 feet away.

My advise is, unless the scratches are really an eyesore, keep them in that way. Do not repaint.
Mine is a White punto 12 with red caps.
they are already painted ones and I know how poor the dealer paint work is.
The White caps which were factory painted ones that came with my car are safe at home.

Eyesore...hmmm because I already know they are there, The scratches look really bad to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Mirrors (plastic bit) of most vehicles come in either the standard black or in a ready to paint form. The ASS should be able to do a good job. Sometimes the polishing require post painting is not done if we pick up the car too soon.
Tata dealers are bad no matter how much time you give them

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Hemanth, Vecto is opening up a brand new body shop at their service outlet on Hosur road, with shiny new equipment. If you wish to get it done at the OEM service centre, you can give it a try at Vecto's body shop.

The next best alternative would be to take the mirrors to Sai Colorium and get it painted there with Exotica Red paint code. Since the rest of your car is white, there will be no problem of the red color matching with the rest of the body. Sai does a great job at painting work.

P.S - How about trying chrome mirror caps like some of the UK spec Abarths?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-500-P...item3cd0e70849

Not sure how well it would go on white, but just throwing a casual suggestion .
Will have to visit Vecto soon and enquire
Sai colorium is the tried and tested...and the best option I guess
Thanks for your suggestion KarthikK, I did think of it but having seen both of them in flesh, CF and chrome caps did not impress me...atleast for my Abarth.

4 options currently in my head are
  1. Get a black cover and get it painted by dealer/elsewhere
  2. Get a black cover and get it stickered
  3. Find a total loss red punto and try to get the mirror caps somehow
  4. Find someone who is willing to sell his red mirror caps
I'll post the updates as and when it happens

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 22nd April 2013 at 12:35.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:55   #5727
Senior - BHPian

Have the prices of Punto spares come down as per fiat's promise of streamlining spare stocking and supplies ? Really curious to know which of the following have the cheapest spares now amongst Swift, Punto, i20, Liva, Figo, Vista, Polo or Fabia ?
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:55   #5728
BHPian

Hi All,
I always wanted to have an exclusive thread for my punto, anyways.
Today, I completed 10K kms, and love every minute of my drive.
As per my experience, Punto is easily the best small car under Rs. 10 Lakhs in India
Few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto1.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto3.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto5.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-punto6.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-puntox1.jpg  

GrayBerry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:15   #5729
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I got mine running strong at 71xxx kms [May 2010] Emotion Pack running Yoko C drives.

Whenever I've tried maxing out, it would not go over 155-157 kph, but the recent pleasant surprise was when I did 162 at 71xxx kms - I was not drunk or dreaming and neither was it downhill.

Just when I think of hating fiat for its poor / abysmal ASS, the car rewards me with its wonderful ride and handling / steering / brakes etc. Makes me wonder whether I should carry on or replace the Italian beauty
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:39   #5730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Have the prices of Punto spares come down as per fiat's promise of streamlining spare stocking and supplies ? Really curious to know which of the following have the cheapest spares now amongst Swift, Punto, i20, Liva, Figo, Vista, Polo or Fabia ?
By spares, are we talking maintenance? If so, it is the Liva which is the cheapest to maintain.

And the spare prices have not come down for the Punto, in-fact they have gone up a wee bit!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks