Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 14:59   #1801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
How do one know the difference?
The dashboard plastic has a softer matte feel like Linea.
Old 24th April 2010, 16:16   #1802
BHPian

Can someone please post pictures of the punto in the new wine red colour? I have not managed to see any till date.
Old 24th April 2010, 16:21   #1803
BHPian

guys check out my new thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ll-circle.html
Old 24th April 2010, 17:55   #1804
BHPian

Folks, so my first steps towards bringing home the Punto are set in motion! I was at Concorde (mys road) earlier today and below are my discussions/observations:

- deal on Emotion Pk is like whatever all the others have already mentioned. Since I am going through company lease, will get discount of insurance (~9k) + cash discount + RSA + ext warranty

- it appears there arent too many Euro IV models in stock! apparently all the exotica reds are booked and some others (black, grey and white) are blocked. So, I will need to wait until the next shipment arrives for the red color. But there are still some Euro 3 models available

- dealer is willing to provide some additional offers for the Euro 3 models, but I'm not so keen on that.

- as per the SP, the electic blue color is likely to be phased out due to lack of buying interest among people. Blue was my first choice, but now need to opt for red, cos BN white unfortunately has not many takers at home :(

- dealer also has some '09 models, which he is willing to trade at further attractive discounts, which I'm not interested!

- Punto sports is "likely" to be launched around mid-end of next month. The expected OTR price is ~80-100k more than current Emo Pk. This was the car I was waiting for eagerly, but I guess I'll let it pass, cos I'm not so keen to spend 8l upwards on a hatch!

- I was very keen to have a look at the Tuscan wine color, but they had none in stock and nor were there any orders for that color!
Old 24th April 2010, 18:38   #1805
BHPian

when the punto sports is launched,i'm going to cry.
although 8 lakhs otr is rather steep. I doubt fiat would price it that high.

congratulations,the punto is a great car and you will enjoy it immensely
Old 24th April 2010, 20:21   #1806
BHPian

Spend 28K on Pete's Tuning box and get a near Punto 'Sports' performance ..read 90 BHP. Why spend a 1.5 lacs more for that? As for the styling, im sure in another couple of months the Punto accessories store will come up for folks to jazz up their GPs.

- B4W
Old 24th April 2010, 21:39   #1807
BANNED

Can some one help me here !! Here is the link to the problem, I already posted :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1854242
Old 24th April 2010, 22:06   #1808
BHPian

Punto Sports will not be just 90bhp, it is expected to have sun roof and different alloys, all leather seats and some funny (as per me) red trim in dashboard. This was the last know spec of Punto Sports in Auto Expo.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:20   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Punto Sports will not be just 90bhp, it is expected to have sun roof and different alloys, all leather seats and some funny (as per me) red trim in dashboard. This was the last know spec of Punto Sports in Auto Expo.

True...but its only the 90bhp bit that excites me ! ..more of a ' whats under the hood ' kinda guy !

- B4W
Old 24th April 2010, 22:26   #1810
BHPian

Absolutely! Having test driven the Linea with the same engine, am sure the Punto would feel so much more fun to to drive - I agree, throwing in a Pete's would seem far more sensible. OTR prices in Blr are ~7.3L for the Emotion Pk after all the discounts, so in all probability the Sport will cross 8L.
Btw, the display model in auto expo had Momo alloys? I sincerely hope those body graphics dont make it to the production model!
Old 24th April 2010, 23:02   #1811
BHPian

any idea punto sports will have a 6th gear?
Old 24th April 2010, 23:17   #1812
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Spend 28K on Pete's Tuning box and get a near Punto 'Sports' performance ..read 90 BHP. Why spend a 1.5 lacs more for that?
Think about Punto Sports + Pete's!

102 bhp + 220 Nm!
Old 24th April 2010, 23:37   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Spend 28K on Pete's Tuning box and get a near Punto 'Sports' performance ..read 90 BHP. Why spend a 1.5 lacs more for that? As for the styling, im sure in another couple of months the Punto accessories store will come up for folks to jazz up their GPs.

- B4W
With all the 'pete's box disadvantages' going on, I just can't seem to take the plunge, also I'm worried about the ECU picking it up. I would have bought it long ago had these things not been bothering me.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:02   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Absolutely! Having test driven the Linea with the same engine, am sure the Punto would feel so much more fun to to drive - I agree, throwing in a Pete's would seem far more sensible. OTR prices in Blr are ~7.3L for the Emotion Pk after all the discounts, so in all probability the Sport will cross 8L.
Btw, the display model in auto expo had Momo alloys? I sincerely hope those body graphics dont make it to the production model!
Linea is the same spec engine ..read 1.3 MJD, but a VGT, lets in more air, hence the improved torque output. True, I agree the display model graphics weren't a HIT with me either, the alloys were! Personally I would prefer the 'Y' shaped spokes (design - BBS/ TBW) on the alloys, but i wonder if i can get them in Delhi for a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Think about Punto Sports + Pete's!

102 bhp + 220 Nm!

Well the way I see it is Punto Sports + Pete's = 8 lacs + 28 K
Now close to 8.3 Lacs for a Punto, I'd rather look for pre-worshipped civic or a close to brand new ANHC !
I'll let you do the BHP/Nm calculations on both Honda cars !

Out of curiosity, the Pete's T Box adds close to 25 HP to the existing, so a Punto VGT (read 90 BHP) + Pete's should make it close to 115 BHP. How did you arrive at 102 BHP ? Am I missing something here ? Is it even safe to tune the sports Punto using Pete's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
With all the 'pete's box disadvantages' going on, I just can't seem to take the plunge, also I'm worried about the ECU picking it up. I would have bought it long ago had these things not been bothering me.
Isn't Pete's pretty much a DIY kinda thing (put it on / remove it) ? last checked it doesn't get picked up on the ECU data check. Its the ECU remapping which gets caught. How many Kms have you done on your GP ?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
any idea punto sports will have a 6th gear?
Instead, wouldn't you prefer better gear ratios for the orginal 5 gears ?

- B4W

Last edited by better4worse : 25th April 2010 at 00:09. Reason: Typos
Old 25th April 2010, 00:56   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Even if this is going to cross 8L, if the plastic quality / internal fit finish is improved and if lighter colors are used for interiors, this will be a sure winner. Leather seats and sun roof are less important. Polo and i20 buyers will definately be drawn towards it. Numbers can be tripled. This can be the game changer.

But if Interior quality remains the same, people will think twice before spending 8L on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks