Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 14:37   #4981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
The dealer is willing to give me all of those but decided against the Seat Covers and Reverse Parking sensor. I had the sensor on my i20 found it to be of little use to me and in my experience the free seat covers don't last very long either. I am getting the rest bar the idol and will ask for a discount for the items I do not want.
Thanks again.

Will push for a 10K instead of all these items. Lets see what I will be able to end up with.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:35   #4982
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my Punto is showing the service light. Yes, the car has reached 15k on its odo but the service was done months back, at 12k itself (as it is 15k or 1 year, whichever is earlier). My car had done only 12k in one year, so I got it serviced.

Now what should I do to remove the service light?
Old 7th June 2012, 10:54   #4983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, my Punto is showing the service light. Yes, the car has reached 15k on its odo but the service was done months back, at 12k itself (as it is 15k or 1 year, whichever is earlier). My car had done only 12k in one year, so I got it serviced.

Now what should I do to remove the service light?
Blame the TASS for this.
During the 15k/1yr service, they should update this reminder; they haven't done this small 10min job.
Get it done so that your car pops this reminder again when the ODO is close to 30k
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:41   #4984
BHPian

^^ No really, I was told that the service reminder can be reset only after the ODO crosses 15K.
Old 7th June 2012, 11:49   #4985
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is anyone taking any precautions for their car for the coming monsoons? I guess FIAT has a 2 year anti-corrosion warranty, so I'll leaving my car alone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
^^ No really, I was told that the service reminder can be reset only after the ODO crosses 15K.
So does that mean I'll have to take the car to the A.S.S. for this?
Old 7th June 2012, 12:17   #4986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, during service they can reset.
There is no condition that we have to wait till the ODO crosses 15k.
See the below note from the Owner's manual.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

This message will start from 13k itself and when you get it serviced they can and have to reset.
its just a small electronics program and they can change it anytime.

Quote:
Yes...because the TASS guy forgot to do tick one of his check-points during your 1st service.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 7th June 2012 at 12:19.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:51   #4987
BHPian

Quote:

Not really. The warning will disappear in around 16000km. Else u can take to TASS if u really need to reset it
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 15:01   #4988
BHPian

any idea about Fiat Grande Punto Evo? is it going to be launched anytime soon?

i am considering buying a GP 90 and was browsing through cardekho.com to get a on the road quote and noticed this:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-test.jpg  

infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 15:29   #4989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's not true. My 1-year service was done with the odo at ~12500. I had requested the service reminder to be reset and the A.S.C did that. Now my odo is around 22400 and the service reminder is showing about 5100km till service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
I don't think Fiat is going to lauch the Evo (or updated Linea) until they open exclusive service centres in Tier1 cities - I mean the promised 22 exclusive dealerships by year-end.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:34   #4990
BHPian

A interesting article i found in ET ( open to speculations as it;s ET ) .

Can Enrico Atanasio steer Fiat in the Indian market? - Economic Times

As Enrico Atanasio put in
Quote:
"I have studied [the Indian market] for some months. It is now time to take the exam."
clearly they are up against the challenge and Not leaving a stone un turned to be where they aspire to be .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 15:55   #4991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Not really. The warning will disappear in around 16000km. Else u can take to TASS if u really need to reset it
I had anyways taken an appointment when I had this screeching sound issue.

So I though I'll anyways take the car to the A.S.S. and get the rear wiper blade changed and also get the reminder reset.

I am planning to give the car a pre-monsoon check up, the fluid levels, brakes and suspension.

Quote:

i am considering buying a GP 90 and was browsing through cardekho.com to get a on the road quote and noticed this:
FIAT has said that it wont be launching any new cars this year atleast.
Old 8th June 2012, 17:51   #4992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

Yes it is true that Fiat EVO is coming shortly..Expect no power improvements beyond 90 BHP Only cosmetic changes are being envisioned!
Old 15th June 2012, 21:32   #4993

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hi,

Can anyone of you who owns a recent Punto 90hp please confirm on the status of REAR FOOT LEVEL AC VENTS?

I am getting confused day-by-day as physical brochures provided by 2 dealers in Mumbai have no mention of such vents in the Feature list while a new one received from Wasan, Chembur has it. Even Fiat website feature list mentions such vents being provided on all Puntos. Can this be a typo?
Had the same question when I did the pre-registration inspection on my Punto Dynamic 1.3 today. Turns out that the rear AC vents are located below the front seats and can be engaged only when one turns directs the AC flow to the feet (on the knob where the AC directions are given). Definitely, this was not something I imagined; but then, a big revelation! And I hope this holds true for other variants too.

Mods: in case anyone else has answered this before me on this thread, kindly delete this response.
Old 18th June 2012, 15:55   #4994
BHPian

Guys need Help
Actually i was finalizing on the Punto Sports 2012 model but saw a Linea 2011 Sept 2011 Manufactured model at Dealer Godown and Fianl price he is quoted for the same is 9.7L Onroad Including all discounts. And Am getting Punto at 8.70L.
Now really tempted to buy the new Linea. Please help. I think putting 1 L for Linea Makes Sense.
Old 18th June 2012, 16:34   #4995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvikas View Post
Had the same question when I did the pre-registration inspection on my Punto Dynamic 1.3 today. Turns out that the rear AC vents are located below the front seats and can be engaged only when one turns directs the AC flow to the feet (on the knob where the AC directions are given). Definitely, this was not something I imagined; but then, a big revelation! And I hope this holds true for other variants too.
Yes, the vents are provided in all the models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Guys need Help
Actually i was finalizing on the Punto Sports 2012 model but saw a Linea 2011 Sept 2011 Manufactured model at Dealer Godown and Fianl price he is quoted for the same is 9.7L Onroad Including all discounts. And Am getting Punto at 8.70L.
Now really tempted to buy the new Linea. Please help. I think putting 1 L for Linea Makes Sense.
Please note that you will be buying 2011 and will miss all those new features of 2012 models. The ground clearance is the most important but that can be done in 20k from their workshop itself. Check with owners who have got this done in their cars.

My suggestion:
If you can live with 2011 features and okay with battery / tyre condition then push for more discounts. You are going to take the delivery in July i.e. the model is almost 10 months old and lying in their godown. Negotiate more on discount part.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks