Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 09:36   #6016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Shuddering is observed while taking the vehicle in first gear.. Not sure if a clutch overhaul is imminent.
Does anybody know how much a clutch work for 1.3mjd cost?
I went to Vecto fearing clutch issue. The car has done 38k+and 1st gear half clutch is the routine for 40kms commute.

Shuddering in my Linea is due to engine mount but. The car gently rocks when idling and no shuddering in any other gear. Check mounts also if u get a thud sound on gear change.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 17:56   #6017
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Shuddering when taking off is most probably an issue with the clutch pedal play - it occurs when there is too much play and the clutch bites only near the end of the pedal travel. It's quite simple to fix and any experienced mechanic should be able to sort this out easily.
Visited KHT-Fiat; SA tested and said need to check the clutch plate. And he told no liver/cable adjustments possible, since on press/depress of the lever, fluid pressure in turn causes the clutch bite/release in punto/linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Check mounts also if u get a thud sound on gear change.
No shuddering on any other gear changes on the move. SA told if there also it shudders, mount bushes can be a culprit

Last edited by Twiny : 27th August 2013 at 18:00.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:25   #6018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post

No shuddering on any other gear changes on the move. SA told if there also it shudders, mount bushes can be a culprit
I feel you should still check mounts first. Its cheaper and will avoid unnecessary repairs if the fault is with mounts.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:34   #6019
Team-BHP Support

Just came across this 'Black Motion' Punto from the Brazilian market. No, its not modded, its no Abarth either! Its just a special edition Punto, much like (and totally unlike ) the Sport in our market!

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-2013fiatpuntoblackmotion4.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 14:34   #6020
BHPian

Online FIAT parts catalog here:

http://eper.fiatforum.com/

On second thoughts, I hope this is not against forum policies...

Sorry but the edit window has expired...a latest release, online, is here:

http://195.23.79.251:7080/navi?FORCED=TRUE

This is v77 release. India specific as well, but NO LINEA! Anyone has link to a newer version?

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th September 2013 at 17:44. Reason: back to back posts. Please refrain
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:24   #6021
BHPian

I have been recently observing the following in my car.

With one third tank of fuel, I can hear the fuel rush back and forth during braking ! As if i am carrying a big tub of water in my back seat . This is audible with the HU switched off. Though i have been driving my punto since 4 years, I am observing this only recently. The sound is significantly audible. I mostly drive alone with music switched off most of the time. I am wondering how this is audible only from past week or two ?

Have you guys experienced the same in your car? Is it normal?

Is it the fuel in tank or any possibility water logging areas in the rear part of the car? There is no water in the boot area or the rear seats.
Old 12th September 2013, 16:41   #6022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post

With one third tank of fuel, I can hear the fuel rush back and forth during braking ! As if i am carrying a big tub of water in my back seat . This is audible with the HU switched off. Though i have been driving my punto since 4 years, I am observing this only recently. The sound is significantly audible. I mostly drive alone with music switched off most of the time. I am wondering how this is audible only from past week or two ?

Have you guys experienced the same in your car? Is it normal?

Is it the fuel in tank or any possibility water logging areas in the rear part of the car? There is no water in the boot area or the rear seats.
There maybe water inside the rear door. Happened in both my Palio & Punto. To remove the water just sit down & pull slightly the rubber beading at the bottom of the door. As it makes a gap water will flow out from the door.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:27   #6023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
There maybe water inside the rear door. Happened in both my Palio & Punto. To remove the water just sit down & pull slightly the rubber beading at the bottom of the door. As it makes a gap water will flow out from the door.
Thanks for the quick response Amit ! I checked it right away, but i couldn't find any rubber beading at the bottom of the door !!!

Is it in the door panel? because I see only small gap in the panel in the bottom of the rear door panel. No beading to support it. I think is gap channels out any water entering the panel. There seemed no problem with it. I even swung all the doors but no evident water logging. Am I checking it correctly?
Old 12th September 2013, 18:05   #6024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response Amit ! I checked it right away, but i couldn't find any rubber beading at the bottom of the door !!!

Is it in the door panel? because I see only small gap in the panel in the bottom of the rear door panel. No beading to support it. I think is gap channels out any water entering the panel. There seemed no problem with it. I even swung all the doors but no evident water logging. Am I checking it correctly?
If you swung the doors and couldn't hear water swishing around then probably your doors are clear.

There is a gap on the bottom of the door but is normally covered by a small rubber beading kind of thing. It does not run along the entire length of the door but just a portion. In my car, it seemed like the rubber beading had covered the gap resulting in blocking the outlet for the water hence the water logging. I just had to pull the little beading to make the gap and water flowed out.
Old 14th September 2013, 16:18   #6025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If you swung the doors and couldn't hear water swishing around then probably your doors are clear.
I fueled the car full tank. Now ideally the sound should've vanished. But to my surprise, the swishing sound is still audible when braking !!! Where is this coming from? I can hear it coming from the right rear door area for sure, but nothing when i swing the door. Any other place in the car where the water can seep in and store? Should I remove the rear door inner panel to confirm?
Old 14th September 2013, 20:08   #6026
BHPian

Quote:

I fueled the car full tank. Now ideally the sound should've vanished. But to my surprise, the swishing sound is still audible when braking !!! Where is this coming from? I can hear it coming from the right rear door area for sure, but nothing when i swing the door. Any other place in the car where the water can seep in and store? Should I remove the rear door inner panel to confirm?
Check the spare wheel compartment.
Old 18th September 2013, 19:53   #6027
Senior - BHPian

Friends,
I have booked a dynamic punto diesel. It comes with 165/80 R14 and was wondering whether I should change the tyres to 195/60 R15 of the emotion. Any suggestions as to whether or not to consider changing?
Old 18th September 2013, 20:30   #6028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Friends,
I have booked a dynamic punto diesel. It comes with 165/80 R14 and was wondering whether I should change the tyres to 195/60 R15 of the emotion. Any suggestions as to whether or not to consider changing?
You should go for it. But the ride is soft and smooth in 14 inch tyres due to the side profile. I recently drove an active and it felt different from emotion which has better handling and cornering. In case you are going for alloys why not consider 16inch ones of linea.
Old 18th September 2013, 21:38   #6029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
You should go for it. But the ride is soft and smooth in 14 inch tyres due to the side profile. I recently drove an active and it felt different from emotion which has better handling and cornering. In case you are going for alloys why not consider 16inch ones of linea.

Thanks Arkesh.

I am a complete noob when it comes to tyres. It seems the upgrade for 165/80 R14 is 185/70 R14. Would the 195/60 R15 void my warantee?
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 22:23   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

Thanks Arkesh.

I am a complete noob when it comes to tyres. It seems the upgrade for 165/80 R14 is 185/70 R14. Would the 195/60 R15 void my warantee?
I don't think it has anything to do with warranty because punto itself comes with 195/65/R15
If you stick to 14 inch rims go for 185/70, otherwise go for 195/60/R 15.
Circumference of all the combinations are as follows:
165/80/14- 309.8 mm
185/70/14- 307.3 mm
195/60/15- 307.5 mm
205/55/16- 315.95 mm
All the above combinations can fit punto.
In case you go for 185/70/14 or 195/60/15 the GC will reduce marginally by 15 mm.
For 205/55/16 GC will increase by 38 mm.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks