Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:51   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
OT:
Opendro, I owned a DLX Turbo, in june, after 2 yrs of purchase of my turbo; the stock "exide" battery died taking along the alternator, which left me stranded in a new city (was traveling)
Still we are on topic (concerned about battery of Punto). I also owned Indica for 3 years. I sold it to a known person. It had the starting problem when engine is hot and switched off after three years, once in a while problem. Later, I took the car to service and they told that it was because of starter problem. The new owner changed the starter and there was no need to change the battery. BTW, I drove 42000 Km in three years.

So, you can be pretty sure that yours was a one-off case. I know a few Indica owners as well. No worries about the batteries.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:05   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Could you tell how this start/stop system works. Will not the air-conditioner put excess load on the battery every time the engine stops or is the air-conditioner switched off during this time rendering the occupants sweaty during the innumerable and long goods trains crossing that we have in our area.
Would love to have Tom-Tom installed in my car though...
I guess the start & stop tech is similar to the Mahindra's micro-hybrid..
Fiat.co.uk | START&STOP FIRES UP MORE GREEN AWARDS FOR 500 - article on 500's start & stop.

I guess a solution to the "long goods trains crossing.." you might need to keep the car in gear and clutch pressed.. Anyways it will be a long time till the tech comes in indian FIAT's.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:29   #1113

Grande Punto - Active Vs Dynamic. Is it worth 60K difference ?

I am a prospective Grande Punto(petrol) buyer. I observed that the difference, in terms of features, b/w Active and Dynamic is hardly anything. But the difference in price is 60k. Below outlines the difference in features.

Central door locking Rear power windows Foldable grab handles Fabric insert on door trim & arm rest Instrument panel light regulation
Am i correct in assuming that Punto Dynamic is overpriced ? If yes, why ? Your all comments.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd September 2009 at 18:30. Reason: Please continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:24   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphean View Post
I am a prospective Grande Punto(petrol) buyer. I observed that the difference, in terms of features, b/w Active and Dynamic is hardly anything. But the difference in price is 60k. Below outlines the difference in features.

Central door locking Rear power windows Foldable grab handles Fabric insert on door trim & arm rest Instrument panel light regulation
Am i correct in assuming that Punto Dynamic is overpriced ? If yes, why ? Your all comments.
I am not aware of all the differences in Punto features but the major difference is that Active is a 1.4 engine, the active is a 1.2 engine. Also the door handles and orvms are body coloured on the dynamic and black on the active; the grill is silver on dynamic, black on active. I think the upholstery is different too.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:52   #1115
BHPian

Mess up by GM

This is completely off topic !!

@ Mods : I have absolutely no idea where I am supposed to upload this : (maybe in the non-auto image thread ?) But since I found this when I was comparing the Punto 1.2 Active and Punto 1.4 Dynamic, I am uploading it here.

When I was comparing the two models for morphean (and realised Pragmites had covered almost everything in his reply ) I saw the following google ad at the top of the webpage

Check it out what it says :

Fiat Grande Punto : Incredibly Spacious Car : Check for test drive now
ChevroletAveoUVA.com/TestDrive
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-uva-ad-messup.jpg  

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 2nd September 2009 at 20:54.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:57   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Check it out what it says :

Fiat Grande Punto : Incredibly Spacious Car : Check for test drive now
ChevroletAveoUVA.com/TestDrive
GM at it again, check this out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rolet-uva.html
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:14   #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
I am not aware of all the differences in Punto features but the major difference is that Active is a 1.4 engine, the active is a 1.2 engine. Also the door handles and orvms are body coloured on the dynamic and black on the active; the grill is silver on dynamic, black on active. I think the upholstery is different too.

Active comes in both 1.2 and 1.4. I dont think its because of the engine.can difference in interiors and exteriors lead to a difference of 60K ?
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:52   #1118
BHPian

For Petrol Punto Active, 1.2 is the only engine option.
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:22   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Active comes in both 1.2 and 1.4. I dont think its because of the engine.can difference in interiors and exteriors lead to a difference of 60K ?
I don't think the active comes in 1.2 AND 1.4. There is some confusion

As far as I know, for petrol : the Active variant is available only with the 1.2 engine

1.2 Active is the entry model of the Punto. If you check the prices on Punto's website : Fiat Punto : You see 4 prices

1. Punto Active
2. Punto Dynamic
3. Punto Emotion
4. Punto Emotion Pack

If you had Active in both 1.2 and 1.4 the price table would have looked as follows

1. Punto Active 1.2
2. Punto Active 1.4
3. Punto Dynamic
4. Punto Emotion
5. Punto Emotion

I hope I am not missing something here !!

Morphean : 60k is a decent enough premium to pay for an upgraded engine (1.4) and interior + exterior features that you have already listed.
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:54   #1120
BHPian

yup. The 1.2 Active is no match to the 1.4 FIRE engine.

Quote:

Morphean : 60k is a decent enough premium to pay for an upgraded engine (1.4) and interior + exterior features that you have already listed.
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:04   #1121
Senior - BHPian

What is the price difference between the diesel active and dynamic? And I've heard that Central locking cannot be fitted on the active. is it true? if it is, then the dynamic makes more sense.
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:06   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
What is the price difference between the diesel active and dynamic? And I've heard that Central locking cannot be fitted on the active. is it true? if it is, then the dynamic makes more sense.
Difference between diesel active and dynamic is around 32K
Old 3rd September 2009, 01:07   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
And I've heard that Central locking cannot be fitted on the active. is it true? if it is, then the dynamic makes more sense.
I remember someone making such a post in one of the Punto threads.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:36   #1124
BHPian

Hi guys
Just a word of caution. To get the correct features of the different variants of Punto(or for that matter any other car, it is best to confirm with the Company's official website ( and reconfirm with the dealer) Carwale and other sites are not totally accurate. I noticed this when I was looking at Linea variants. Also the dealers do not always know all the features.

I too heard that the standard remote locking does not work with Punto. I think central locking ( one key) is standard.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:57   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
I observed that the difference b/w Active and Dynamic..... Foldable grab handles
wrong. active has Foldable grab handles

Quote:
Am i correct in assuming that Punto Dynamic is overpriced ?
wrong. engine also adds.

Quote:
the door handles and orvms are body coloured on the dynamic and black on the active; the grill is silver on dynamic, black on active. I think the upholstery is different too.
all wrong. active and dynamic are same in terms of above features.

Quote:
for petrol : the Active variant is available only with the 1.2 engine
correct

Quote:
I too heard that the standard remote locking does not work with Punto.
wrong again. furiousspinx has added aftermarket (minda) remote locking

Quote:
I think central locking ( one key) is standard.
wrong again. Active doesn't have central locking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks