Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 08:14   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
@Aarenes, Amartya

I'm not sure on the manufatured month part, but if you feel that your clutch travel is long, then ask your service personal to replace it with the newly designed CSC, it not only reduced the clutch travel but also removed the jerk which I get when I change gears.

For around 12,000km I was travelling with the old CSC, the clutch travel used to be long and it annoys me whenver I try to overtake or try to move fast. But today morning, the drive had a whole new experience. I was surprised. Infact, the gear play which I had, had completely vanished. The gear change feels solid and not rubbery as it used to be.

I checked the bill, those guys have replaced a few more things under warranty without my knowledge.

Good going Fiat!

P.S: forget to add, the noise level has gone further down. In fact I felt like driving a petrol car :o)
Cliffhanger - so you insisted on having your CSC changed even though your car was not on the list? And they did it free of cost under warranty? I am going to write to Fiat but I want to frame it correctly.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:07   #1502
BHPian

Any news on whether the CSC issue is sorted out in the last few months' models/2010 models?
Old 16th February 2010, 00:35   #1503
BHPian

Need help & advice

Today morning I started my Punto 1.4 after 15 days as I was out of station.I observed some noise coming from the steering when I turn on the engine and shift gears and move forward. The noise is more like a constant squeal like a some race car engine sound. And it remains constantly all the way. And when in neutral I turned the steering completely to the right and then to the left, and I still hear a sound.

Any one had this problem, is this something to worry about. I have first service due on 21st, is it safe to drive till then with this problem.

Last edited by samsan02 : 16th February 2010 at 00:38.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:39   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Today morning I started my Punto 1.4 after 15 days as I was out of station.I observed some noise coming from the steering when I turn on the engine and shift gears and move forward. The noise is more like a constant squeal like a some race car engine sound. And it remains constantly all the way. And when in neutral I turned the steering completely to the right and then to the left, and I still hear a sound.

Any one had this problem, is this something to worry about. I have first service due on 21st, is it safe to drive till then with this problem.

Thats a belt slipping sound. delaying the fix will rapidly wear out the belt
Old 16th February 2010, 08:12   #1505
BHPian

Thanks for the review GTO. My friend is interested in buying a new Punto. Will tell him to go through this once.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:03   #1506
BHPian

I would like to know whether or not have the people back at fiat have brought any changes in the CSC or is it the same old one, as i'll be taking delivery coming friday. If not then i'll have to ask them to do the needful

Regards,
Jasveen
Old 16th February 2010, 14:12   #1507
BHPian

Guys , test drove the MJD and a 1.4 FIRE, i loved the torque of the multijet.My avg. use would only be around 500-600 kms. Will i face any issues if get the MJD and dont run it much?? Plz. advice.

Last edited by pusako : 16th February 2010 at 14:14.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:24   #1508
BHPian

@ Aarenes & others who have doubts on CSC & long clutch play - I really don't know whether these issues are solved in the latest Puntos. I would suggest you guys to drive someone's Punto whose CSC has been changed and if you find any difference with your cars, talk to your service personal on this.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:25   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Punto MDJ owners, how are your FE figures?
My 1.3 has completed 8k. The FE is stuck at 17.5 km/lit in the city. Highway figures vary between 20 - 22 km/lit

All figures are with ACC constantly ON with temperature set to 21 deg cel
Old 16th February 2010, 14:31   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Guys , test drove the MJD and a 1.4 FIRE, i loved the torque of the multijet.My avg. use would only be around 500-600 kms. Will i face any issues if get the MJD and dont run it much?? Plz. advice.
I don't think there will be any adverse effect if you are not running more in case of MJD.

Earlier, the say was there from a logical perspective as you spend a lot more upfront on diesel models plus high maintenance and that you have to recover through your running cost ( the difference between Petrol and diesel cost ) .

But considering the price difference between FIRE and MJD equivalent models are only in the range of 40K, you should go ahead with the MJD if you like that as the maintenance part is almost same nowadays for Petrol and Diesel engines ( not sure about the cost in longer run though , say 100K kms ).

Maybe somebody who owns a MJD and done close to 100k can comment on the maintenance part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
My 1.3 has completed 8k. The FE is stuck at 17.5 km/lit in the city. Highway figures vary between 20 - 22 km/lit

All figures are with ACC constantly ON with temperature set to 21 deg cel
Wow! In city drive you are getting 17-18Kmpl!

Amogh, by any chance did you changed the shoes to primacy LC ( as Michelin claims that would reduce the fuel consumption by 15% ) . Sorry if I missed this in your ownership thread.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:53. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 16th February 2010, 16:35   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thats a belt slipping sound. delaying the fix will rapidly wear out the belt
Thanks Mpower!
Again today its the same sound but it has increased significantly so left it at parking and didn't take it out, will take it on friday for servicing and get it fixed. Will update on that later. I have hardly driven my car just 800km in 3 months all in city and this happened. I hope its just the slipping belt and nothing major.

Quote:
Thanks Mpower!
Again today its the same sound but it has increased significantly so left it at parking and didn't take it out, will take it on friday for servicing and get it fixed. Will update on that later. I have hardly driven my car just 800km in 3 months all in city and this happened. I hope its just the slipping belt and nothing major.
I had a look under the bonnet and the constant sound is coming from below the engine some where. And this comes whenever the engine is switched on. When I press the gas pedal it increases and its more audible. I checked the belts and they seemed fine. Not sure if its something to do with the steering thou.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:54. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 19th February 2010, 19:00   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
I had a look under the bonnet and the constant sound is coming from below the engine some where. And this comes whenever the engine is switched on. When I press the gas pedal it increases and its more audible. I checked the belts and they seemed fine. Not sure if its something to do with the steering thou.
Did you hit some bump/stone recently? I was having that "sporty" sound coming whenever I would accelerate. The reason was a gone loose exhaust as a stone has hit it during a trip.
Old 20th February 2010, 23:15   #1513
BHPian

Guys, I'd posted a comment on the CEO corner of Fiat India's website complaining about the limited colour range on the Punto.

Just got a mail from Tarun Khanna (Head-Marketing) stating that two new colours will be added in March. The Fox Trot Azure from the Linea and a new shade of red.

Bravo Fiat! Bravo! I appreciate the promptness...
Old 21st February 2010, 00:48   #1514
BHPian

In the last one week a couple of strangers stopped by to inquire about my GP. I felt really glad. After the initial average kya hai, fiat service, spare parts availability queries both of them bowled a googly.

"But what made you spend 7 lacs on a small car like GP. You could have easily bought yourself a Dzire"... [I declared myself out hit wicket]

I still don't know if I should answer this question. Even if I have to any ideas for a "shortest" possible answer (that does not sound rude)?
Old 21st February 2010, 01:33   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
Wow! In city drive you are getting 17-18Kmpl!

Amogh, by any chance did you changed the shoes to primacy LC ( as Michelin claims that would reduce the fuel consumption by 15% ) . Sorry if I missed this in your ownership thread.
Nope !! I am running on stock tyres (Goodyear GT 3's)

What Michelin says is just a "claim" !! I can show you people who have Primary LC's on their Punto and get 15% less FE

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 21st February 2010 at 01:35.

Most Viewed