Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 15:10   #1231
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Does the Punto manual come with the running-in instructions for the car ? I didn't find anything from a quick look at the manual.
Our new car running-in article will tell you more than ANY owners manual. Please refer to the said link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paritosh2k View Post
A reassuring observation. What is the reason for this behaviour?
Ergonomical / design defect. The gap between the clutch pedal (when fully pressed) and the steering rack is not sufficient. Neither is there a cover around the floor to prevent you from feeling it.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:49   #1232
BHPian

l/100 km format to km/l format

Hi,

Can anyone explain to change the instantaneous consumption display from l/100 km format to km/l format?

I went for a TD in two showrooms and both salesmen didnt had a an idea to change it.
Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 17:49   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi,

Can anyone explain to change the instantaneous consumption display from l/100 km format to km/l format?

I went for a TD in two showrooms and both salesmen didnt had a an idea to change it.
Thanks
Menu > units. explore it. (press menu again to enter & + - to go up and down in the list.)
Old 4th November 2009, 20:30   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Does the punto come with Bridgestones as well ? Mine came with Goodyear GT3. Anyone got bridgestones from the OEM ?
Old 4th November 2009, 20:40   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Does the punto come with Bridgestones as well ? Mine came with Goodyear GT3. Anyone got bridgestones from the OEM ?
Emotion Pack = Goodyear

Emotion = Bridgestone
Old 5th November 2009, 08:21   #1236
Senior - BHPian

My right indicator has become erratic and these's some sort of an indicator which is now always lit up. I checked up the manual and it says 'indicator light failure'. But my indicator is working..its just a lot faster now..wierd. Any ideas anyone?

I've been trying to take out free time to write up my experience with the punto..i'll post it soon
Old 5th November 2009, 10:29   #1237
Senior - BHPian

^^

One of the indicator bulbs must have blown out!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 11:12   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
My right indicator has become erratic and these's some sort of an indicator which is now always lit up. I checked up the manual and it says 'indicator light failure'. But my indicator is working..its just a lot faster now..wierd. Any ideas anyone?

I've been trying to take out free time to write up my experience with the punto..i'll post it soon
one of your indicator bulbs is blown out
Old 5th November 2009, 11:25   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

Even I faced the same problem. My front right indicator was showing malfunction.

First I thought it was fused. the MID showed "front right indicator error" and whenever I gave the right indicator signal, the indicator in dash would flash really fast as if it was on fire and from outside; the front right light was dead.

Took her to the SC. Turns out it was a fitting problem, loose connection. It took him nearly half hour to fix it right... The bulb holder needed some pin setting to fit perfectly in the head light slot.. I guess in the factory they just pushed it in and was held in place for some time till it poped out..

Take her to a SC (without appointment). Wont need to create a job card for such a minor issue. Turn on the hazard lights and check which light is not glowing.

Last edited by TC_aashay : 5th November 2009 at 11:36.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:23   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Even I faced the same problem. My front right indicator was showing malfunction.

Take her to a SC (without appointment). Wont need to create a job card for such a minor issue. Turn on the hazard lights and check which light is not glowing.
Happened to me too , minor issue , 10 Mins job .
Old 7th November 2009, 12:54   #1241
BHPian

Dear BHPians , Im planning to buy a Punto MJD . However I have a small question running in my mind . If anybody can clarify
I have situation ,I may not use the car regulary as i go to office in my company commutation arrangement . I may use it only in the weekends that too just inside the city . that might add up to cover 300-400 kms / month . Once in 2 months i will travel out of city to my native which is approximately 500-Kms to & fro travel .
so to sum it up approx 500- 600 kms in total / month overall

I kno many people may suggest to go to a petrol version as the running is less . However Im also thinking about the future. the whole scenario may change , I might change job & might have to arrange my own travel to office which may lead to rise in my Kms/ month .I dont want to feel the petrol pinch anytime in the future & regret on that day for not buying a diesel

However here I would like to know . does this generation diesel engines like MJD's have problems of starting or any other niggling issues if its kept idle for a long period or made to run less. Also do you feel my decision of diesel would be right keeping in mind the above situation of mine
Old 7th November 2009, 14:45   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
If there is no hidden meaning, I think PIP 1.4 could be the TJ 1,4, and PIP D2 could be 1.3 MJD with VGT.
Oh man, how did I miss this page? First the news of test punto's still out on roads and then this speculation!

I will definitely be standing in line with booking amount if the Punto comes out in either of these engine specs.
Old 7th November 2009, 14:51   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
However here I would like to know . does this generation diesel engines like MJD's have problems of starting or any other niggling issues if its kept idle for a long period or made to run less. Also do you feel my decision of diesel would be right keeping in mind the above situation of mine
Given you requirements I dont see any problem in going for the diesel. Probably one precaution you may have to take is the fuel you put in. I feel low running and less-than-average fuel quality in combination may affect the car's performance and life over a longer term. Just a precaution.

And ya, I definitely feel your monthly running km's estimation will definitely go up by 50% after you have actually bought the car. You may see yourself using the car quite a few times in place of your company conveyance or the frequency of your outstation drives going up. So I am not ruling out this possibility.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2009, 16:30   #1244
BHPian

Thanks Jagan for your valuable inputs . The recommendation of a good quality fuel will Surely remain in in my mind
Also Im sure you have a great time driving your two stallions.
Old 9th November 2009, 01:10   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
I kno many people may suggest to go to a petrol version as the running is less . However Im also thinking about the future. the whole scenario may change , I might change job & might have to arrange my own travel to office which may lead to rise in my Kms/ month .I dont want to feel the petrol pinch anytime in the future & regret on that day for not buying a diesel
If you can afford the extra initial cost of MJD over the petrol variant, there is nothing wrong in going for it. If you anticipate increase in running, it will not be a bad choice.
Just to give an example, my monthly running used to be 500-600 KMs with my M800. But with Punto now, i have already covered 1200 KMs in 3 weeks (which includes 300 KMs of BLR-MYS trip which i would have avoided in M800). Even if you exclude that, it's more than what I used to drive earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks