Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 16:59   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

2. I completely forgot to notice the key during the test drive. Can somebody please put up a pic of the key that is given in the EP variant.

3. I have been offered 2 deals by the dealer. They are as under.
a. FIAT GP EP 2010 MODEL (white / Medium grey / Red) @ INR 6.96 OTR including RSA, extended warranty, free insurance etc.
b. FIAT GP EP 2011 MODEL (all colors available) @ 7.29 OTR including 5k discount.

Now i am confused here. is it OK to go for the 2010 model? I am sure to keep this car for next 4 years minimum. So will it affect in resale if its a 2010 model taxed and invoiced in 2011?
Thanks.
  • Its the flip type.
  • See how much they can offer for the 90bhp too, its should be approx 30k extra
  • Get it registered now,that should do I guess, else bargain for discount.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:14   #3062
BHPian

Hey guys i am facing a weird problem in my diesel Punto (dec 2010 make).

Suppose the car is doing 55-60km/h in fifth gear, and if i put my foot on brake(without reducing gear) to slow it down. then near 40km/h speed a weird sound (krrrrrr/kddddddd) is coming from the engine. This will eliminate when i press clutch or change gear.

Guys, if any one of you feel the same or know the reason. Then please enlighten me.
My car has completed 1200km.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:41   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Hey guys i am facing a weird problem in my diesel Punto (dec 2010 make).

Suppose the car is doing 55-60km/h in fifth gear, and if i put my foot on brake(without reducing gear) to slow it down. then near 40km/h speed a weird sound (krrrrrr/kddddddd) is coming from the engine. This will eliminate when i press clutch or change gear.

Guys, if any one of you feel the same or know the reason. Then please enlighten me.
My car has completed 1200km.
I faced this problem too. The answer I got was that I'm not supposed to drive in 5th gear while doing 40kmph. Even my trusted mechanic told me the same. So I didn't worry about it too much. Strangely though, it disappeared after a while.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:50   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I faced this problem too. The answer I got was that I'm not supposed to drive in 5th gear while doing 40kmph. Even my trusted mechanic told me the same. So I didn't worry about it too much. Strangely though, it disappeared after a while.
Thanks CliffHanger,

I also think it is the same clutter sound(tak tak in case of petrol Engine). Can you tell me how old is you car and how many kilometer you have covered till date. Also it would be great if you can guide me the correct rpm/speed for downshift.
Old 21st January 2011, 17:21   #3065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am planning to book a Fiat GP E+ sometime this week. I have a few doubts though:

1. I went for the test drive yesterday and the the car had 17540 on ODO. The car drove very smoothly but the clutch was very wierd. I found it very hard. Upon asking i was told since its a test drive car and driven around by many people the clutch has become like that.

2. I completely forgot to notice the key during the test drive. Can somebody please put up a pic of the key that is given in the EP variant.

3. I have been offered 2 deals by the dealer. They are as under.
a. FIAT GP EP 2010 MODEL (white / Medium grey / Red) @ INR 6.96 OTR including RSA, extended warranty, free insurance etc.
b. FIAT GP EP 2011 MODEL (all colors available) @ 7.29 OTR including 5k discount.

Now i am confused here. is it OK to go for the 2010 model? I am sure to keep this car for next 4 years minimum. So will it affect in resale if its a 2010 model taxed and invoiced in 2011?

Thanks.
@h@r$h@l
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2093400

This post is from my ownership report...you can see the fob type key there.
One will of this type and the other will be a normal type like any other vehicle key.

Personally speaking I would suggest you to go for the 2010 car.
As long as the manufacturing is in the last quarter of 2010 and the vehicle is BS4 compliant, you don't need to worry much.
Since you are planning to have this for atleast 4 years, the effect on the resale value will be negligible.
Old 21st January 2011, 17:43   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Thanks CliffHanger,

I also think it is the same clutter sound(tak tak in case of petrol Engine). Can you tell me how old is you car and how many kilometer you have covered till date. Also it would be great if you can guide me the correct rpm/speed for downshift.
Sudhi,

I took the delivery of my car on 6th Aug 2009 and so far it has run 33,000km.

I think you will encounter that noise when the rpm hovers around 1k mark. So you can either downshift at 1200rpm or continue with your normal driving style ignoring the noise. As I told you before, I didn't bother about it too much and luckily for me the noise vanished after a few thousand km.
Old 21st January 2011, 19:42   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me tell you a couple of more facts about the key FOB.
- the key uses the standard CR2032 battery which is certainly the most easily-available spare part of the GP buttt I am now about to replace my second battery and my car is just 7 months old. I dont know this is an exception.
- keep the FOB in utmost care. A replacement will cost you 6500 rupees (1% of the price of the car!) and will take a couple of months; the FOB is made in Italy. Read Mod .anshuman's thread about his Punto for more info on this matter.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 21st January 2011 at 19:44.
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:15   #3068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
@h@r$h@l
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2093400

This post is from my ownership report...you can see the fob type key there.
One will of this type and the other will be a normal type like any other vehicle key.

Personally speaking I would suggest you to go for the 2010 car.
As long as the manufacturing is in the last quarter of 2010 and the vehicle is BS4 compliant, you don't need to worry much.
Since you are planning to have this for atleast 4 years, the effect on the resale value will be negligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Let me tell you a couple of more facts about the key FOB.
- the key uses the standard CR2032 battery which is certainly the most easily-available spare part of the GP buttt I am now about to replace my second battery and my car is just 7 months old. I dont know this is an exception.
- keep the FOB in utmost care. A replacement will cost you 6500 rupees (1% of the price of the car!) and will take a couple of months; the FOB is made in Italy. Read Mod .anshuman's thread about his Punto for more info on this matter.
Guys,

Thanks for the info. I will be careful. I just got a call from the dealer and the car shall be reaching their stock yard today evening and i shall be able to conduct PDI on monday. As per the dealer, the car is Nov 2010 make.

The delivery is expected around 3rd Feb as i still need to go through the Loan process next week.
Old 22nd January 2011, 12:06   #3069
Senior - BHPian

@sandeepmdas
Its a surprise that you car's FOB key has already had 2 battery replacements, because in my dad's car it's already lasted a year, without replacement.

As for the replacement cost, all rolling code engine immobiliser car keys are pretty costly. All companies maintain a central location to manufacture such keys so that the rolling code generation code can be kept secret, other wise the immobiliser would be of no use at all. Thus in our case the key needs to be brought in from Italy where I think they are made by Magnetti Marelli.

OT: I think these keys were initially by Mercedes on their cars, two generations back, and back then they were marketed as "unstealable" cars. So paying up 1% of the cost is in my opinion well worth it.
Old 24th January 2011, 13:14   #3070
BHPian

Guys, last evening a strange thing happened to my car, while driving suddenly I found one yellow light came on, located on the top most position on the instrument panel inbetween fuel and tem indicator, my headlights, horn, door alarm, cabin light seat belt warning all were working fine. So not able to think why this light came on. Will take the car to the service station today...
Old 24th January 2011, 13:24   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, last evening a strange thing happened to my car, while driving suddenly I found one yellow light came on, located on the top most position on the instrument panel inbetween fuel and tem indicator, my headlights, horn, door alarm, cabin light seat belt warning all were working fine. So not able to think why this light came on. Will take the car to the service station today...
Pardon me. What 'light' are you referring to?

If possible, please upload a pic of your instrument cluster with the warning light ON.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:23   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Could it just be the low fuel warning lamp? The one marked in the yellow circle in the picture below (from GTO's TD report).
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiat_grande_punto_interior_dsc02680.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 14:33   #3073
Senior - BHPian

I think it is the top most light the one in between and slightly above the turn signal indicators, an amber coloured light bulb shaped light. If it is then this means that there exists a malfunction in one of the exterior lights. When starting the car, it would generally mention which light bulb is malfunctioning, but the warning goes away on the MID after only a few minutes.

Our car had this warning when the one right rear tail lamp bulbs some how came loose, though without any damage to any components. Warning on MID read "Check right tail lamp". Just a quick fix of re-fixing the bulb in its socket, without going to the service station, solved the issue.

The issue in your case may be some other problem with the lights though. Check for warnings on the MID before starting the engine and check all exterior lights.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:58   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I think it is the top most light the one in between and slightly above the turn signal indicators, an amber coloured light bulb shaped light.
Thats the one I am getting, but there are no problems in any of the external lights, I checked headlights, indicators, break lights.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:37   #3075
Senior - BHPian

Any warnings on your MID??

I think the amber lamp is more of a generic warning signal, and not just for the lighting fixtures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks