Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 10:34   #2476
BHPian

Just saw today's Times of India, it has advt of the new 90 BHP (94ps) Punto. Finally their marketing is catching up. Anybody tested the 90 BHP car?
Old 20th July 2010, 10:50   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
The arm rest looks good, but I am Just curious! are you able to change gears without any obstruction to your elbow. Particularly when you do a 3rd to 4th your elbow should keep touching the arm rest right ! Or do you use just the wrist to change gears. At times when I move the front passenger seat way forward, my left elbow brushes the seat itself.
Can you post one more picture with gear knob and arm rest when clicked from right below the steering, that should be more clear i guess.
I don't have much of an issue when I change the gear. Or, maybe I have got used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey gods-envy, Is this Armster Arm-rest from UK (available on ebay too). Could you please share the pricing and issues with ixing it in the Punto, if any?
Zenster, No, its not by Armster, I bought this at a shop called India Automotive from J.C Road.
I think I paid 2.5k for it.
The only issue with it is, you cannot lift off the hand rest if you do not wish to use it, similar to how it is on the Linea.

Quote:
Thanks samsan02. I tried googling but couldn't find the 3M Jayanagar address. Could you please post it here or PM me with the same?
Zenster, Try going to Junction at Jayanagar.
To get there, take a left after the Jayanagar 4th block bus stand and proceed towards Jayanagar 4th-T Block.
The shop is just 200 mts from that junction.
I got my 3M from them itself.
They have done a good job. I paid 2k for it.
Old 20th July 2010, 11:18   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
I don't have much of an issue when I change the gear. Or, maybe I have got used to it

Zenster, No, its not by Armster, I bought this at a shop called India Automotive from J.C Road.
I think I paid 2.5k for it.
The only issue with it is, you cannot lift off the hand rest if you do not wish to use it, similar to how it is on the Linea.

Zenster, Try going to Junction at Jayanagar.
To get there, take a left after the Jayanagar 4th block bus stand and proceed towards Jayanagar 4th-T Block.
The shop is just 200 mts from that junction.
I got my 3M from them itself.
They have done a good job. I paid 2k for it.
Gods-Envy, thanks for the details. I thought you had this armster punto items - Get great deals on Vehicle Parts Accessories, Interior items on eBay UK! from the description, may bad. I wanted something like it because i dont know if I'll get used to maneuvering my hand around it as you have one. So I wanted a more flexible design as shown on the ebay pics.

About the 3M Bit, I stay on bnrghatta road and work at Kalyani magnum (jp ngt 7th phase, Dollars Layout). And i'm not too familiar with the 4th T block area. I tried google maps but its too confusing . Are there any phone-numbers for them that you can gimme or any other landmarks around it.

Thanks a lot for the info though, my hunting start now!
Old 20th July 2010, 11:27   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any phone-numbers for them that you can gimme or any other landmarks around it.

Thanks a lot for the info though, my hunting start now!
This is the address that I got off google, which I think is right.

Junction, FOR Car Atttchmnets., 1/21, 9th Main, 32nd Cross, Jayanagar, 4yth Block, Opposite To RV COLLEGE Of PHYSIOTHERAPY, Bangalore-11
Banglaore, Karnataka 560011
080 41462027

Try calling him. His name is Dinesh. In the meanwhile, I shall check the same from my bills and confirm tomorrow.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:49   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
This is the address that I got off google, which I think is right.

Junction, FOR Car Atttchmnets., 1/21, 9th Main, 32nd Cross, Jayanagar, 4yth Block, Opposite To RV COLLEGE Of PHYSIOTHERAPY, Bangalore-11
Banglaore, Karnataka 560011
080 41462027

Try calling him. His name is Dinesh. In the meanwhile, I shall check the same from my bills and confirm tomorrow.
Hey, thanks again brother. I looked this up on maps and it looks close to TMC Electronics. Am i correct. I wanted to go to TMC to get Aux cable anyway

Last edited by Zenster : 20th July 2010 at 13:52.
Old 20th July 2010, 14:56   #2481
BHPian

Fiat India CEO talk with BS

Off topic, but dont want to start another thread here.
Q&A: Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, Fiat India

Expect a mini avtaar of Punto soon
Old 21st July 2010, 12:46   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Off topic, but dont want to start another thread here.
Q&A: Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, Fiat India

Expect a mini avtaar of Punto soon

Another interesting read from today's TOI, refers to the very issues we have been discussing at length on this thread.

Tata power fails to push Fiat sales - India Business - Business - The Times of India

As of now it is TATA who are getting the better out of the TATA-FIAT agreement, I really think they should also start thinking about standalone FIAT COCO Sales and Service centers.

Last edited by better4worse : 21st July 2010 at 12:58.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:06   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Voila, spot on guys, it works and works pretty well ! Pic for the guys who asked for it, the rear AC vent is the one at the bottom.

EDIT: I think we should take this discussion to the regular FIAT PUNTO Test Drive and Review thread.
Wow! More than a year after its launch we discover the rear vents on the Punto, thats cool.
Guess none of us really bother to use it specifically so it was never discovered, just like when buying a car and we do compare features on the nearest competion but hardly bother to really ponder about them later.

Yesterday after coming to know about its co-ordinates, I was too lazy to look under the seats, thought someone will post a pic anyway

Last edited by samsan02 : 21st July 2010 at 15:11.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:44   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! More than a year after its launch we discover the rear vents on the Punto, thats cool.
Guess none of us really bother to use it specifically so it was never discovered, just like when buying a car and we do compare features on the nearest competion but hardly bother to really ponder about them later.

Yesterday after coming to know about its co-ordinates, I was too lazy to look under the seats, thought someone will post a pic anyway
It's especially strange since Hyundai advertises their rear AC vents in the I20 in a big way and no one really knows that the same exist in the Punto. Infact Advaith Hyundai's sales manager tried to convince me to buy the I20 saying that the AC in the Punto is weak and that the I20 had rear vents . It was only till i bought the car and read the manual that i found out these vents existed in the Punto.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:05   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Rear AC vents in Punto! Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Infact Advaith Hyundai's sales manager tried to convince me to buy the I20 saying that the AC in the Punto is weak and that the I20 had rear vents . It was only till i bought the car and read the manual that i found out these vents existed in the Punto.
Newpunter, do you have any idea if these rear AC vents are present on the 1.4FIRE Punto as well or is this a new feature on the recently launched 90bhp 1.3MJD Punto? I've noticed that 90bhp version has acquired many things from Linea 1.3MJD (VGT, white colored speedo/odometers). These rear AC vents were seen only in Linea until now as well.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:05   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Another interesting read from today's TOI, refers to the very issues we have been discussing at length on this thread.

Tata power fails to push Fiat sales - India Business - Business - The Times of India

As of now it is TATA who are getting the better out of the TATA-FIAT agreement, I really think they should also start thinking about standalone FIAT COCO Sales and Service centers.
Hey, thanks for these article guys! I wanted to check with all Fiat-ians in bangalore that which service center in bangalore has a dedicated service staff for Fiat. My car has been with the Concorde Motors service team for 3 days (the third time) and they are still working on the belt noise issue. I checked with the service mech and he agreed that he is trained and handles both Fiat and Tata cars daily. Hence the question!
May be a Fiat exclusive service team in atleast one big dealership will give us a lot of assurance!
FIAT .....
Old 21st July 2010, 17:22   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks for these article guys! I wanted to check with all Fiat-ians in bangalore that which service center in bangalore has a dedicated service staff for Fiat. My car has been with the Concorde Motors service team for 3 days (the third time) and they are still working on the belt noise issue. I checked with the service mech and he agreed that he is trained and handles both Fiat and Tata cars daily. Hence the question!
May be a Fiat exclusive service team in atleast one big dealership will give us a lot of assurance!
FIAT .....
Hi Even I had the issue with the belt noise, which was corrected in my first service. But the same noise developed later with a leaking HPS fluid and so under warranty they replaced the entire steering assembly at concorde Dairy Circle. So maybe ask them to check that too.

But i am not sure my original problem was due to belt noise or HPS fluid leaking, as they both were emitting the same sound. Maybe there was never that belt noise, There were a few other Puntos where HPS assembly was replaced under warranty.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:36   #2488

Quote:
Hey, thanks again brother. I looked this up on maps and it looks close to TMC Electronics. Am i correct. I wanted to go to TMC to get Aux cable anyway
Hang on here! Are you referring to getting a cable to create an AUX port on your music system? Please do let me know if you are able to do that!

I have an iPod which I am not able to use in the Punto, thanks to the built-in Balupunkt not having an AUX port.

I tried with an iTrip from Ebay, but it's not all that hot. Keeps making a burring sound.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:16   #2489
BHPian

Guys just an update on the price of punto. I just checked and guys it awesome news. Punto(p) emotion for 5.95L OTR after all discounts and Punto (p) E+ for 6.6 OTR Mumbai. Thats a massive discount of 40k.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:26   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Newpunter, do you have any idea if these rear AC vents are present on the 1.4FIRE Punto as well or is this a new feature on the recently launched 90bhp 1.3MJD Punto? I've noticed that 90bhp version has acquired many things from Linea 1.3MJD (VGT, white colored speedo/odometers). These rear AC vents were seen only in Linea until now as well.
The rear vents have been there since the beginning. Although I can only speak of the Emotion Pack (Aug '09 model).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks