Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 22:11   #3346
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
My first free service is at 5000kms and not 3000kms. Has this been changed recently? My car is a 90HP Punto and delivery was taken on 6th March.
Yes Fiat has changed the first free service to 5K kms or 6 months which ever is earlier. I just took delivery of my Punto EPack 76BHP on April 23rd.
Old 27th April 2011, 23:18   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yes it is to increase visibility in low visibility conditions.

Also, the rear wipers do not work as fast as the front ones, if you notice
Absolutely right! In fact, the rear wiper sweeps once for every two sweeps of the front wipers.
Old 28th April 2011, 00:06   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@SumitBahl, off topic question. AFAIK, you have the GP Active Version. I wanted to ask you, when you got the Door Handles Painted in Exotica Red.

Were the Door Handles removed to be painted or they painted them while on the car itself ?
Yes, the door handles were removed for the paint.

If you keep them on and paint, there are chances that paint wont reach the inside edges and you will need to cover the whole car to avoid getting the accidental spray on rest of the body.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:26   #3349
Senior - BHPian

@nkg

Could you confirm the lack of tweeters in your car. You can easily check this by pulling out the covers that protect the tweeter housing, and checking whether it is empty or not.

If the E-packs dont get it, we can be reasonably sure that none of the variants do, which would be kind of sad, as even the Manza gets tweeters.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:48   #3350
Senior - BHPian

I received this email yesterday from FIAT SNM (I had tried very hard to get a TD of the Punto!)

If only someone had answered my questions during the 20 minutes I was hovering around the Punto they would not need such surveys
The SA assigned to me had this gem of a statement - 'Sir this is the 90 HP Punto'
I kept expecting that he would say some more, but that was it. No explanations, no opening of the door or walking around the car for showing the car/ features.
perhaps I was spoilt silly by even the Tata SA who showed off the Nano so well.

Quote:
Dear Sir,
Click on the link below to proceed to survey
https://qasiatrial.qualtrics.com/SE/...Rng6dMPAcPNnAo

The Marketing & Sales team at Tata Motors is aiming at improving the overall system that will benefit dealers, and more importantly our prime stakeholders-CUSTOMERS.

You have been selected to receive this questionnaire as you have considered purchasing FIAT CARS in the past. We really view it an opportunity to learn for any scope of improvements for us to serve you better, so that you can be a part of FIAT family in the future. So you are in a unique position to provide information. Your assistance in completing the questionnaire would greatly be appreciated.

The questionnaire should take not more than 4 minutes that involves steps involved in making a purchase decision, source of information used. Don’t worry if you cannot give the exact factual answers-your best guesstimate is sufficient. All your responses will be confidential.
Click on the link below to proceed to survey
https://qasiatrial.qualtrics.com/SE/...Rng6dMPAcPNnAo

Last edited by selfdrive : 28th April 2011 at 11:53.
Old 30th April 2011, 22:09   #3351
BHPian

Guys

has anybody got reverse sensors installed on his punto ?
i am thinking of getting them installed on 10 days old punto and bit worried how would they gel with the rear bumper . are they already painted in CAR color . how much damage will this incur to wallet . will appreciate if some body can pls post the pics of same installed.

on a diff note -

a ) my punto emotion has twitters installed in door .were they in previous versions as well??
b ) FIAT has made provisions for installing roof luggage carrier . i have provision for same ??

are these new features or were there previously .
Old 30th April 2011, 23:41   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Guys

are these new features or were there previously .
Well, I got the reverse sensors installed on my Punto as a part of the initial deal. The dealer (Concorde Motors, Mumbai) has fitted some Chinese sensor kit (based on the accent of the lady talking) which has 4 rear sensors and the distance display is integrated with the internal RVM. The sensors are red in colour (same as my car's colour) and gel well with the overall bumper. My guess is that a good sensor kit should cost around 3.5-4K. I am attaching a pic taken when I was getting my tyres changed. Should be enough of an indication.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20110326_165219.jpg  

sumobom4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 06:47   #3353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Guys

Sir, IMO do NOT install these if you do a lot of night driving. The reverse notifications come on an auxillary RVM that slides onto the existing one. Though the sensors are fair, the RVM becomes useless for day/night adjustment.

I have them on both my Punto EP and have removed the RVM in one to fit the inside unit on the facia!!

cheers
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 08:57   #3354
Senior - BHPian

@Sushil

Are you sure your car has got tweeters?? If yes what version is it and when was it manufactured(VIN). Fiat is really confusing people as to whether they are providing tweeters or not and in which versions.

I think the holes for installing the roof carrier were always there.
Old 1st May 2011, 14:42   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
@nkg

Could you confirm the lack of tweeters in your car. You can easily check this by pulling out the covers that protect the tweeter housing, and checking whether it is empty or not.

If the E-packs dont get it, we can be reasonably sure that none of the variants do, which would be kind of sad, as even the Manza gets tweeters.
Sorry for the late reply. Mine is an EPack manufactured in March 2011 and it doesn't have the tweeters . Any ways I am planning for a speaker upgrade after the first service.
Old 1st May 2011, 17:40   #3356
BHPian

I think Fiat used to supply Tweeters with the earlier versions till the beginning of 2010 or so and discontinued somewhere in 2010. When I bought my car, the Fiat website used to say that the Punto comes with 6 speakers, but a few days later, it was changed to 4 speakers.
Old 1st May 2011, 19:08   #3357
Senior - BHPian

@Newpunter

What you say is true, but many a times people on the forum are reporting that tweeters are there. You see an example above in Sushil who says his Emotion version has tweeters. Which is why this is confusing.
Old 1st May 2011, 19:38   #3358
BHPian

@.sushilkumar

Did you check the presence of tweeters by pulling out the tweeter cover?

@julupani

I think Fiat has discontinued the tweeters lets wait for the reply from sushilkumar to confirm the same.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:20   #3359
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ My 2009 Punto EP came with tweeters on front doors. I know this because i replaced them with JBL component speakers.
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:44   #3360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
has anybody attended the free summer free check up camp which has started from 9th April ~ 30th April

Please share
I had attended the camp at Hyson Motors, Thrissur on Saturday. I was disappointed to find that there was no official from Fiat at the camp. The camp itself was useful. I got a minor rattle fixed, they re-filled the engine coolant which was a bit low and the car was properly cleaned.

It'd been about 6 months since I visited the service station and one change I noted at the dealership was a separate Fiat sales team with different uniforms.

Most Viewed