Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 14:46   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
can anyone shed some light on this? iam talking about the diesel model
MS, if you don't need the Central locking & rear Power windows, it makes sense to go for the Active version.
But, Central locking is good safety feature, it is easier to tamper with a Autocop / Xenos central locking than a factory-fitted central locking.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:00   #362
BHPian

booked red emotion pack MJD !

guys i booked red emotion mjd in vst motors chennai! i have been promised delivery by monday! and i was told that i could be one of the first few(or the first) red GP in chennai. The guy in the showroom said more white and minimal grey have been booked so far than the red :O

btw all the deliveries will start only from friday due to some RTO APPROVAL problem since this is a new car that has launched only a week ago.!

Last edited by amulu10 : 24th June 2009 at 15:04.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:02   #363
Senior - BHPian

Finney I dont need the rear power windows, will hardly use it.
But central locking is a must have, can it be fitted as an accessory ?
I don't think its worth 31k if , it can be fitted later, as far as i know it does not cost more than 3-5k

I think i will go for the active variant and invest on some good tyres + ICE + security

Last edited by ms001 : 24th June 2009 at 15:05.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:18   #364
BHPian

Try to extend atleast till dynamic.
As far as I remember, in Linea, the Active had only MyCar-1 (very few features)
But Dynamic onwards you had MyCar-2 (full featured with mileage indicator, trip meters, door ajar warnings etc).

Is this the same case with Punto also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Finney I dont need the rear power windows, will hardly use it.
But central locking is a must have, can it be fitted as an accessory ?
I don't think its worth 31k if , it can be fitted later, as far as i know it does not cost more than 3-5k

I think i will go for the active variant and invest on some good tyres + ICE + security
Old 24th June 2009, 15:29   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Try to extend atleast till dynamic.
As far as I remember, in Linea, the Active had only MyCar-1 (very few features)
But Dynamic onwards you had MyCar-2 (full featured with mileage indicator, trip meters, door ajar warnings etc).

Is this the same case with Punto also?
Nothing is mentioned about my car on the website
tacho,serive reminder,follow me home,digital trip , digital odometer , digiclock is
present in all variants
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-mycar.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 15:31   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Can any one who has owned a Zen and is currently driving a MJD (VISTA / SWIFT / Palio / Punto - based on TD) comment on this?

For me, its quite a big shift to switch to a diesel and though im totally sold on the Punto MJD, I just want to know what to expect (in comparison to a car like the ZEN) in the long term from someone who has owned any of these MJD's for a while now.
Hi Crimson,

I own a '98 carb Zen and while it is still quite zippy, I really feel that any of the MJD versions have better pickup and top speed than the carb Zen. One thing about the Zen is that you have a perception of zippiness as the revs build up, maybe due to the engine noise, wind noise, or low seating - you get the idea? But in a Swift, your perception of speed is dulled by the cabin insulation, higher seating, etc., and only a look at the speedo convinces you that you are indeed going quite fast Hope my post made sense!

Thanks,
Amit.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:42   #367
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from FIAT-TATA dealer for test drive as I had registered online on FIAT's website for the drive. Will go for a test drive on saturday.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:58   #368
BHPian

Does any know if the seats are same are the Grande punto or the abarth that is in UK/singapore? Or did the indian punto came with different seat designs.

If it is same then i will be getting abarth seat covers and some accessories from singapore.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:12   #369
BANNED

Vishaal Vista...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
+1 to your comments.

Vista: What a spacious hatch man! Sat in this one just for comparison with Punto and have no intention of making the mistake of buying a Tata again.

Cheers,
Su-47
That is completely true about the Vista. Very few cars in its segment can beat it in terms of interior space.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:28   #370
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

hey King julien
This is totally OT but I like your choice of "handle"
King Julien of Madagascar is probably my favourite animated character - certainly the funniest

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_julian View Post
Hi Crimson,

I own a '98 carb Zen and while it is still quite zippy, I really feel that any of the MJD versions have better pickup and top speed than the carb Zen. One thing about the Zen is that you have a perception of zippiness as the revs build up, maybe due to the engine noise, wind noise, or low seating - you get the idea? But in a Swift, your perception of speed is dulled by the cabin insulation, higher seating, etc., and only a look at the speedo convinces you that you are indeed going quite fast Hope my post made sense!

Thanks,
Amit.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:47   #371
BHPian

Great Review

Great review GTO. Looking forward to testing the diesel only now. Our reviews are giving the car mags a run for their money
Old 24th June 2009, 16:58   #372
BHPian

good review GTO.
Was actually waiting for your unbiased review.

Has anyone seen a white Punto in flesh. request you to please post pics of it.
Is the white similar to the Linea white/ Safari white/ Corolla white or is it like the palio white?
Old 24th June 2009, 16:58   #373
BHPian

help me decide my first car! ( m bold over by GP though!)

Hi guys
Was eagerly waiting for the administrators to allow my membership… I’ve been a silent spectator since very long, but now have decided to change gears…starting with this thread itself!
I’m looking to buy my first car, and after a disappointing price tag of Jazz, news of GP was a breezer… I’ve almost freezed RED GP 1.4 Dynamic … still would like to know ( now that finally I’m able to air my concerns at this forum!) :
1. My average monthly commute would be approx 1100 kms.
2. I was almost sure about Swift VXI but then…something somehow made me always wait!
3. I’ll be travelling mostly in Mumbai with some occasional out of town trips…and hence primarily looking at a city hatch with good power but with a decent mileage of about 14-15kms/l ( is it too much to expect on the same platter?)
4. Ritz it out of consideration cus of the looks, hence I guess it boils down to swift vxi, indica vista (I dint like the feel of the drive, but still would like to consider because of the value preposition…) i10 (though it still does not excite us to say yes this is it!) and Grand Punto (boy, this one does excite us for sure!)
5. I’d love to go ahead and buy Punto 1.4, but then if that mean a mileage of 9kmpl and then as GTO said, if it aint be that much of fun driving in a cramped city like Mumbai…is it all worth?
6. I’m almost sure about not going for MJD firstly cus of the price tag ( my budget is approx. 5L), and also considering that I’ll not be driving that much to actually see value in diesel….though would love to have suggestions on that front…
Please help me decide my first car!!!
Cheers
Ameet.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:41   #374
BHPian

Thanks king_julian,

That was very helpful. I actually have the MPFI ZEN, but I kind of can relate to what you explained.

I'm just a little skeptical of taking the Diesel plunge!
Old 24th June 2009, 17:44   #375
BHPian

@pineapple_ameet -Well, GP 1.4 petrol can't reach 14-15 kmpl for sure in city traffic. You can consider GP MJD Dynamic which should be around 6L, which may still be a bit higher than what you'd like to spend. Otherwise Vista MJD top-end at approx 5.25 L is an excellent choice.

Most Viewed