Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 15:11   #1066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Spotted two white puntos in typical 'test mule' avatar in Bavdhan area on last friday around 6 pm.
I saw these test cars about 10 days back on Pashan Road (near NCL). There were three of them. I was on my way to office. I clicked pics with my cell phone. As soon as the driver realised that I was clicking pics, he slowed down and let me pass.

All three cars were white with black stripes. Two were emotion / emotion packs and one was dynamic.

Three weeks back I saw two test Punto's near Khed Shivapur. They were on their way to Pune. They DID NOT take the bypass (the new tunnel) but instead took the ghat.

Will upload the pics of the test cars later.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:20   #1067
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Linea is getting the 1.6L TORQUE engine that we have expereinced in the Palio GTX and S10 by this year end. There is no information on bigger diesels yet. Either that or Fiat is being extremely secretive about their diesel engines.
This is BSIII compliant right?
Won't they have BSIV in mind?
Old 25th August 2009, 16:12   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
I own a red 1.4. Here is my ownership thread.

In city, I'm getting average of around 14-15 (driving in mild traffic). On highway I have got around 17, with speeds not exceeding 100. The car has so far done 900+km's.
Hi Nav, How you able to get 14-15 mileage. I tried so much but still not able to get above 12kmpl.
thanks
Old 25th August 2009, 17:23   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Coolkurt, dealer is saying all crap, pls escalate the same to: service@fiapl.com
+1 to the above, seems that the dealer is trying to pull a fast one and trying to avoid the work required for ordering a car that is a little slow moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Linea is getting the 1.6L TORQUE engine that we have expereinced in the Palio GTX and S10 by this year end. There is no information on bigger diesels yet. Either that or Fiat is being extremely secretive about their diesel engines.
That is great news though IMHO the 1.6 might not get the Linea to perform like the GTX/S10 as the Linea is bigger and perhaps a tad heavier too. The Adventure too had the 1.6 100PS engine and the Advy was no scorcher. The joy of those engines in the Palios was that the small hatchback design blessed with great handling when mated with the 1.6 engine made for a cracker of a car.

Cheers,
Old 25th August 2009, 17:36   #1070

1.6 Punto

1.6 Linea might not be a cracker ,but 1.6 on Punto is a real bet . I will wait till they get this .
Old 25th August 2009, 17:47   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Coolkurt, dealer is saying all crap, pls escalate the same to: service@fiapl.com
Thanks, I was feeling the same too. Now they are trying to push me some other colors, the one they have in their stockyard, but i'm adamant and sticking to my choice of RED. I have threatened them that i'll cancel the booking and go to another dealer. This has got them working and they have vowed to get back in a day. If they are still non-committal, i'll mail fiat as you said.
Old 25th August 2009, 22:09   #1072
Senior - BHPian

I was going to write a mail to fiat today but I managed to meet the owner of the dealership who was extremely angry at the kind of service provided to me. He said that the particular sales person wil b sacked and assured me that the car wil be delivered before the 7th and he'll be looking into it personally.
Old 25th August 2009, 22:14   #1073
BHPian

Guys, i dont want to sound negative, but for the Linea/GP there is NO 1.6 petrol engine. I mean they have a 1.4 TC, 1.6 multijet along with the one's in india. Was checking out fiat's uk site..

Also I guess that the gear and speed issues (120 km/h @3000 rpm) may be primarily because other than india, all the new fire/multijet engine's use a 6 speed gear box in the international market!!

IMHO India's 5 speed gbox is barely able to transfer the power produced by the 1.4, 1.3 engine's on the road..

So if Fiat India plans to install bigger engine's it may be the 1.6 multijet or a 1.4 TJet . with ESP.. or can the palio 1.6 accommodate in the new punto/linea chassis??

Amogh, were the test cars 3-door punto's?? waiting for the pics..
Old 25th August 2009, 22:29   #1074
BHPian

Hi,

Their is an option in E pack variant, passenger side airbag can be switched off/on, is their any particular reason for this??
Old 25th August 2009, 22:34   #1075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Their is an option in E pack variant, passenger side airbag can be switched off/on, is their any particular reason for this??
When a small child is sitting in the front seat, it is advisable to switch off the airbag.
Old 26th August 2009, 09:25   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja View Post
Hi Nav, How you able to get 14-15 mileage. I tried so much but still not able to get above 12kmpl.
thanks
It all could be depending on traffic condition. I don't think I drive in traffic bad than what you will get in Delhi and hence a better figure. Also I avoid rush hour traffic by leaving early from home for office.
I try to keep the needle around 1.5 to 2k rpm and mostly use 4th/5th gear (except for stop go crawl).
Old 26th August 2009, 10:02   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It all could be depending on traffic condition. I don't think I drive in traffic bad than what you will get in Delhi and hence a better figure. Also I avoid rush hour traffic by leaving early from home for office.
I try to keep the needle around 1.5 to 2k rpm and mostly use 4th/5th gear (except for stop go crawl).
thanks, i'll keep it in mind not to rev too much too. as soon as I get my car that is It's great to see a fuel-efficient 1.4 petrol.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:16   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
I own a red 1.4. Here is my ownership thread.

In city, I'm getting average of around 14-15 (driving in mild traffic). On highway I have got around 17, with speeds not exceeding 100. The car has so far done 900+km's.
The highway mileage is too low, speciall not exceeding 100. I always manage to get close to 25 Kmpl if I don't cross 100.

Linea manual has a hint for the mileage drive: right gear for the right speed.

For example, at 40Kmph speed, fifth gear would drink more fuel than fourth gear (while letting it roll without pressing accelerator). Similarly, trying to accelerate quicker by slotting in higher gear and by pressing more throttle will drink more fuel. If there is an urgency to zoom, slot in lower gear and zoom and shift quickly to higher gear once the speed is good enough. Always lift your right foot away from throttle when not necessary. For instance, you are driving constantly at 80Kmph, you could do it pressing the throttle only once in a while abruptly or you could keep pressing very light all the time. The first option will give far better mileage than the later option. That little light throttling injects fuel and most of the time goes waste as vehicle is already rolling at 80.

Like 40Kmph should be in fourth gear, not in fifth gear, 20Kmph should be in 2nd gear, not in third gear. Even though the vehicle can pull from 800rpm, we should never drive at that rpm, not even when it is rolling on its own, because ECU inject more fuel when we do that (one can observe it from the instantaneous mileage). Keep the needle always above 1100 rpm. And remember to press only abruptly when maintaining a speed (i.e. not accelerating).

Last edited by opendro : 26th August 2009 at 10:20.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:10   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The highway mileage is too low, speciall not exceeding 100. I always manage to get close to 25 Kmpl if I don't cross 100.
The Ic do shows 20+ when driving at constant speed of around 80-100. Since I have to slow down/stop/brake/change gears, the overall mileage over 67.7km's stretch of highway (with an average speed of 61km/hr) is what I said was 17.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:16   #1080
Senior - BHPian

On the engine's part:

1. I had a brief discussion with one of the FIAT dealership owners about the new models or variants in Linea/Punto and he said Linea Automatic is on cards. I remember he mentioned about 1.9 MJD for this automatic thing. Either he was pulling my leg or FIAT is seriously thinking about the auto tranny thing.

2. One of the FIAT technicians in Pune (closely involved with FIAT) told me about 1.6 petrol engine being on test. It would be the same GTX engine with tweaks.

Looking at these persons I dont think this is fake. The FIAT technician confirmed about the Punto FGT engine almost 6 months back before it was launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks