Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 10:36   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Hi,

Mine is 500 Kmts and a week old Punto MJD E+, MID shows 13.5-13.8 Kmts/ltr ACC on 100 %. This is 100% city driving, I could see it is improving every day, when I got it was 65 Kmts on ODO and 6.5/kmts on MID!! and a trip to Nandi hills next day took it all the way to 13.4 . I hope it will settle at 16.XX .
I have clocked 18k + kms and i get an average mileage of around 14-17 in mixed driving conditions with A/C ON (City + Highway). And i get 17-18km/l in highways(A/C ON)with somewhat spirited driving. Else when driven very sedately keeping the revs below 2.25k rpm I get 20+ in highways(A/C ON).

The mileages starts dropping pretty fast once you cross 100km/hr. Btw, you will get better figures as you clock more miles . Happy and safe motoring btw.

Regards
Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 28th June 2010 at 10:40. Reason: Corrected the mileage figures! Had a type :(
Old 28th June 2010, 10:43   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Mine is 3500 km run and 1st service done. My recent fill up has returned me 17.3 kmpl (100% AC) with 50% city and 50% highway (Which was mostly ghat roads). In pure 100% city it more or less returns me 14-14.5 kmpl.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:56   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
What kind of highway figures are you hoping for?
I would be happy If I get 18-19 with ACC on. I think it is realistic. Once (only once) I got 21.02 in my WagonR on a Bangalore Mysore round trip with Shell unleaded (max speed 100 less than 5 minutes, avg. 70-90 kmts/ maintained whenever possible and 40 kmts city driving in Mysore). I will try to do the same with my Punto too. It was very easy to do it in WagonR as I feel I'm doing 80 when speedo shows 80 but it in Punto when I'm doing 80 I feel like I'm doing 40 in my WagonR .

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 28th June 2010 at 11:10.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:22   #2299
BHPian

With 1.4 FIRE I get 10.5 to 12.9 kmpl in City. And at times 13.8 kmpl on open stretches in the city. Highway long drives I am yet to try.
Any more petrol Punto FE figures please.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:06   #2300
BHPian

Getting the same with my GP 1.4P in city. I got a milage of around 13.5 to 14 in Highway strectches with AC On all the time.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:18   #2301
BHPian

With my 1.2 Emotion, I'm currently getting around 10.5 KMPL in City with AC on almost all the time. Haven't done any highway drives yet and the vehicle is only around 2 weeks old.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:46   #2302

I own Red Punto MJD Emotion Pack, bought in Aug-09. I would like to share with you all the WORST servicing experience I had. It was 2nd servicing at 15000 km which I completed in 9 months. There was no major issue with the car, except the fuel lid thread breaking twice and bonnet getting jammed due to opener thread dysfunction. But it was resolved before this servicing.
I left the car in the morning and I had planned to go out next day, I requested them to keep the car ready at evening. I reached there at 5.00 pm and waited for an hour as car ws not washed.
Then at around 6.00 pm car was handed over to me. I checked and found everything in order. Then they handed me over a bill of INR 6284, without any details or break up. I was told that they will mail the detailed bill to my address soon. So I checked away from the service center.
When I got the bill few days later, I found that in addition to normal servicing,
additional things like BG-RF OIL TREATMENT and BG ENGINE FLUSH. Also pollen filter and Air filter was not chnaged in spite mention in the service booklet.
When I enquired why this engine tratment was done without informing me I was told that, They do it for every car. I asked further that with synthetic oil and only 15000 kms, it may not really be required, they said, it is recommended by FIAT.
When I enquired at FIAT, they didn't have any idea about this and they couldn't give me satisfactory explanation.
Also they put MOBIL 1 oil instead of recommended Selinia by Fiat that also without my information. Mobil 1 is much costlier than Selenia + Selenia is recommended by FIAT.
Any feedback from anyone about this issue?? I did my servicing at AUTO INDUSTRIES GOA Pvt.Ltd.whcih is one of the oldest dealer of Tata-Fiat and I was not expecting this from them. Also in spite of repeated enquiries, dealer has not yet given me satisfactory explanation about the discrepency.
I have already mailed to Fiat, but got the reply that issue has been forwarded to dealer. So everyhing is standstill. What further step i should take in this matter, so that instances like these should not be repeated with anyone else??
Your expert inputs will be valuable.

Last edited by dr_pankaj : 28th June 2010 at 14:03. Reason: Adding some more things
Old 28th June 2010, 13:54   #2303
BHPian

My 1.2 Emotion giving 13.6 overall highway:city 50:50 with 90% AC. Odo reads 670 kms.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:04   #2304
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ If they say it is recommended from Fiat, Ask them to give this in writing. The Mahindra dealer did the same to our Scorpio, i got the whole amount refunded.

Fiat customer support is joke, i am still awaiting a reply to a e-mail i sent them 6 months back.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:07   #2305

Thanks Anshuman! I will stick to this and get things done.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:16   #2306
BHPian

Why not go and talk to the general manager of the service center in person and explain him the issue. All these supervisors in the service center tend to do this without the notice of general manager. This post is completely based out of my experience.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:33   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_pankaj View Post
I own Red Punto MJD Emotion Pack, bought in Aug-09. I would like to share with you all the WORST servicing experience I had. It was 2nd servicing at 15000 km which I completed in 9 months. There was no major issue with the car, except the fuel lid thread breaking twice and bonnet getting jammed due to opener thread dysfunction. But it was resolved before this servicing.
I left the car in the morning and I had planned to go out next day, I requested them to keep the car ready at evening. I reached there at 5.00 pm and waited for an hour as car ws not washed.
Then at around 6.00 pm car was handed over to me. I checked and found everything in order. Then they handed me over a bill of INR 6284, without any details or break up. I was told that they will mail the detailed bill to my address soon. So I checked away from the service center.
When I got the bill few days later, I found that in addition to normal servicing,
additional things like BG-RF OIL TREATMENT and BG ENGINE FLUSH. Also pollen filter and Air filter was not chnaged in spite mention in the service booklet.
When I enquired why this engine tratment was done without informing me I was told that, They do it for every car. I asked further that with synthetic oil and only 15000 kms, it may not really be required, they said, it is recommended by FIAT.
When I enquired at FIAT, they didn't have any idea about this and they couldn't give me satisfactory explanation.
Also they put MOBIL 1 oil instead of recommended Selinia by Fiat that also without my information. Mobil 1 is much costlier than Selenia + Selenia is recommended by FIAT.
Any feedback from anyone about this issue?? I did my servicing at AUTO INDUSTRIES GOA Pvt.Ltd.whcih is one of the oldest dealer of Tata-Fiat and I was not expecting this from them. Also in spite of repeated enquiries, dealer has not yet given me satisfactory explanation about the discrepency.
I have already mailed to Fiat, but got the reply that issue has been forwarded to dealer. So everyhing is standstill. What further step i should take in this matter, so that instances like these should not be repeated with anyone else??
Your expert inputs will be valuable.

This is rubbish, Selenia is what fiat recommends. Mobil 1 is only if you specifically ask for it. Also your bill amount is usually supposed to be less than 4500, please do post the break up to ensure you haven't paid anything extra.
They haven't changed the pollen filter or the air filter so how is your bill so high ?

Please send an email to the CEO directly.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:35   #2308
Senior - BHPian

dr.pankaj send a mail to mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com tell him you got the id from PUG (palio users group) and discuss issue with him. i'm sure he'll help you out.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:24   #2309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
Why not go and talk to the general manager of the service center in person and explain him the issue. All these supervisors in the service center tend to do this without the notice of general manager. This post is completely based out of my experience.
Jobs such as Engine de-carbonising, Engine Flush and Engine additives are done because dealerships have huge margins over these services. Why would a service advisor or other staff do it on their own, unless directed by seniors?
Old 28th June 2010, 17:28   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Guys, some help needed. My parents have just collected their 1.4 E+ from Mysore. The dealer has said since this car is euro 4 and there is no euro 4 fuel available in Mysore, we should use only the premium fuels. I don't see any sense in this as the main difference in Euro 3 and 4 fuels is the sulphur content and premium fuels have the same sulphur content. Will using normal euro 3 petrol cause any problems..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks