Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 19:33   #6931
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post

I would though, like to have a working music system with USB and steering mounted controls, for those occasional boring divided highway stretches (mostly the engine sound is all I want to hear). The SA too suggested I fit an aftermarket HU. Is there any recommended unit I should look for, which does not mess with any other electricals?

Would also be extremely helpful if anybody can point me to a shop in Bengaluru.
A cheap alternative is to use a good quality FM transmitter that fits in cigarette lighter.
Costs less than Rs. 500.

BTW, I was quoted 14K for Blue&Me replacement

Last edited by dmplog : 27th October 2022 at 19:34. Reason: Corrected typo
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 19:58   #6932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For aftermarket music system, you can check out Sachin's Autoshop (Koramangala).
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:14   #6933
BHPian

I drive a Linea Tjet which has also lost its blue and me. Same quote.

I used to play music through a portable music player via Aux in. That was working but I could not attend to calls without the Bluetooth.

About the same time, the music player broke down.

I have found a solution in the form of a Bluetooth Amp and DAC. Its a FIIO BTR7, which connects to both my android phones with Bluetooth, one which plays my music as well. Any phone call that comes thorough on either phone pauses the music and lets the call through.

One of the phones can also be connected through USB which gives even better sound.
prabuddhadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 09:12   #6934
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
The Blue and Me system (2013 model, 90 HP) has given up. As a result, the odometer flashes continuously. As per the service advisor, the AC water pipe passes too close to the board and may be the reason.

The quote is 27k, and I don't want to spend that much, given I don't use most features anyway.

I would though, like to have a working music system with USB and steering mounted controls, for those occasional boring divided highway stretches (mostly the engine sound is all I want to hear). The SA too suggested I fit an aftermarket HU. Is there any recommended unit I should look for, which does not mess with any other electricals?

My blue and me is gone too. I've got this Portronics Auto 12 from Amazon. Quite useful product at less than ₹600/-. I highly recommend to buy it for your use. The mic quality is good while attending call, music streaming with pretty decent quality output to stock speakers and main point is that it is working flawless since last 6 months for me.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:19   #6935
KPR
BANNED

I was using portronics which is still a great device for those who like good mic and play songs through mobile. But I didn't like fiddling with mobile for playing music. I'm a pendrive generation.

After analysing after market setup, I went ahead and installed Sony DSX 416BT with steering interface for steering controls, matching front fascia. My priorities were budget, sound output quality, working steering controls, mic quality and clean fit (like no protruding player). I don't need touchscreen, navigation etc., and I don't know what android auto play is .

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-sony-dsx-416bt.jpg

Last edited by KPR : 12th December 2022 at 12:22.
KPR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 20:12   #6936
BHPian

Punto owners in Kochi, do you know any shop that can do replacement of audio system with a proper HU with Android/iOS carplay (wired is ok) and good music ?

My audio system (default one that came with Punto) has issues and hence exploring options to change the audio system.
Old 10th December 2023, 21:55   #6937

I am facing a peculiar problem and need suggestions.

I went on a longish drive yesterday, started at 4:30 and had to travel around 400 kms. The outside temperature was 16-17 as shown on MID. After crossing city limits and during the highway travel, after some time the temperature gauge started coming down slowly. When it came to less than 25%, it fell rapidly to zero and I got the Check Engine light.
I switched off and waited for around 10 mins, and all was okay. This repeated 3 times till the sun came up and outside temperature crossed 22.
The same thing repeated during the return journey. I observed that whenever the temperature was reducing and I revv'ed hard, the gauge would go back to 50% and I could delay the issue.

Checked today morning, all fluids are okay. Engine oil is slightly less that half in the Dipstick marking.

Car in question: Punto 90 HP, 2012 model. Mileage: 99K.
Old 21st February 2024, 09:45   #6938
BHPian

Has anyone applied for renewal of RC for the Punto MJD? My Punto is completing 15 years by this October. At 1.1 lakh kms it has been duty as our beater car. Still drives like a charm and I dont see any difference in the way it drives from Day 1. I will be applying for RC renewal in July 2024 in Bangalore. Just curious to know if anyone of you had renewed the RC after 15 years successfully for the Punto
gopikb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 06:35   #6939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Has anyone applied for renewal of RC for the Punto MJD? My Punto is completing 15 years by this October. At 1.1 lakh kms it has been duty as our beater car. Still drives like a charm and I dont see any difference in the way it drives from Day 1. I will be applying for RC renewal in July 2024 in Bangalore. Just curious to know if anyone of you had renewed the RC after 15 years successfully for the Punto
Almost exact requirement for me too! I bought in Nov 2009 and have to renew in Pune. I love the car, and I can feel the emotions being very similar to yours!

I also have a need to move car's residence to relative in Mysore. Not sure if I should first change the address and then renew. Also, in Pune, I am helped by some good Fiat mechanics. Whether I will get similar help in Mysore, I am not sure. Love to receive any help.

Recently I have switched to Nexon EV. The experience is smooth in a different way though. I guess comfort of driving is different than experience of driving, which is more dynamic.
privin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 23:14   #6940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by privin View Post
Almost exact requirement for me too! I bought in Nov 2009 and have to renew in Pune. I love the car, and I can feel the emotions being very similar to yours!

I also have a need to move car's residence to relative in Mysore. Not sure if I should first change the address and then renew. Also, in Pune, I am helped by some good Fiat mechanics. Whether I will get similar help in Mysore, I am not sure. Love to receive any help.

Recently I have switched to Nexon EV. The experience is smooth in a different way though. I guess comfort of driving is different than experience of driving, which is more dynamic.
Hi Privin, glad to see more people are in the same boat. I do see a lot of Puntos in Bangalore on the road and they will soon have to face similar predicament. I think you should first get the RC extension done at the original state of purchase and then move to Mysore. Otherwise, it could complicate things.
In Bangalore, you have plenty of Private garages who can take care of the Punto service. I am sure there should be a few in Mysore too. As long as they are tech savvy, they can provide the right guidance to you to order parts from 99rpm or bodomo.com directly and get the car for service along with the parts. That is what I do.
Old 7th March 2024, 12:39   #6941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post

The suspension that was available in the market was from Motherson but after installation i pointed out that the gap between tyre and fender was looking bigger. After some enquiries we found out that this was the post 2012 higher GC suspension and it's the only one available easily in the market now. It's about an inch taller than the pre 2012 suspension. The pre 2012 suspension is available on 99rpm, I checked this after, but i have decided to live with this for now. The front sits a little higher now and the rake has disappeared. This might help me with regard to underbody contact but i m not sure how much it will affect cornering. Have to admit i still haven't gotten used to the increased tyre - fender gap.
Hi, I am on the lookout for a set of front struts for my Punto (75HP, 2010 model, currently on low GC suspension), do you have the part number and cost of these Motherson Struts, if so please share them here. Also how are they holding up and how is the ride and handling.

Thank You in advance

Last edited by The Mechanic : 7th March 2024 at 12:42.
Old 7th March 2024, 15:45   #6942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
Hi, I am on the lookout for a set of front struts for my Punto (75HP, 2010 model, currently on low GC suspension), do you have the part number and cost of these Motherson Struts, if so please share them here. Also how are they holding up and how is the ride and handling.
To be honest the motherson struts haven't held up too well and i haven't been happy with their performance. Also, i got it done through a garage and they sourced the parts for me. The good news is that the original suspension is still available on 99rpm. It will take some time to deliver but you should definitely go for those. They even have the option to choose between the pre and post 2012 suspension. Have attached the link to make life a little easier.https://https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/f...mjd-punto.html
Tokengrip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed