Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 08:53   #6811
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
End note :

"The easiest way to make your old car run better is to check the price of new cars" - unknown author
Nice little update! 8 years / 200K, and still the car looks reasonably modern. Italians have well-mastered the science of automobile ageing. Keep on with the TLC and I am sure it can go on for a while
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 08:59   #6812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Leaving few images :

Attachment 1687463
Wow Klub Class, Wonderful! Your car looks the same as I had seen almost 3 years ago. With miles like this, why should anybody worry about resale value! Wishing you many more miles...At least till the odo reading in this picture turns backwards.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 15:21   #6813
tud
BHPian

Friends,
Yesterday I had some difficulty while inserting and removing the non remote key into the driver side key hole (inserting and removing were a little hard since 6 years). But yesterday was extra tough.

And today as I pulled the key out of the key hole (after unlocking), it brought along the lock set which was housed on the right side door. Looks like nothing has broken or cracked. I was able to push it back inside. This time I pulled the key while holding the lock in place, and the key came out fine. Repeated the process again and found that without holding the lock, the key refuses to come out alone.

Does this require a lock set change or can this be repaired?

The lock when it came out was quite wet. Its been raining heavily. But I wonder how the lock got so wet.
Old 12th December 2017, 08:38   #6814
Senior - BHPian

Punto experts,

Have been facing this problem for quite some time now. The Punto loses the power while driving, I am unable to accelerate. The speedo does not move over 60 speed. Downshifting to 4 and 3rd gear also do not help. I literally keep the pedal to the metal yet no acceleration. The only thing I do tom regain back the acceleration is to switch off the engine and restart after couple of minutes. What could be wrong here?

I had got the turbo hoses checked for leakages during last service in June 2017, one of the hose clip was loose which was tightened but was told by service guys it could not have been the reason for power loss. The car was checked thoroughly (as claimed by workshop) but no reason found.

Is the EGR playing some tricks here? Should I be getting the EGR cleaned or bypassed considering that odo now reads 54561. Suggestions required as I will be going on a long road trip in the last week of Dec.
Old 12th December 2017, 12:32   #6815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Punto experts,

Have been facing this problem for quite some time now. The Punto loses the power while driving, I am unable to accelerate. The speedo does not move over 60 speed. Downshifting to 4 and 3rd gear also do not help. I literally keep the pedal to the metal yet no acceleration. The only thing I do tom regain back the acceleration is to switch off the engine and restart after couple of minutes. What could be wrong here?

.. f Dec.
I'm no expert but I've seen this issue on an old Ford fiesta we owned. Similar issues and the part was called the VSS - vehicle speed sensor. Your mileage is too low to have such serious problems. Finding a competent mechanic is the challenge, because the problem is hard to demonstrate.
Old 13th December 2017, 22:46   #6816
BHPian

Slightly off topic. I want to use my mobile to stream music through the Blue&Me. What I wish to do is - use USB based Bluetooth adapter and then connect this USB Bluetooth adapter with my phone to stream music.
I want to understand if I can use below to achieve this result?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01IQW9UEU/...F2BRPMQ7&psc=0
Old 13th December 2017, 23:30   #6817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Slightly off topic. I want to use my mobile to stream music through the Blue&Me. What I wish to do is - use USB based Bluetooth adapter and then connect this USB Bluetooth adapter with my phone to stream music.
I want to understand if I can use below to achieve this result?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01IQW9UEU/...F2BRPMQ7&psc=0
That won't work.
This will

https://www.amazon.in/Iball-Bluetoot.../dp/B015Q2NND2
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 23:38   #6818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Punto experts,

I had got the turbo hoses checked for leakages during last service in June 2017, one of the hose clip was loose which was tightened but was told by service guys it could not have been the reason for power loss. The car was checked thoroughly (as claimed by workshop) but no reason found.

Is the EGR playing some tricks here? Should I be getting the EGR cleaned or bypassed considering that odo now reads 54561. Suggestions required as I will be going on a long road trip in the last week of Dec.
It is the EGR. To confirm, remove the EGR connector and drive the car for a week or 2. Or 500-1000 kms. If issue does not occur, it is the EGR. U can then give a try by cleaning it. You may get CEL but car is safe to use.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 22:23   #6819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Thanks. Have you been using it or seen it working. Plan to order it soon. If used any sound quality issues you've observed?
Old 17th December 2017, 17:54   #6820
BHPian

Quote:

Ordered it yesterday on Amazon. Received it today. Tried it immediately and voila! It works. Agreed there is a lag of few seconds and it skips couple of times at the start. But, no dealbreaker.

Thanks rayjaycleoful !
Old 17th December 2017, 22:41   #6821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
But, no dealbreaker.

Thanks rayjaycleoful !
You're welcome. Could you explain the lag and skipping part. I haven't ordered it yet because many reviews said the same.

-Is the lag/skipping only when playing the first song?

- How's the audio quality?

- Does it work fine when streaming from apps like apple music/ wynk music etc.?
Old 18th December 2017, 17:16   #6822
BHPian

Quote:
You're welcome. Could you explain the lag and skipping part. I haven't ordered it yet because many reviews said the same.

-Is the lag/skipping only when playing the first song?

- How's the audio quality?

- Does it work fine when streaming from apps like apple music/ wynk music etc.?
Lag is almost on all actions. You start a song on mobile and it will play through car speakers on after 3-4 seconds. This happens with forward backward movement of song. But after that, there is no stutter. Personally I don't mind this lag as it solves biggest drawback of Punto ICE

Audio quality is unaffected. So no issues absolutely.

It works OK on music streaming apps. But again lag is there.

Last edited by dmplog : 18th December 2017 at 17:17. Reason: added some text
dmplog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:44   #6823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just stumbled on this, terribly late I know. Is the issue resolved? Was that noise coming from within the passenger cabin? If yes - it can very much be a malfunctioning motor / flap of the air re-circulation mode that opens/closes depending on the option selected.
I am seeing the response way later!

I have actually ignored the issue so far as the sound was not consistent and the Fiat service center is far from where I am currently. No sound from passenger cabin, its more audible outside than inside.

In the last few days the AC performance has gone down a lot and I have been ignoring it as the current weather is not forcing me to get it repaired. I will need to probably take it to service center soon.
Old 20th December 2017, 20:04   #6824
BHPian

With 54k kms in odo I was recommended for timing chain and it's auxiliaries replacement for my 76hp BNW GP. I went ahead and proceeded for the replacement . Post the repair with brand new chain kit I am experiencing unusual chain rubbing like noise when in idle after a long drive. Not in cold start.

After extended road tests and hard revving, made the technician understand the additional noise, who reluctantly accepted it.

i am told the scrapping noise could be from the oil pump ancillary which is connected to the cam shaft side pulley is creating the noise due to excess play with new chain kit.

I am told the effect will lower oil pressure, is this correct? Recommendation is to go for replacement of oil pump and kit.

Can experts please help on this.. is there a fix for this without touching pump itself?
Old 13th January 2018, 09:25   #6825
Senior - BHPian

My Grande Punto 1.4 is now more than 8 years old and clocked 82,000 kms. It's still a looker, and in red, it still turns heads.

I've been having certain issues though:

1. Engine mounts. The driver side engine mount has gone kaput twice.
2. Engine oil. This has been a major issue. I am using synthetic oil and the car requires a top up every 6 months. I got it checked at HASS and they've not diagnosed anything wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks