Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 09:04   #1456
BHPian

Yes i also had thought for a test drive at other dealership, but my father had a prejudice opinion about Fiat and its service that it is worst. I made him realize that Tata is providing service and PUNTO is a wonderful product so he was atleast convinced for Test drive and Fortune totally made a Mess of it.

After moving out of showroom he said never bring me here again.

The moment we moved inside the RITZ with the view from front windshield he was very much impressed and i also felt the same it was better than Punto. The steering positioning was superb, the engine had hardly any noise even when driving or at idle stage, whereas punto had lot of noise after starting and even when while driving, the engine in RITZ was more refined.
I Felt sorry for the person who might have given his PUNTO for servicing.

Before moving for test drive My father was keen on a VXI ABS but after Test Drive he was so impressed that i thought he will surely go in for VXI Abs, but to my surprise he told we will go for the ZXI .

And once he decides its final decision because finally he is the one who is going to drive it.
Old 25th January 2010, 10:32   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Yes i also had thought for a test drive at other dealership, but my father had a prejudice opinion about Fiat and its service that it is worst.
Seems your father had already decided not to buy FIAT product. Not every dealer is same. I had a pathetic experience with Maruti dealer but then when I stepped in another Maruti dealership, it was quite nice. So it again depends on the dealership as well. Anyways congrats on your new buy
Old 25th January 2010, 11:05   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
The moment we moved inside the RITZ with the view from front windshield he was very much impressed and i also felt the same it was better than Punto. The steering positioning was superb, the engine had hardly any noise even when driving or at idle stage, whereas punto had lot of noise after starting and even when while driving, the engine in RITZ was more refined.

Before moving for test drive My father was keen on a VXI ABS but after Test Drive he was so impressed that i thought he will surely go in for VXI Abs, but to my surprise he told we will go for the ZXI .

And once he decides its final decision because finally he is the one who is going to drive it.
Hi. A very good and practical choice. Considering it is for your father, Ritz is a better choice. The ease of ingress and egress, great road view, small turning radius and a jewel of a petrol engine make it a great selection. congrats
Old 26th January 2010, 19:17   #1459
Senior - BHPian

First pic: punto evo abarth
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-abarthpuntoevo.jpg  

Old 26th January 2010, 20:12   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i also had thought for a test drive at other dealership, but my father had a prejudice opinion about Fiat and its service that it is worst. I made him realize that Tata is providing service and PUNTO is a wonderful product so he was atleast convinced for Test drive and Fortune totally made a Mess of it.

RITZ is a good choice considering its for your father.
today I took delivery of my Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack and I'm loving it
By the way my friend has Linea 1.4 E PK, it's 6 months old now, has done 6K KM's and is super smooth!! No engine noise at all.
Old 26th January 2010, 20:29   #1461
BHPian

Even one of my friend owns Punto never Complaints about noice.
Punto is pure a delight for passionate driver ,take her to the highways and will show the true potential and the breaks could put shame to the cars price twice more than her.
And about service they are doing there best to improve and its showing also.And service is ultimately depends on the dealer .

driving_smartly congrats for the Ritz.

Last edited by parimal_g : 26th January 2010 at 20:32.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:52   #1462
BHPian

Thank you Every one

Although i Have written in my signature RITZ ZXI coming soon. We will be booking it in Second or Third week of February 2010.

Am eagerly waiting for that period and more eagerness is to post my experience in TEAM BHP forum, nothing like it
Old 27th January 2010, 00:25   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
I made him realize that Tata is providing service and PUNTO is a wonderful product so he was atleast convinced for Test drive and Fortune totally made a Mess of it.

Congratulations for the Ritz, indeed a beautiful car. Fiat GP is really a nice car and what you experienced is a perfect example how a badly managed tie up can ruin a brand. Last month before buying Ritz I was seriously thinking about buying a GP, because I love European engineering, specially Italian (my father still has a 1960 Lambretta 150 Li) - but looking at the attitude of TATA Fiat dealership I just covered up that idea. Because I believe buying a car is not a big deal maintaining it in proper condition is utmost important and there a good A.S.S. matters. May be next time I'll again think of a Fiat - till then all the best to Fiat.
Old 27th January 2010, 00:58   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Every one

Although i Have written in my signature RITZ ZXI coming soon. We will be booking it in Second or Third week of February 2010.

Am eagerly waiting for that period and more eagerness is to post my experience in TEAM BHP forum, nothing like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Congratulations for the Ritz, indeed a beautiful car. Fiat GP is really a nice car and what you experienced is a perfect example how a badly managed tie up can ruin a brand. Last month before buying Ritz I was seriously thinking about buying a GP, because I love European engineering, specially Italian (my father still has a 1960 Lambretta 150 Li) - but looking at the attitude of TATA Fiat dealership I just covered up that idea. Because I believe buying a car is not a big deal maintaining it in proper condition is utmost important and there a good A.S.S. matters. May be next time I'll again think of a Fiat - till then all the best to Fiat.
Hi driving_smartly & gaddiwale, Thou you both like the GP but you are concerned about the A.S.S of Fiat. I guess Fiat's image from yester years refuses to disappear and it will take time for change. Infact Fiat's A.S.S is not that bad, check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ers-speak.html

150 odd real owners gave their opinions and you can check the results. A few dealers may play spoilsport for Fiat but when you have other dealers in and around your city you might have reconsidered.

Anyways be it any car, when you buy it you should be happy !! Congrats guys.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:10   #1465
BHPian

Need advice for my first service

Hi All Punto 1.4 Owners,
I have my first service due next month by Feb 20th. Any advice what all needs to be checked and serviced. Appreciate a detailed advice please.

I am never going to reach that 3000km mark by then so it has to be serviced after 3 months time elapses. Have done 750 km so far in about 2 months of city driving also I will be travelling the next two weeks so dont expect to clock more kilometers by then.

Do I need to top up any engine oil with about 1k km on the ODO or is it still good to go?
Oflate I have observed my steering wheel is slightly aligned to the left, when going straight or parking straight the wheel arch is aligned to the left may be by 1 degree or 2. Is this a minor glitch and can it be fixed, I thing warranty should take care of this right. Ofcourse it doesn't hamper driving in anyway.

I keep getting calls from dealer & Fiat Pune when I left feedback saying that they ought to have paint available to get minor scartches fixed. Nice to know that Fiat takes feedback seriously. The dealer called again and asked to come over to get it resolved, but I plan to get the rear bumper touch up job done during first service.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:14   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi All Punto 1.4 Owners,
I have my first service due next month by Feb 20th. Any advice what all needs to be checked and serviced. Appreciate a detailed advice please.

I am never going to reach that 3000km mark by then so it has to be serviced after 3 months time elapses. Have done 750 km so far in about 2 months of city driving also I will be travelling the next two weeks so dont expect to clock more kilometers by then.

Do I need to top up any engine oil with about 1k km on the ODO or is it still good to go?
Oflate I have observed my steering wheel is slightly aligned to the left, when going straight or parking straight the wheel arch is aligned to the left may be by 1 degree or 2. Is this a minor glitch and can it be fixed, I thing warranty should take care of this right. Ofcourse it doesn't hamper driving in anyway.

I keep getting calls from dealer & Fiat Pune when I left feedback saying that they ought to have paint available to get minor scartches fixed. Nice to know that Fiat takes feedback seriously. The dealer called again and asked to come over to get it resolved, but I plan to get the rear bumper touch up job done during first service.
Points to check during 1st service
  • You car is pulling to right - so get the wheel alignment corrected. It is free
  • Ask to check for clutch slave cylinder leaks - Replacement is free
  • All oil top-ups if needed
  • Any other issues that you may be facing
Old 28th January 2010, 14:38   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Check the engine oil level yourself - and ask them to top it up if necessary. I had a bad experience where I had asked them to top up my oil but they did not do it - and had to take my car again to get it done. So don't rely on them to get everything done right.

Make sure that they use the right engine oil - I think it's Selenia K for the petrol variant - there have been instances where they've mixed up between diesel/petrol engine oils.

Alignment should be checked for in the first service but I doubt if they do it - if you insist that you are having a problem they should correct the alignment.

Also, does anyone know what wiper blades are used on the Punto ( bosch ? ) .

Last edited by sdp1975 : 28th January 2010 at 14:41.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:57   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Observation on highway mileage figures :

If I drive at around 70- 80 kph the mileage are good - always 20+ with a/c on.

However, at speeds of 120+ , the mileage drops to around 17.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:05   #1469
BHPian

sdp1975, +1 to that. I have been seeing exactly the same figures on my MJD E+ as well when driving long. I have completed 6000 kms in 3 months and it sure is a pleasure to drive on highways. The confidence it inspires by its high speed handling and braking simply cannot be compared with other cars of similar size.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:14   #1470
BHPian

Dear friends i am exp a strange problem with my car. I am not able to use the phone button. Though its working but on MID its not being displayed. Has anyone here before exp this problem? I didnt get time to go to service station. Will get it thoroughly serviced only this weekend. If anyone else has had this problem do reply. I also switched engine off and on but to no avail. plz help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks