Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 12:33   #1186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Thanks Ravi. My car has got HPZ, so it means august 2009, same as what the sales guy told.
I booked MJD (bossa nova white, emotion pack) on Oct 1st or so with BUB, Pune. About a week back, the sales person gave the chassis number that ends in EPZ.

EPZ should mean that vehicle was manufactured in May. That doesn't make sense because it was released to market later i.e. why would they have to retain for long time?

I am yet to receive the car - there is some process problem that they are facing with Fiat, and seems like I may not be able to get that sorted by Diwali. Also, considering that the early batches had relatively more quality problems, I should be do a careful PDI.
Old 15th October 2009, 13:25   #1187
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by privin View Post
I booked MJD (bossa nova white, emotion pack) on Oct 1st or so with BUB, Pune. About a week back, the sales person gave the chassis number that ends in EPZ.
EPZ should mean that vehicle was manufactured in May. That doesn't make sense because it was released to market later i.e. why would they have to retain for long time?
In my case, when I booked, I had indicated Medium Grey colour. After some days, the sales executive, who did not have any idea of decoding VIN, called and informed me of VIN ending with EPZ, indicating May 2009. Then, I visited Concorde Motors and sat with the sales executive and browsed the DMS of Tata Motors and identified one more car of Fox Trote Azure [FTA] colour coming in the same lot with VIN code JPZ. I immediately opted for FTA with JPZ code as my wife did not like Medium Grey colour anyway. And, I preferred JPZ to EPZ, so the natural choice was FTA of JPZ code. We took delivery of my Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack FTA having JPZ code on 8 Oct 2009. The tyres have 'Sep 09' marking and the headlamp assemblies have stickers stating 'Made by Al Mako Turkiye 20 August 2009 12:00 PM', which confirm my Fiat Linea is indeed September 2009 make!

Anyway, advance congratulations.

Old 15th October 2009, 13:35   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Hi, congrats first! I personally like this shade of Punto apart from Black. Somehow, I don't like the red so much, but that's me
Thanks, though Red looks good, it's a bit too flashy for my taste.

@privin
Punto was released in June, but they would have started production in May. So most likely you are getting one from that batch. If you have the option to request another car instead of this, i think it's better to change.
Old 15th October 2009, 13:44   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

one of my colleagues who has booked Medium grey Linea (1 month back) went for PDI and noticed the VIN which indicated "July" (gpz). He denied the car and the dealer promised for another car in 15 days. It seems the grey color is a slow moving color and that could be reason behind July car. The dealer would have given the delivery immediately if it would have been with him since July.

Seems better not to opt for medium grey in Linea/Punto.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:28   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Is the spare wheel on the top-end emotion pack an alloy or a steel wheel ?
Old 15th October 2009, 17:31   #1191
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is the spare wheel on the top-end emotion pack an alloy or a steel wheel ?
Black steel wheel. Same is the case with Honda City VMT. Only SX4 ZXi had spare alloy wheel, IMO.

Old 16th October 2009, 12:19   #1192
MCR
BHPian

Happy Deepavali fellow BHPians,

Saw this AD in TOI - Bangalore edition.
Good offer but only upto 24th October.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-getimagecacnfvaa.png  

Old 16th October 2009, 14:21   #1193
Senior - BHPian

In addition to the above offer, corp discount between 4-8K is also available.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:31   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Check out the australian version of the Punto. Actually, they have carbon fibre finish for the central grey piece that you see in the picture. From the cars I checked out in a showroom here. I had half mind to buy and get it down for my Punto, but the part would be horrendously expensive and here is the deal breaker - It wouldn't fit. Ours is probably an older version of the Punto. Why do I feel that I am shortchanged?

I wanted that p symbol on the left, cost 50 odd AUS dollars and not in stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntoilg.jpg  

Last edited by kuttapan : 16th October 2009 at 15:32.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:06   #1195
BHPian

Hi guys, I am new to the whole thread. I took delivery of my MJD Emotion PK Medium Grey on 23rd August. I've managed to clock 1950 Kms so far. My home to office commute from Santa Cruz to Andheri East is exactly 6 Km on the meter. In the mornings, in 80% flowing traffic, I get 13.5 Kmpl. Drive time is on average 20 mins. In the evenings, I leave at around 7 pm and get straight into the Mumbai madness. I manage 6.3 KMPL, 30% AC. Drive time is about 45 mins.
Can anyone say that these fuel consumption figures are par for the course or do I need to take this on with the service guys, when I go for the 1st service at 3000 KM?
Would love to hear views on this.
Apart from this the cars a real beaut. I've done two trips to Pune to visit my parents who live there. The figures on the highway on both ocassions was astounding to say the least. The first trip was within the 1000 km drive in period and I stuck to 60 Kmh, as frustrating as it was, on the Expressway. I was rewarded with a 24.5 Kmpl figure. The second trip was at about 1200 Km and I stuck to 75 - 80 Kmh. I got 22 Kmpl. I'm off for the Diwali weekend to Pune and though I'm still within 3000 km and will not be pushing beyond 80 kmh, I'd love to see the consumption figure as the car will be on full passenger load of 5 persons. The first two drives was with 2 of us only.
The buying experience from Concorde Motors Prabhadevi was non descript. The only complaint I have is that the dealer is ratting on giving me Mud flaps. This gets the car really dirty from below. The dealer keeps insisting that Fiat has not released OEMs of this. Any ideas on this.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:54   #1196
MCR
BHPian

I think only the P symbol is missing in Indian Puntos. There is no difference in technologies. The Indian Punto is technologically same as available elsewhere in the world. Cosmetic changes are bound to be there. The "taste" varies from people to people and country to country. I believe You should not feel shortchanged.
Old 17th October 2009, 10:08   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I think only the P symbol is missing in Indian Puntos. There is no difference in technologies. The Indian Punto is technologically same as available elsewhere in the world. Cosmetic changes are bound to be there. The "taste" varies from people to people and country to country. I believe You should not feel shortchanged.
You think - I have seen. So, big difference there. Fit and finish is sloppy in the Indian Punto, at least for the plastics, inside and outside. No two ways about that, all the owners admit to that as well. Technologically same - Of course ! It has the same 1.3 MJD engine, same underpinnings, body shell etc. etc. Just that they have skimped on the plastics big time, whereas it costs around the same everywhere. Money is money anywhere, if I am spending the same, I ought to be getting the same !
Old 17th October 2009, 10:14   #1198
Senior - BHPian

The european top end punto has side body/head airbags, not available in india.

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Fiat Grande Punto
Old 17th October 2009, 21:22   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Is it correct that the fiat warranty covers only the cost of spares but not the service/labor ? What does the fine print on the warranty booklet say - any punto owners ?

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO Review, FIAT GRANDE PUNTO Price, Mileage, Great car - Needs Help - MouthShut.com

Last edited by sdp1975 : 17th October 2009 at 21:32.
Old 17th October 2009, 22:36   #1200
Senior - BHPian

The carbon fibre finish looks awesome. The silver dash in Indian version isn't good. Also, the plastics quality is inferior for sure. Even the fit and finish of plastics are a bit inferior than my retro Palio.

Apart from the above mentioned differences, Indian punto is a bit shortened in order to be within the excise duty limits of a small car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks