Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 11:02   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

I enquired about new colours both prerana & concord of bengaluru, they don't have any info on the same, i want to see the new red shade, if possible post the reply mail from fiat to here, so that i try to confirm from dealers.
Well, this is the Mail as I received from them:

Dear Sir

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are working on the same. In the month of march we will be launching the fox trot azure on punto, and also a new dard red. These new additions, i am sure will add excitement to the color palette.

Best regards,

Tarun Khanna
Head-Marketing
Old 6th March 2010, 12:53   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Well, this is the Mail as I received from them:

Dear Sir

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are working on the same. In the month of march we will be launching the fox trot azure on punto, and also a new dard red. These new additions, i am sure will add excitement to the color palette.

Best regards,

Tarun Khanna
Head-Marketing
same red as on the Linea; more of a maroonish colour? I think it'll look superb.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:13   #1548
BHPian

Guys, Does the songs from the USB play properly and does it recognize all the tracks in the drive?? Also has anyone tried a 8gb pen drive???
Old 6th March 2010, 20:20   #1549
BHPian

Every petrol hatch (Ritz, swift, i20, polo, figo, jazz) has 1.2 engines and are enjoying the small-engine excise benefit.

So Fiat is also trying to get on that bandwagon I guess.
I wonder if they will eventually discontinue 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Fiat is adding Dynamic and Emotion Version in its Euro4 spec engine series for 1.2 , 8V 65CV / 48KW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
Also he confirmed the launch of 1.2 dynamic and Emotion as describing two new Punto models. At first I thought one of them would be Sport! but soon got sad after hearing 1.2.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:56   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other points:
• Fiat consciously didn’t get the 1.6 100 BHP engine, as it was this engine that contributed to the Palio’s fuel guzzler image.
How true is this? A colleague bought a used Palio 1.6 and with a relaxed foot & the AC running he manages 11Kmpl in the city cycle. This is not bad at all for a 1.6L engine under a very heavy car.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:47   #1551
Senior - BHPian

FE figures are all about driving style. I have got 7.6 in my 1.2 Palio on one trip from Chennai to Bangalore and 12+ doing the same trip another week and both trips took roughly the same time to complete
Old 8th March 2010, 09:57   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Then electric blue hasn't really sold well. So can anyone confirm if that colour will be discontinued and replaced with FTA? Or FTA will be the 7th colour?
Old 8th March 2010, 14:33   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Then electric blue hasn't really sold well. So can anyone confirm if that colour will be discontinued and replaced with FTA? Or FTA will be the 7th colour?
Oh! I own that electric blue one, so do they plan to discontinue Electric Blue. I thought it did sell reasonably well thou not like a red. I dont think they would discontinue that. Most of the ads also they use it. FTA and the flameco red will be two new additions to the existing colors I guess.

Last edited by samsan02 : 8th March 2010 at 14:38.
Old 8th March 2010, 19:53   #1554
BHPian

Sid you are right. According to the sales guy , most sold colours are minimum grey , medium grey and white. In Bangalore there are very few occasions where I was able to spot a electric blue GP but able to spot White and minimum grey multiple times in a day.

Regarding the colours , I think it's going to be added in the list.

One question to all GP owners . I am going to book a GP next week , so is it really a must to change the GT3s ? Also do you guys think that changing the speakers should be done from showroom itself or I can get it done outside? I am asking this because somewhere I read that during putting things back after changing the speakers , there are instances that it was not done properly and hence resulted in vibrations and rattling sounds from the doors .
Old 8th March 2010, 20:14   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
One question to all GP owners . I am going to book a GP next week , so is it really a must to change the GT3s ? Also do you guys think that changing the speakers should be done from showroom itself or I can get it done outside? I am asking this because somewhere I read that during putting things back after changing the speakers , there are instances that it was not done properly and hence resulted in vibrations and rattling sounds from the doors .
there is no need to change the GT3 as long as you do not intent to do very very fast highway runs.
You can get the speakers replaced at any reputed installer just make sure they do it in front of you properly
Old 8th March 2010, 20:42   #1556
Distinguished - BHPian

GT3 are not good tires i know. I had them in my Accent, one of them once blew at 180kph. This tire's grip levels are poor. But in Punto the tires are pretty wide Plus the grip levels are very high. I drive a Punto with GT3 tires and rarely with spirited cornering they start screaming and giving up. The braking grip is again very good.

The upgrade is not required unless you plan to drive the car flat out and do some spirited cornering frequently.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:01   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
How true is this? A colleague bought a used Palio 1.6 and with a relaxed foot & the AC running he manages 11Kmpl in the city cycle. This is not bad at all for a 1.6L engine under a very heavy car.
When the 1.6GTX was launched (2002 ?) the other "normal" hatches (M800, zen, santro) were all getting more than 11kmpl; few people realized the potential of the car then, fewer realize the potential now.

So it ended up with the gas guzzler image instead of something like a "guided missile" image which it truly deserved. It was simply ahead of it's time.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 8th March 2010 at 21:02.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:17   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
GT3 are not good tires i know. I had them in my Accent, one of them once blew at 180kph. This tire's grip levels are poor. But in Punto the tires are pretty wide Plus the grip levels are very high. I drive a Punto with GT3 tires and rarely with spirited cornering they start screaming and giving up. The braking grip is again very good.

The upgrade is not required unless you plan to drive the car flat out and do some spirited cornering frequently.
@anshuman, the GT3 for sure are crappy tires. Did a sharp turn at over 30KMPH+ turn in my friend's Linea and the tires started screaming for grip.

Imagine a neat set of tires in place of the GT3, it will make the already handling & braking well GP & Linea much more awesome to drive.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:56   #1559
BHPian

Thanks a lot Anshuman,ms001 and anachronix for sharing your experience and viewpoint.

But I am still confused about changing it. Anyway I guess it will all come down to funds which will decide whether to change it or not. As mentioned in other GP and Linea threads I would go for Primacy LC , that would be good right ?

Regarding the speakers what do you guys suggest ? My budget would be around 25K in total and in case if I decide to change the GT3s I guess I have to spend around 12K( with buy back of those GT3s ) for 5 MPLC so effectively for speakers I am left with 12-13K only . What do you guys suggest for this amount which will bring quite a bit of change in listening experience ?

Last edited by worldcrawler : 8th March 2010 at 21:57.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:06   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Leaving aside the grip , the GT3's sure are noisy. Change them if fund permits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks