Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 11:02   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Punto owners - check your vehicle for rusting. I checked below the rear door beading and noticed fine rusting taking place.

See also http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1608342

So much for Fiat QC.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 12th December 2009 at 11:10.
Old 12th December 2009, 14:45   #1367
BHPian

Such a lovely car let down by dreadful QC for interiors. Wondering what could be the level of QC for engine manufacturing and Chasis manufacturing in Fiat!!
Old 12th December 2009, 14:58   #1368
BANNED

@cliffhanger : Regarding Manufacturing Chassis by FIAT .There is one Linea here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-206.html it has gone under a truck much like the Alto here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-279.html .
And all people in The Linea came out alive and went to book a new Linea.

I wonder what other cars can take a beating like this if the need does arise in the same range.
Agreed some panel gaps in plastic are there and 1-2 cases of bad rusting are there but such blanket statement are unjustified .

Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 12th December 2009 at 15:02.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:12   #1369
BHPian

TIT, those pics are unbelievable. Linea able to withstand a lorry with gravels whereas the alto just got rolled down flat by a lorry with sand.

This again just reinforces my faith on Fiat.

A world renowned brand like Fiat being unable to keep the interior levels decent is just my only grouse, had they done it, it would have been a great comeback for this iconic brand.

But, just a simple oversight as this is hampering their comeback heavily. Considering the market condition, these mistakes are very costly and will kill the brand itself.

There is only very little time left for Fiat, they need to wake up big, else it is going to be RIP for this iconic brand once and forever.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 12th December 2009 at 15:18.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:59   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
You know what, if you are already talking on the phone using blue & me and switch off the car, you can keep talking while the car is off. I don't know if there is some time limit, but the call stays on at least for few minutes

I dont think there is a time limit as it kept working for me around 20 mins as i was on a call.

Guys,

Need your help as when I plug in my USB drive with music it has 2 problems:

1. It does moves to next song & keep on repeating same song till I manually press the next button on steering.
2. It does not recognises all songs (say 4 GB) only play a first 20 - 30 songs out of it.

Has any body faced this issues, any ideas???
Old 14th December 2009, 18:37   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
I dont think there is a time limit as it kept working for me around 20 mins as i was on a call.

Guys,

Need your help as when I plug in my USB drive with music it has 2 problems:

1. It does moves to next song & keep on repeating same song till I manually press the next button on steering.
2. It does not recognises all songs (say 4 GB) only play a first 20 - 30 songs out of it.

Has any body faced this issues, any ideas???
Yup I did..

As for your problem no. 1) turn loop & shuffle off. simply say "shuffle off" then again press windows button and say "loop off". She will repeat and confirm the "off"

And for no. 2) in the manual, it says any file above 192 kbps bit-rate wont work. So just check if the mp3 files bitrate is 192 kbps or below. Also if the songs are within a folder's folder, they may not be played.
I suggest you to, paste all mp3 files in the USB stick, remove the files from the folder also; so that all song files are on the USB & no folders are present. Now create a playlist (*m3u) via windows media player and save it on the USB drive.

this is what I have done, created 3-4 different playlists in the USB as per the song genre, slow/fast depending on the mood etc. It works fine. And via the steering buttons access the playlist i need when i need.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:49   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@cliffhanger : Regarding Manufacturing Chassis by FIAT .There is one Linea here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-206.html it has gone under a truck much like the Alto here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-279.html .
And all people in The Linea came out alive and went to book a new Linea.

I wonder what other cars can take a beating like this if the need does arise in the same range.
Agreed some panel gaps in plastic are there and 1-2 cases of bad rusting are there but such blanket statement are unjustified .

Regards
Although i do not deny that Linea/Punto have a very strong chassis and good safety but It is unfair to compare the Linea here and the Alto. I read in the newspapers the truck on that alto fell from a Flyover, so this kind of damage is expected even if it was some other i would have been a similar damage.
Old 14th December 2009, 22:34   #1373
BHPian

WOW Thanks TC Ashay,

That was quick, will give it a try tomorrow & hopefully will resolve the issue
Old 16th December 2009, 14:09   #1374
BHPian

What It wont play files over 192 KBPS?? But on Mp3 CD its playing songs over 192KBPS. Damn I only download 320KBPS. Aint there a tweak for it? Also my HU starts itself whenever i start my car even if I had turned it off before shutting off the car?
Old 16th December 2009, 17:27   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
The power windows works with keys OFF but till you open the door. IF the door is not opened even after the keys are OFF for some time say 1 min, it will not function further. You have to switch the key ON.
this doesnt seem to work for me
Old 16th December 2009, 19:38   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paritosh2k View Post
this doesnt seem to work for me
I dont think he meant that for an Indian Punto. Even it doesn't work for me. Usually the moment I reach a parking spot i roll up the window then shut off the engine else will have to do it again to switch on just electricals to roll up the windows.
Old 16th December 2009, 19:48   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I dont think he meant that for an Indian Punto. Even it doesn't work for me. Usually the moment I reach a parking spot i roll up the window then shut off the engine else will have to do it again to switch on just electricals to roll up the windows.
Dont the windows roll up when you lock the car?

Asking because my even my Indigo CS has a dealer fitted electric window system which has this parking lot trick up its sleeve. Thought a premium hatch would provide a gimmick like that.
Old 16th December 2009, 20:39   #1378
BHPian

time for some little truth.. on the car security

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Dont the windows roll up when you lock the car?

Asking because my even my Indigo CS has a dealer fitted electric window system which has this parking lot trick up its sleeve. Thought a premium hatch would provide a gimmick like that.
gomzi bhai, I'd like to let you in on a small FACT.. which I found out after a small experiment with the spare key. May be even some punto owners may not know this..

The punto has the remote just for locking/unlocking the doors and nothing else.(strictly key less entry) The remote is in no way connected to the immobilizer!! (or rolling code technology) I drove mine on the spare key for a week; it has NO electrical circuits in the key but just the metal key.

The immobilizer works only when you try to hot-wire the car or a different counterfeit key with some defects. (imperfect key grooves)
Its all in the key. If you loose a key, you may need to hire a watchman just to guard your car or change the locks..

Oh and i feel you can drive/steal a punto on a perfect replica key; coz the manual says if a error is detected by the immobilizer, the icon will turn on alerting you, but you can drive on so that you can show it to the nearest SC for repairs (but you must give the error top priority)

What you must have is a 3rd party car security & immobilizer in your CS. Its your car security device that rolls up the power windows on locking.. or leaving idle for some time with the key out of ignition. The remote communicates with its hardware in your car connected to the ECU.
I feel this security is more safer than the Punto's. Without the remote unlocking the car, the car wont start on the key. The siren will alert you.

The punto keys are laser cut, so currently its expensive to replicate the key in india..

Remember the dimple key of godrej/europa locks.. the same way, soon other than the official key manufacturing company, locksmiths outside will be successful in replicating the punto keys also..

I suggest all punto owners keep their keys safer than their own wallet!!

I dont even give the keys to my local car washer. I unlock the car myself after he has finished washing the outside body..
Old 16th December 2009, 20:46   #1379
BHPian

+ 1 TC Ashay

Exactly correct, My Scorpio would immediately start to ring if I use the Key in place of Remote where else it is not the case in GP
Old 16th December 2009, 21:44   #1380
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to give my spare key to my car washing fellow , good that I saw this post.

The manual also says that the keys should not be exposed to direct sunlight to avoid working of the electronic devices inside , so there must be some kind of circuit inside the key fob ( if not in the remote )

Last edited by sdp1975 : 16th December 2009 at 22:00.

Most Viewed