Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 15:14   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!! Red surely is a favorite amongst Punto buyers.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:40   #1292
Senior - BHPian

The Punto looks good in all colors. The other day I saw a blue one on the roads and my jaw just dropped on seeing it !
Old 25th November 2009, 14:13   #1293
BHPian

Thanks sdp and anshuman for your wishes. Can anyone help me with my queries please?
Old 27th November 2009, 10:25   #1294
Senior - BHPian

The made in India punto is also now exported to South Africa.

Link: motoring.co.za - New family Fiat has it all inside, mom
Old 27th November 2009, 12:53   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The made in India punto is also now exported to South Africa.

Link: motoring.co.za - New family Fiat has it all inside, mom
Interesting thing is that they are selling these Indian made RHD Puntos along with other LHD Puntos in SA market.
Old 28th November 2009, 17:18   #1296

I got my car back from its first servicing, and the advisor told me that he had replaced some clutch-related component free of cost because some of the early Puntos apparently had problems with it. It seems Fiat also recalled some Puntos. I did not pay attention at that time because I was occupied with something else. Does anyone know more about this?
Old 28th November 2009, 17:46   #1297
Senior - BHPian

See this thread Clutch Slave Cylinder - Punto | Spares & Accessories | Car Forums - CarWale.com

Do you feel any difference after the replacement ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 28th November 2009 at 17:50.
Old 28th November 2009, 18:40   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesadness View Post
he had replaced some clutch-related component free of cost Does anyone know more about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
See this thread

Do you feel any difference after the replacement ?
it is a recall by Fiat applicable to some Punto's manufactured till a certain date. you have to check with your dealer / service advisor to see if your car is in the list

I got mine replaced today. The clutch is a lot smoother after the replacement. Drivability has definitely improved (not that it was bad earlier) : but the improvement is noticeable.

Amogh
Old 28th November 2009, 19:34   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitesadness View Post
I got my car back from its first servicing, and the advisor told me that he had replaced some clutch-related component free of cost because some of the early Puntos apparently had problems with it. It seems Fiat also recalled some Puntos. I did not pay attention at that time because I was occupied with something else. Does anyone know more about this?
Can folks who got their cars recalled quote the month of manufacture. The reason I ask is that the Service Associate may play the "i dont know of any such recalls card". Best to go armed with as much information available.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:51   #1300
BHPian

Can anything be done about the dead pedal? City driving can be annoying because of it. Sometimes I resort to using my bare feat.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:26   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Can folks who got their cars recalled quote the month of manufacture. The reason I ask is that the Service Associate may play the "i dont know of any such recalls card". Best to go armed with as much information available.
Mine was manufactured in July. But I know some cars that were manufactured in as late as september that have been recalled.

if your servive advisor does not know about the recall, speak to his senior. When I (and some other members) took their cars to the service centres to get the clutch cylinder replaced, the service advisors were surprised that we already knew about the recall.

the "part number" of the part that has to be replaced is : 59116431

hope this helps

Amogh
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:25   #1302
BHPian

my 2 cents of owning 1.4 E+:
Are punto owners facing the problem of the opening up of glovebox everytime you go over our potholed roads? Me and my friend are facing this problem,probably poor quality locking mechanism.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:31   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Just got my Punto serviced today..had to pay 600 bucks for an oil change..didnt knw that was necessary at this stage but the guys there insisted..they gave me the remaining oil though..it was 'selenia' I thnk..but what irked me the most was that the chargd me Rs 95 for ONE bulb (right indicator). Maruti was way cheaper. Am not surprised that fiat isn't selling well. No wonder no one buys a Fiat. They have the products but A.S.S and expensive spares might do them in. The tata service guy was cordial but was interested more in making me sign up for some 'extra services' rather than listening to my complaints. During the shortlisting of cars to buy -3 months back, my dad wantd the i20 but I pushed for the Punto and finally he agreed. Today, dad was pretty critical nd rightly said that 'god forbid we have some big problem, we'll have to pay a huge price'. I hope such a day never comes. Me and my dad both agree that its a good car and we enjoy the attention it gets us, but at the same time the spares and a.s.s are things critical to the overall experience of owning a car. Its like buying a bunch of grapes but you cannot savour the taste as they are only good to look at but leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:48   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

@ankursharma- Its not a known issue with Punto please report the issue to the service center and ask for a replacement.

@Coolkurt- Which oil did they put in, Synthetic oil costs a lot more. Are you sure it was not top up? How many kms have your car done?
Old 3rd December 2009, 03:06   #1305
Senior - BHPian

@anshuman - synthetic oil.Yes it was a top-up.It has done 2700kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks