Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 19:13   #2446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post

Thanks Krishna! I will try to get the form back from him - but, only once I do the PDI and pay the amount in full will they be able to proceed with the registeration process right? Just worried that asking it back would affect the trust / relation. But if its a must, I should take it back. Anyone?
Yes they'll only send the car for registration after full amount is paid, so you're safe and insist that full amount will be paid only after PDI of your car. So no need to worry.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:20   #2447
Senior - BHPian

@devansn - Congratulations for booking the Punto, fantastic choice, I like the colour you chose as well.
About your questions, well, usually it is suggested that the sun-film shouldn't be done during the monsoons, mainly because the chances of bubbles forming is higher. The rest of the answers are already given in good detail by Nkrishnap.

Do start you ownership thread as and when you receive your car.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:50   #2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Please see my replies in Bold
Regarding "I remember having read somewhere that sticking sunfilm in the rainy season should be avoided. Waiting till October or so is recommended?

I am not too sure on this though I have seen quite a few cars where the sun film is put during the monsoon."

I got 3M put on my Punto just the day before yesterday. I put RE35 - (Total Solar Energy Rejected: 56%, Visible Light Transmission: 37%, UV reduction: 99%). Terrific stuff - no problems with visibility at night.

Could not do it on the delivery date itself as it was raining like crazy in Bangalore that day. On the day I put it, it was quite dry - not sunny. Dark clouds overhead, but dry. Incidentally, the guys come directly from 3M for the installation - it's not done by the Dealer. I was talking to one of the guys, and the reason is - they use a soapy water solution to instal the film. In a wet environment, the water would take longer to dry and could leave behind air bubbles. The sunny weather accelerates the drying process. In any case, they advise you not to use the windows for 24 hours after installation, so that would be a point to remember.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:09   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Krishna, I am the person who has an armrest for the Punto.
You can check the snaps here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1890822-post1983.html
The arm rest looks good, but I am Just curious! are you able to change gears without any obstruction to your elbow. Particularly when you do a 3rd to 4th your elbow should keep touching the arm rest right ! Or do you use just the wrist to change gears. At times when I move the front passenger seat way forward, my left elbow brushes the seat itself.
Can you post one more picture with gear knob and arm rest when clicked from right below the steering, that should be more clear i guess.

Last edited by samsan02 : 14th July 2010 at 12:12.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:45   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
The arm rest looks good, but I am Just curious! are you able to change gears without any obstruction to your elbow. Particularly when you do a 3rd to 4th your elbow should keep touching the arm rest right ! Or do you use just the wrist to change gears. At times when I move the front passenger seat way forward, my left elbow brushes the seat itself.
Can you post one more picture with gear knob and arm rest when clicked from right below the steering, that should be more clear i guess.
I have a similar armrest (Armester One I got from UK), the arm rest actually supports your arm when you change gears, there is considerable distance between the armrest and the gears, you might find disengaging the handbrake a little bit angular, but rest things work just fine. I like the armrest specially during the bumper to bumper traffic, helps in supporting your hand while you keep on holding the gears.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:05   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Yes they'll only send the car for registration after full amount is paid, so you're safe and insist that full amount will be paid only after PDI of your car. So no need to worry.
Although my SA claimed that the PDI they do is sufficient and usually exhaustive, I have particularly asked them to let me know as soon as the car arrives so I can do a team-bhp-prescribed PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
@devansn - Congratulations for booking the Punto, fantastic choice, I like the colour you chose as well.
About your questions, well, usually it is suggested that the sun-film shouldn't be done during the monsoons, mainly because the chances of bubbles forming is higher. The rest of the answers are already given in good detail by Nkrishnap.
Do start you ownership thread as and when you receive your car.
Thanks! Colour choice was another story - since I wanted complete freedom in selecting the car, wifey demanded the colour to be her choice. I let her do that - I knew none of the colours on a Punto really looked bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolichnaya View Post
Regarding "I remember having read somewhere that sticking sunfilm in the rainy season should be avoided. Waiting till October or so is recommended?

I am not too sure on this though I have seen quite a few cars where the sun film is put during the monsoon."

I got 3M put on my Punto just the day before yesterday. I put RE35 - (Total Solar Energy Rejected: 56%, Visible Light Transmission: 37%, UV reduction: 99%). Terrific stuff - no problems with visibility at night.

Could not do it on the delivery date itself as it was raining like crazy in Bangalore that day. On the day I put it, it was quite dry - not sunny. Dark clouds overhead, but dry. Incidentally, the guys come directly from 3M for the installation - it's not done by the Dealer. I was talking to one of the guys, and the reason is - they use a soapy water solution to instal the film. In a wet environment, the water would take longer to dry and could leave behind air bubbles. The sunny weather accelerates the drying process. In any case, they advise you not to use the windows for 24 hours after installation, so that would be a point to remember.
Thanks for making it clear. RE35 was on the sides and back right? What on front? How much did it cost you everything included? The pictures you have uploaded doesn't look with the 3M? If not, can you post some of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
I have a similar armrest (Armester One I got from UK), the arm rest actually supports your arm when you change gears, there is considerable distance between the armrest and the gears, you might find disengaging the handbrake a little bit angular, but rest things work just fine. I like the armrest specially during the bumper to bumper traffic, helps in supporting your hand while you keep on holding the gears.
Is it possible to order this online? How much for it? Pictures? Who will fit it in Mumbai? If its not the dealer, will it void some part of the warranty?
Old 15th July 2010, 08:30   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Stolichnaya, could you please share the pricing for the 3M RE series of Sun Film quoted to you for the Punto. I am planning to get it done soon. Also did u check for pricing for any other variants like RE50 or RE70. I am basically looking for a dark shade for my BS White one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Krishna, I am the person who has an armrest for the Punto.
You can check the snaps here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1890822-post1983.html
Hey gods-envy, Is this Armster Arm-rest from UK (available on ebay too). Could you please share the pricing and issues with ixing it in the Punto, if any?
Old 15th July 2010, 11:58   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Stolichnaya, could you please share the pricing for the 3M RE series of Sun Film quoted to you for the Punto. I am planning to get it done soon. Also did u check for pricing for any other variants like RE50 or RE70. I am basically looking for a dark shade for my BS White one.
It varies from 3500 to 4200, but go for something where they give 3 years warranty. Pricing is same for all RE series, just sides and back thou. 3M guys would come an install, mine two windosw developed bubbles they replaced both free of cost, got it done at sprocket kmgl, you can go to sachin's in kmgl or directly to jayanagar 3M office.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:28   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
It varies from 3500 to 4200, but go for something where they give 3 years warranty. Pricing is same for all RE series, just sides and back thou. 3M guys would come an install, mine two windosw developed bubbles they replaced both free of cost, got it done at sprocket kmgl, you can go to sachin's in kmgl or directly to jayanagar 3M office.
Thanks samsan02. I tried googling but couldn't find the 3M Jayanagar address. Could you please post it here or PM me with the same?
Old 16th July 2010, 05:18   #2455
BHPian

Not a Great Experience so far!

Hi Friends,
One week of ownership and its issue time
My Punto 1.2 Emotion has driven around 225kms so far with no abrupt acceleration and the tacho needle has not crossed 3k rpm. I am now faced with some screeching sound from under the bonet for the second time. This happened on the second day of ownership as well and is more pronounced on Cold-Starts.

The Sales manager from Concorde got it checked and rectified after keeping the car overnight at the service center. This was done on Wednesday. Post the service the sound was not there anymore and they said that its was some minor issue with the some Belt (Alternator Belt, i think). I accepted the glitch and was happy that it is resolved now.

But just now coming to work and the issue is back. The same Screeching sound from the Belt is back. It starts when revving the engine beyond 1500rpm. Its very annoying and definitely not normal.

Also after the first service, the screeching was resolved (temporarily), but the Indicator stalk is not Snapping back in the center position after completing a turn. I have tried all types of Turns ('U' Turn, 90` turn etc.) after engaging the Indicator but it doesn't Snap back.

Has anyone seen these issues? this is very annoying and frustrating!! Sandeep is the Sales Manager there whom i've spoken to all this while, should i escalate to another level (Any Contacts will be helpful)? Or should i try Prerana Motors or someone else!!

Please help me friends!

P.S: MODs I can open a new thread, but was hoping for quick answers from the active members on this thread!
Old 16th July 2010, 05:47   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
One week of ownership and its issue time
My Punto 1.2 Emotion has driven around 225kms so far with no abrupt acceleration and the tacho needle has not crossed 3k rpm. I am now faced with some screeching sound from under the bonet for the second time. This happened on the second day of ownership as well and is more pronounced on Cold-Starts.

The Sales manager from Concorde got it checked and rectified after keeping the car overnight at the service center. This was done on Wednesday. Post the service the sound was not there anymore and they said that its was some minor issue with the some Belt (Alternator Belt, i think). I accepted the glitch and was happy that it is resolved now.

But just now coming to work and the issue is back. The same Screeching sound from the Belt is back. It starts when revving the engine beyond 1500rpm. Its very annoying and definitely not normal.

Also after the first service, the screeching was resolved (temporarily), but the Indicator stalk is not Snapping back in the center position after completing a turn. I have tried all types of Turns ('U' Turn, 90` turn etc.) after engaging the Indicator but it doesn't Snap back.

Has anyone seen these issues? this is very annoying and frustrating!! Sandeep is the Sales Manager there whom i've spoken to all this while, should i escalate to another level (Any Contacts will be helpful)? Or should i try Prerana Motors or someone else!!

Please help me friends!

P.S: MODs I can open a new thread, but was hoping for quick answers from the active members on this thread!
i understand that issues in a new car are very annoying. However, don't worry about this too much, as both the issues seem completely fixable.

a. First issue is probably a belt tensioner issue. This is more urgent and it is imperative to get this fixed.

b. The control stocks might have have broken latches to which the steering pins connect. Not a major problem, the service station should be able to fix this for sure.

Both these will be covered by warranty too.

My suggestion is, go to the same dealership once more, let them know that you are extremely dissatisfied. If they are unable to fix this, go to Prerana Motors, they are reputed to be quite competent.
Old 16th July 2010, 06:13   #2457
Senior - BHPian

screeching noise is belt tensioner issue - Ask the dealer to resolve the issue correctly!

The combination switch needs to be changed IMO
Old 16th July 2010, 10:51   #2458

Quote:
My Punto 1.2 Emotion has driven around 225kms so far with no abrupt acceleration and the tacho needle has not crossed 3k rpm.
My Punto Diesel 1.3 Emotion has also done more or less the same distance, but everytime I change gears, the tacho for an instant goes over 3k and comes back to below 2k. Is that an issue? In my Petrol i10, I tried to keep the revs to around 2k.

I do that here too.. but when I need more oomph to pull away at a traffic signal, it goes over 3k.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:45   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
My Punto Diesel 1.3 Emotion has also done more or less the same distance, but everytime I change gears, the tacho for an instant goes over 3k and comes back to below 2k. Is that an issue? In my Petrol i10, I tried to keep the revs to around 2k.

I do that here too.. but when I need more oomph to pull away at a traffic signal, it goes over 3k.
Hey Bro, First up, Your Punto with those alloys looks great! I showed those pics to my wifey and got her convinced to get me Alloy Wheels soon .

Back to your post, I have a Petrol variant and not diesel so i'm sure the of the behavioral difference in engine RPM. I wouldn't wanna give Wrong info.

Having said that, what i did was, checked the Manual. It says the 1.2 8V engine's max torque is around 2500rpm (i think the 1.3's max Torque is rated around 1750rpm). This would equate to the best acceleration (please correct me if this is incorrect). So i try to maintain the RPM band of 2k to 3k in all gears. I upshift just below the 3k mark and by the time i release the clutch, the needle drop to 2k. This has so far given me the best "pull" in all gears. And then the run-in threads suggest keeping RPM under 3k, so this way that limit is maintained as well.

This is my experience with the petrol engine. I would still suggest wait for
comments from the experts who use the 1.3 MJD everyday for more insight.

Hope this helps!

P.S: Update on my issue from this morning, as suggested I spoke to Sandeep (Sales Manager) one more time (much more stern than my usual tone ). He got the car picked by the Service Guy 30mins ago and promises to delivery it with everything rectified by 2pm. Fingers Crossed!!

Last edited by Zenster : 16th July 2010 at 11:47.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:27   #2460
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
This would equate to the best acceleration (please correct me if this is incorrect).
The peak torque is where you get the best fuel efficiency.

Quote:
P.S: Update on my issue from this morning, as suggested I spoke to Sandeep (Sales Manager) one more time (much more stern than my usual tone ).
Isn't it time now to leave the sales person in peace and get into a better relationship with your service advisor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks