Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 21:03   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just wondering how many cars are actually running on FIAT's engines in India?
Swift, Ritz, Indica Vista, Palio, Linea, Punto!!
Did I miss any?

Punto, sure looks young and fresh and that can be its usp. Just hope the TATAs don't spoil the party with their legendary after sales support.

EDIT: Great review GTO, detailed and precise. Loved your focus on smaller things, like the left-side rear view mirror, boot light etc.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 20th June 2009 at 21:06.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

totally awesome review GTO!

I had a few doubts regarding Punto initially.

Your review made everything crystal clear. Thanks
Old 20th June 2009, 21:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Nice eye, aaggoswami. You are correct, it seems to be cost-cutting.

If the front door remains watertight during monsoons, then this is not cost cutting

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th June 2009 at 21:29.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nice review , now who will buy Auto mags ? . lol . Glad that car makers are willing to get an unbiased review without getting afraid or getting negative reviews.

Only if they had given it to test for 6 months before the release , they could have had plenty of time to iron out the minus points you suggested . I don't know whats stopping them to giving it to others to TD before launch ? ,competition knowing about ?... don't know .

Last edited by black12rr : 20th June 2009 at 21:24.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

fantastic review GTO , very detailed and informative , thanks

I drove both the diesel and petrol , a very very short drive due to the long waiting que.

i liked the diesel it was very easy, comfortable to drive even in heavy traffic,
the petrol had poor pick up and the gears were getting stuck (may be the TD car was not ok)

I just hope TATA sales team dont screw it up again for FIAT , they seem to be least interested in selling any cars TATA or FIAT .
Old 20th June 2009, 21:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post

I just hope TATA sales team dont screw it up again for FIAT , they seem to be least interested in selling any cars TATA or FIAT .
Well, in Delhi they definitely will. With ill-mannered ladies manning the phones, its impossible to communicate with them.

My experiences with Vivek Auto and Him Motors of Delhi has been disappointing. They have been unwilling to offer a TD for even the Linea.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:39   #82
BHPian

What a review! Covered almost everything in a car but Horn something we use very usually when you drive in India

3 Cheers to GTO !!!
Old 20th June 2009, 21:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other points:

Also, you can feel the steering rack moving (on your foot) if you press the clutch pedal entirely and turn the wheel.
Does this an exceptional case for the punto or is it more common in other cars as well?

@ GTO

What a thourough and transparent review. Now I know why all bhpian await for the GTO review. Thanks a ton for all the efforts.

Last edited by Zappo : 21st June 2009 at 16:48. Reason: Do not make such frequent, 1-line posts. Use the Edit button to add to your previous posts. Better still collect your thoughts and post at one go.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:45   #84
BHPian

That's the review we need

Going again to have a look & test drive both vista & GP..
then to decide.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hows the suspension and body roll , both of which are severe weak points on the palio ?

talking about when cornering.
Old 20th June 2009, 21:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review. Very objective and thorough. It sets a new benchmark for journos in print world where they just keep gushing about every new car as opposed to be objective and factual in their analysis.

Great job GTO! Keep 'em coming!!
Old 20th June 2009, 21:57   #87
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review GTO!

Couldn't have asked for more. Now everyone knows where one has to look for after a car launch
Old 20th June 2009, 21:58   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Well, in Delhi they definitely will. With ill-mannered ladies manning the phones, its impossible to communicate with them.

My experiences with Vivek Auto and Him Motors of Delhi has been disappointing. They have been unwilling to offer a TD for even the Linea.
Please try Rama motors, okhla. They have been fab. in thr approach
Old 20th June 2009, 21:58   #89
BHPian

I need to make a decision between 1.4 petrol e+ and 1.3 MJD e+.

The MJD is about 60k steeper than 1.4 e+.

In terms of mieage the MJD would give around 16 kmpl. Deisel costs 35 -40 a litre. That means the cost per running km would be around 2.5 rs.

where as the 1.4 would give around 10 kmpl (as per GTO). As petrol costs rs50 a litre the running costs per km would be around rs 5.

apart from the higher FE of the MJD, are there any other advantages / disadvantages vis a vis the petrol version?
Old 20th June 2009, 22:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This statement of yours actually has zero value.
-I would not agree with that. My statement was meant to draw attention to the falling standards of service from companies which were once famous for good service. This is a matter of concern for all of us. In fact I never knew about bad service from Maruti and others until I read some threads in this forum. My statement has got nothing to do with my love for Fiats. I would be happy to see Fiat on top in service by improving and going ahead of Maruti, rather than Maruti becoming worse and falling below Fiat.

Most Viewed