Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 15:31   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Pete's tuning box is now avaliable for the Punto and i20. Punto gets 90bhp while i20 gets 110bhp.

My, that's tempting, any of you Punto folks decided to jump in and install Petes?
Old 27th August 2009, 16:02   #1097
BHPian

Speaking about gear issues from most punto owners..

I have been wondering about the indian 5 speed transmission in the punto.. Is this specially made for the punto or just picked off from a earlier model (hint: indian version fiat vehicles) and minor changes to fit in the punto??

And how much would it have cost FIAT extra to give that 6-speed box in india?? are they planning to some time soon???
Old 28th August 2009, 10:47   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
2. One of the FIAT technicians in Pune (closely involved with FIAT) told me about 1.6 petrol engine being on test. It would be the same GTX engine with tweaks.
Thats good news for all auto journalist and few enthusiast cribbing about current engine line, however the pricepoint easily will go up by 100K-125K. In my opinion, it will not smooth sail, considering that Linea will have to rub shoulders with likes of NNHC, Optra, Octavia and may be Cruze at that level.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:29   #1099
BHPian

Punto's Turning Radius

A question on Punto's turning radius.

Will the higher turning radius of punto affect only while taking U turns or will it also affect the parking in and out between two cars? Many a times i park my Indica between two cars on a busy road.

I have finalised on the Punto as my next car and am a little worried about the parking bit but not unduly towards taking u turns as the no of instances would be very less.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:09   #1100

Sneak peak into Punto Evo

Here is a sneak peak into the next upgrade to Punto - 'Punto Evo'

Fixed It Again, Tony: Fiat previews new Frankfurt-bound Punto Evo — Autoblog
Old 31st August 2009, 21:20   #1101
BHPian

Hmmm, this EVo looks like a car with attitude. Don't know if and when this version will make it to India.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:45   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
A question on Punto's turning radius.

Will the higher turning radius of punto affect only while taking U turns or will it also affect the parking in and out between two cars? Many a times i park my Indica between two cars on a busy road.

I have finalised on the Punto as my next car and am a little worried about the parking bit but not unduly towards taking u turns as the no of instances would be very less.
What I feel: Taking FULL (turning till the steering wheel locks) left/right turns will be bigger, but within the turning limits of the steering, parking in tight spots shouldn't be a problem. Experts, correct me if i'm wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinder View Post
Here is a sneak peak into the next upgrade to Punto - 'Punto Evo'

Fixed It Again, Tony: Fiat previews new Frankfurt-bound Punto Evo — Autoblog
I personally liked only the rear, tail lamps. Giving me idea's for my coming punto. Someone else also posted the pics earlier..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1437924
Old 1st September 2009, 09:32   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
What I feel: Taking FULL (turning till the steering wheel locks) left/right turns will be bigger, but within the turning limits of the steering, parking in tight spots shouldn't be a problem. Experts, correct me if i'm wrong..
You are right. For parking in tight spots, length of the car matters (shorter the better), not the turning radius. Shorter turning radius helps to some extent in cases of parallel parking. Even otherwise, one just has to make a couple of to-and-fro to get there. In other forms of parking, one wouldn't even get to lock the steering to any side, irrespective of the turning radius.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:27   #1104
Senior - BHPian

From the Punto Evo press release:

Quote:
the new Punto Evo also offers Start&Stop, the system that switches off and restarts the engine in stop-and-go traffic.
Quote:
making its first appearance on the Punto Evo is "Blue&Me–TomTom", the new portable satellite navigation unit that lets you manage telephone, navigation and information functions on a practical colour touch-screen.
Quote:
the Punto Evo sets new standards thanks to 7 airbags, including a driver knee airbag. The Punto Evo is one of very few cars in its segment with a driver knee airbag fitted as standard on all versions. Other innovative safety systems are also available, including Hill-Holder to help with hill starts, adaptive 'cornering' front fog lights that switch on automatically with dipped headlights according to the angle of steering, and Fiat's tried and tested ABS, EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution) and ESP (Electronic Stability Program) systems.
And look what we get in India .

Quote:
he epithet "Evo" identifies a level of car design that is capable of satisfying even the most demanding customers in terms of technology, driving pleasure and respect for the environment.
Well worded press release. They have a full section on how the car is friendly to the environment too. Will someone please teach the guys at Fiat India on how to do a good press release?!

Last edited by amit : 1st September 2009 at 10:29.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:27   #1105
BHPian

Can anyone put some light on the quality of the battery used in the Punto??

Is it a regular one which will go kaput early and then i will be forced to buy a better ATB OR is it a better quality one where i wont need to up grade???

Secondly, where can I find a PDF version of the Indian GP manual?

Thanx
Old 1st September 2009, 18:20   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Can anyone put some light on the quality of the battery used in the Punto??

Is it a regular one which will go kaput early and then i will be forced to buy a better ATB OR is it a better quality one where i wont need to up grade???

Secondly, where can I find a PDF version of the Indian GP manual?

Thanx
Why did this question even come to your mind? Even the ones in Tata Indica V2 DLS batteries used to last 4 or 5 years.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:15   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Why did this question even come to your mind? Even the ones in Tata Indica V2 DLS batteries used to last 4 or 5 years.
OT:
Opendro, I owned a DLX Turbo, in june, after 2 yrs of purchase of my turbo; the stock "exide" battery died taking along the alternator, which left me stranded in a new city (was traveling). Bought a ATB exide (after hunting for a battery dealer for 6 hrs) premium quality and repaired the alternator under extended warranty (when reached back home).

Then in July, Had to sell her (due to some reasons) since the offer was not convincing, i thought of keeping the new battery i bought.. (maybe someone may need it or my new car whichever it was)

Now i'm buying a car.. so i thought if the battery quality is not good in the punto may be replace it with this one and avoid the same situation if arises.. just delay it by some more years.

So the battery in the punto is of a better quality?? as a relative might be needing a battery; need to decide soon weather to keep mine or give it to him.. Coz I'm getting delivery by the 9th of this month..

Thanx
Old 1st September 2009, 23:53   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
From the Punto Evo press release:

And look what we get in India .

Well worded press release. They have a full section on how the car is friendly to the environment too. Will someone please teach the guys at Fiat India on how to do a good press release?!
Could you tell how this start/stop system works. Will not the air-conditioner put excess load on the battery every time the engine stops or is the air-conditioner switched off during this time rendering the occupants sweaty during the innumerable and long goods trains crossing that we have in our area.
Would love to have Tom-Tom installed in my car though...
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:25   #1109
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Hmmm, this EVo looks like a car with attitude. Don't know if and when this version will make it to India.
Looks like they mated a Punto with a 500 to produce this Evo.

Old 2nd September 2009, 09:18   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Would love to have Tom-Tom installed in my car though...
TomTom does not have any credible maps available for India. For driving in India, best bet is mapmyindia dot com. They have plenty of variants available starting from standalone display to a HTC based nav system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks