Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 21:31   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
True in terms of how long it has been in the market. But isnt it the same with the Octavia, the Ikon, the 800, the Santro. Its not just FIAT who has been continuing with the same model all these years. The benefit there is that the price has come down compared to when they were launched. Which i think is a win win situation when it comes to people who want good cars at value prices.
I feel what gemithomas says is true as I see more Palio Stile vehicles on road than before. I do not have any data to back this up, just observation.
Old 26th July 2009, 21:42   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
True in terms of how long it has been in the market. But isnt it the same with the Octavia, the Ikon, the 800, the Santro. Its not just FIAT who has been continuing with the same model all these years. The benefit there is that the price has come down compared to when they were launched. Which i think is a win win situation when it comes to people who want good cars at value prices.

While the punto deals with people who want newer cars the palio could surely still be there for those who want to save some money. Just like cars of other brands.
I can never forget a sentence I read in 'World Cars 1988' book - it was written next to a Mahindra CJ model, "India is a country where all ancient models end their days."

Well, although today we have contemporary cars along with world debuts, old cars still end their days here!
Old 27th July 2009, 13:21   #768
BHPian

@Minardi, SilentEngine, Ravveendrra, jathin, Crimson, neotraveller and GTO.

Thanks for clearing my dilemma and now i shall go with the proven MJD and pete it for enough power.

I have one question here about pete tuning kit. Some where in this thread i read someone going for the pete kit after 10000 kms. So is it the best time to fix the kit or can i fix it when i get the car itself?

Not sure if if my bank balance will allow me to get one now, but just want to know.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:55   #769
BHPian

ITs better to first run-in your car with the stock engine power and torque atleast for first 10k kms.Not sure whether if done earlier it might create problems but its better to to be safe
Old 27th July 2009, 14:18   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
ITs better to first run-in your car with the stock engine power and torque atleast for first 10k kms.Not sure whether if done earlier it might create problems but its better to to be safe

In my opinion the car can be peted immediately. Its just that it would not be wise to "use that power" initially. Just connecting a pete box does not change anything. Even with the box connected, you can still drive without revving the engine too high. Though it will be even more tempting to floor it
Old 27th July 2009, 14:35   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
In my opinion the car can be peted immediately. Its just that it would not be wise to "use that power" initially. Just connecting a pete box does not change anything. Even with the box connected, you can still drive without revving the engine too high. Though it will be even more tempting to floor it
Ok, so after running how many kilometers it would be wise to use?
Old 28th July 2009, 18:39   #772

Guys why cant we have the same level of fit n finish as can be seen in the attached photos. These are taken from some australian review site.
The only thing holding me back from buying a punto is its fit n finish from inside.
PS: i would happily pay the premium for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntoilg.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntojlg.jpg  

Old 28th July 2009, 19:13   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
Guys why cant we have the same level of fit n finish as can be seen in the attached photos. These are taken from some australian review site.
The only thing holding me back from buying a punto is its fit n finish from inside.
PS: i would happily pay the premium for it.
Pictures can be a lot deceiving than in real, albeit the interior of indian punto is not as good a australian.

See the interior pin of indian punto taken by GTO. It does look a lot better here, almost similar to the australian u posted. FIAT kept low quality interior to keep the price under the range they wanted it to be. Infact, You would have seen enough cursings here if fiat would have kept hte pricing like hyundai or jazz just to make better interior. Yes, i do agree there would have been buyers who are ready to pay the premium BUT the number would have been lesser than the bookings happening now. So i am thinking fiat played well here by keeping the price right. This is just my observation.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_interior_dsc02730.jpg  

Old 28th July 2009, 19:48   #774
Senior - BHPian

Maybe an exception, buttt I'd prefer the Desi version over the OZ without thinking twice. Our version is Simple n straight.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 28th July 2009 at 19:50.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:42   #775
BHPian

Concorde motors opposite to christ collage is pathetic. Completely irresponsible and they dont seem like they are interested in selling cars (punto i called up for). They are spoiling the name and market completely.

I had taken TD a week back and i had asked some questions on the corporate offer and the accessories that they would give me. The sales guy said he will check and let me know but no calls back. Yesterday i called him up again and told him i am booking black punto diesel so i need to know the best deal and he promised a call back in 3 minutes as he was BUSY. No calls back yet and today i called him again and asked him why i did not get a call back about the deal and i need to know soon as i am booking today. He asked me to hold for a minute and kept me on hold for sumtime (what the heck). i disconnected the call as i did not want to hold my call for some sales guy. HE DID NOT CALL BACK.

Then i decided to call up PRERANA motors, and response was good. Atleast he sounded like he wants to sell the car. He called me back in 5 minutes and gave me 6000 corporate offer and promised me hw will give me all accessories needed (do not know what all).

He also told me he will deliver BLACK punto in 10 days time (wooow) and the concorde fellow was not sure about the delivery time. This is what he had to tell me "it will take 3 weeks sir, the car should be deliverd in a month time sir". That too he was not sure at all. 10 days was shocking because i need to sell my car in less time

Concorde motors is ridiculous and completely bizarre.

I am going to prerana after 3:00 and booking my black disel by giving 50000/-.

Is there anything that i need to make sure there? here is what i would do.
1) book the car (today)
2) get the best deal in writing. (today)
3) start shopping around for loan and insurance. Any suggestions here?
4) As per some posts here i think i shall go for bajaj allianz

All the suggestions and help on getting a good deal is much appreciated.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:49   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I am going to prerana after 3:00 and booking my black disel by giving 50000/-.
Pay booking amount as much as less.say around 10K.that's enough.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:04   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Pay booking amount as much as less.say around 10K.that's enough.
Oh, i thought the booking amount is 50k. Thanks for the information.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:07   #778
Senior - BHPian

Check this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/62493-being-charged-1-cancel-booking-mitsubishi-cedia.html
Old 29th July 2009, 15:16   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Oh, i thought the booking amount is 50k. Thanks for the information.
Thats what i was told as well - booking amount 50k.
Are you guys sure 10k is fine?
Old 29th July 2009, 15:19   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Thats what i was told as well - booking amount 50k.
Are you guys sure 10k is fine?
Just now i spoke to prerana motors and the booking amount they said 25k as booking amount and this is the minimum amount they take.

Most Viewed