Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 17:11   #6736
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekE View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but here it goes.

My Punto is due for its 30k annual service and since Balaji Autoworld has shut shop in Thane and Navi Mumbai, I'm clueless where to take the car for its service.

Can fellow folks from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai recommend a FASS for the service? I'd appreciate that.
I have been using the services of RS Motors for the past four or five years. They are located in Kandivili West and are a stone's throw from my place. The workshop looks very run down but they are quite good at their work. In fact, they were recently able to diagnose and repair an Abarth 695 Tributto Ferrari that had been lying at another service centre for a while.
Old 14th June 2016, 03:10   #6737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I have been using the services of RS Motors for the past four or five years. They are located in Kandivili West and are a stone's throw from my place. The workshop looks very run down but they are quite good at their work. In fact, they were recently able to diagnose and repair an Abarth 695 Tributto Ferrari that had been lying at another service centre for a while.
Kandivili is just too far for me personally. I took it to Car Menders in Panvel and had a wonderful experience there.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:46   #6738
BHPian

I have booked Maruti baleno in May, however for the sake of my wife(who is behind punto) called up KHT to enquire Punto Evo emotion 75HP. SA said that Fiat will now be stopping production of 75HP and going forward only 90HP will be available in emotion and dynamic variants only. Can anyone confirm please?
Old 14th June 2016, 20:55   #6739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekE View Post
Kandivili is just too far for me personally. I took it to Car Menders in Panvel and had a wonderful experience there.

Thank you for sharing this experience. The entrance is slightly tight, but overall service is good.
Old 6th July 2016, 22:49   #6740
Senior - BHPian

Guys I feel the NVH on my 75hp Punto has increased of late. Engine noise inside the cabin has increased quite a bit over a period of time. Before going on a wild Goose chase with the service center guys, I though I will check on the forum for some advice's.

Its two months short of being three years old and has run 48000 kms.

Any pointers?
Old 7th July 2016, 10:05   #6741
BHPian

Re: Rear wiper problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Did you find a solution to this ? I'm facing a similar problem.

When I flick the dial I get several swipes and the stalk stops midway through.

At times the rear wiper doesn't work when I swipe the dial.
No did not find a solution yet. I actually gave after Pandit Auto tried different things as I mentioned above (changing wipers, motors, etc). Let me tr-check with JayVijay guys on my next visit to them.
Old 7th July 2016, 10:58   #6742
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Engine noise inside the cabin has increased quite a bit over a period of time.
Engine is sounding normal? Or has the engine note changed as well? When was the last service and engine oil change performed?
Old 7th July 2016, 11:32   #6743
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rear wiper problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
No did not find a solution yet. I actually gave after Pandit Auto tried different things as I mentioned above (changing wipers, motors, etc). Let me tr-check with JayVijay guys on my next visit to them.
This appears to have been resolved for me.

It was an earthing problem with the rear wiper motor. The earthing point is the rear boot lid which had come loose and the rear wiper was behaving erratically. After my mechanic tightened it , it looks good now.

This appears to be a common problem with FIATs, also reported on http://www.fiatforum.com/

Last edited by sdp1975 : 7th July 2016 at 11:33.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:17   #6744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Engine is sounding normal? Or has the engine note changed as well? When was the last service and engine oil change performed?
Hi CD,

Yes Engine is sounding normal. I strained a lot to see if I get any metallic sound or something just in case this is the timing chain issue. But the note sounds more or less normal to me except for being a notch louder. Slightly increased vibrations too that can be felt on the steering.

Oil change and service carried out around 45000 Kms a two - three months back. This NVH issue has been there for past 7-8 months. I was under the impression that this could be because the servicing is about to get due. It did get better immediately after the servicing but has now again started to bother me.
Old 27th July 2016, 18:43   #6745
BHPian

Hello Punto Owners,

I am facing an issue over last few weeks on my 2009 Punto MJD E+.

Front left passenger carpet and rear right carpet area seem to be wet after drives. realized this after the foul smell inside care due to wet carpets and wet undersides of the floor mats.

I am not able to understand how the water logging is happening.

recently after a visit to FASS, the service advisor said that AC water overflow pipe was clogged and that he has cleaned the plumbing.

But the issue still there. more during rains. not sure if its due to AC or due to rain water getting into the car somewhere.

Any ideas?
Old 27th July 2016, 18:58   #6746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Hello Punto Owners,

I am facing an issue over last few weeks on my 2009 Punto MJD E+.

Front left passenger carpet and rear right carpet area seem to be wet after drives. realized this after the foul smell inside care due to wet carpets and wet undersides of the floor mats.

I am not able to understand how the water logging is happening.

recently after a visit to FASS, the service advisor said that AC water overflow pipe was clogged and that he has cleaned the plumbing.

But the issue still there. more during rains. not sure if its due to AC or due to rain water getting into the car somewhere.

Any ideas?
Well, the front left spot is normally an AC overflow issue, but rear right is strange one and could be a leaky door beading or missing floor grommet (if it has one) which is under the carpet. Which FASS did you take it to?
keroo1099 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 19:41   #6747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Well, the front left spot is normally an AC overflow issue, but rear right is strange one and could be a leaky door beading or missing floor grommet (if it has one) which is under the carpet. Which FASS did you take it to?
Thanks keroo1099. Sounds logical. But i hope water is not getting into the car though any beedings, because i dont see any spots on the seats or plastic anywhere. its only the carpet under the floor mats. May be its getting through any leak from the water going down from the running boards?

I will take it back to Vecto Motors Hosur road to get it inspected.
Old 28th July 2016, 20:02   #6748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Thanks keroo1099. Sounds logical. But i hope water is not getting into the car though any beedings, because i dont see any spots on the seats or plastic anywhere. its only the carpet under the floor mats. May be its getting through any leak from the water going down from the running boards?

I will take it back to Vecto Motors Hosur road to get it inspected.
Err..sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but the feedback about Vecto Motors service isn't very good from what I have heard. Aadya, seems to be the most organized, and their Service Manager seems to be very competent. I have been taking my car to KHT, but they have a temporary setup which I really couldn't recommend to anyone at this stage. Service has been first rate though.

Good luck.
Old 28th July 2016, 20:19   #6749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Err..sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but the feedback about Vecto Motors service isn't very good from what I have heard. Aadya, seems to be the most organized, and their Service Manager seems to be very competent. I have been taking my car to KHT, but they have a temporary setup which I really couldn't recommend to anyone at this stage. Service has been first rate though.

Good luck.
+1

I used to be a Prerana and then Vecto customer earlier, but shifted to KHT and have been a happy customer of KHT for last few years. When I went to Vecto in between for a running repair, I was not much satisfied.

The temporary setup of KHT is nothing much to write about and is really crowded, but the service is good. I hope they shift to a better setup soon (I know they have a plan to come up with a brand new showroom cum service center, hope it works out soon).

--Anoop
Old 28th July 2016, 20:45   #6750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
+1

I used to be a Prerana and then Vecto customer earlier, but shifted to KHT and have been a happy customer of KHT for last few years. When I went to Vecto in between for a running repair, I was not much satisfied.

The temporary setup of KHT is nothing much to write about and is really crowded, but the service is good. I hope they shift to a better setup soon (I know they have a plan to come up with a brand new showroom cum service center, hope it works out soon).

--Anoop
According to my latest info, they are setting up another Showroom/Service on a 2 acre plot close to Decathalon next to Phoenix Mall. Estimated time frame: 6 months.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks