Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 16:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Terrific pricing!!!! I had already booked the new Civic, but after this pricing, I am very very tempted to cancel the Civic and get the LTZ variant!

I know, Cruze has just been launched and not much reviews available, but from the limited users who had driven it , please throw some insights and comparision between the Cruze LTZ and the Civic V MT (apart from the diesel and petrol difference), in terms of the followings:

1) Absolutely, Fun to drive with great handling
2) Ease in city driving condition
3) Looks and road presence
4) Interiors
5) After sales and services
6) Overall build quality (Wear and tear)

Gadgets of course, is loaded to the teeth in the Cruze (LTZ variant)! Civic now looks more bonny!huh!

The only fear I have is not for the product, but the company. I fear, when the sales turnout is low, GM will indulge in massive price cut and that will bring down the resale and make me regret buying a GM product..

Last edited by iTNerd : 12th October 2009 at 16:31.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:28   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
XLS added
Price list comparison with segment
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...w-dsegcars.xls
Excellent pricing. As they said, they did launch it in a "surprising" price.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:56   #213
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent pricing by GM! This is like the states where American muscle cars offer the most bang for the buck. And the Cruze gives 148 BHP, unmatched in the segment (alongwith the torque). Great car for the price, especially those who drive a lot on the highway. I had a feeling that GM would price the Cruze well, after considering the brand, compact-for-the-segment interiors and their recent aggression.

Just got back from the Mumbai press launch. Other details:

1. Max service cost is 36,000 rupees for a 3 year duration. Will get an update on the max kms / 3 years though.

2. Service interval = Every 10,000 kms

3. 3 year / 100,000 kms warranty.

Skoda & VW sell majorly on their diesel USP. Can't wait for the sales analysis!

P. S. There was also a cracker on the Chevy Beats launch in December 2009. Confirmed!
Old 12th October 2009, 16:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Terrific pricing!!!! I had already booked the new Civic, but after this pricing, I am very very tempted to cancel the Civic and get the LTZ variant!

I know, Cruze has just been launched and not much reviews available, but from the limited users who had driven it , please throw some insights and comparision between the Cruze LTZ and the Civic V MT (apart from the diesel and petrol difference), in terms of the followings:

4) Interiors

Gadgets of course, is loaded to the teeth in the Cruze (LTZ variant)! Civic now looks more bonny!huh!

The only fear I have is not for the product, but the company. I fear, when the sales turnout is low, GM will indulge in massive price cut and that will bring down the resale and make me regret buying a GM product..

From what I had seen in various reviews, your requirements [1], [2] and [4] may not be satisfied with Cruze.
GM car purchase is always like share purchase - the price can go up and down quite unexpectedly. So, this risk is indeed there. Going by the past performance, GM cars in India tend to sell below the IPO price within a few years from their launch.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:06   #215
Team-BHP Support

Do not worry too much about the price. If it had been priced around 14, then price cuts were expected. but since pricing is VFM, there may be the regular discounts(20K odd) which are common with many manufacturers under festive offers etc.,
Old 12th October 2009, 17:09   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

4) Interiors

I booked, and am going to buy the cruze- Here are my comments-
1. It sure is fun to drive with great handling on highway.
4. interiors- the cockpit is way better than civic.
3. I found it to have a stunning road presence
2. it has been said a lot in the first part of this blog, that due to the turbo lag city driving would not be up to the mark. (refer page 1 of this blog)
5. GM is coming big time and making lots of investments in after sales service. It is also tying up with HPCL or BPCL to open service outlets on their petrol pumps. GM is very aggressive in India now, and they are aware that after sales service has to be improved.
I think at this price, this car is definitely better than civic. Plus its diesel.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:16   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Going by the past performance, GM cars in India tend to sell below the IPO price within a few years from their launch.
I doubt if they will. May be the regular corp discount, exchange bonus stuff.

Certainly not like the one in past.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:32   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Do not worry too much about the price. If it had been priced around 14, then price cuts were expected. but since pricing is VFM, there may be the regular discounts(20K odd) which are common with many manufacturers under festive offers etc.,
Yep, you're right. The initial price offering is extremely competitive so unlike others, we won't be seeing considerable price corrections. Secondly it's manufactured in India, so the pricing will be stable unlike their CBU offering. Now they have taken the game to Honda and Toyota; let's see how they respond. Toyota must seriously consider bringing Altis Diesel.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:50   #219
BHPian

LTZ will possibly retain its price but may add more electronics in subsequent versions for the same price. But LT version will surely see a price erosion. If the fleet management companies find value in LT model, then this car will eventually be priced below 10 lacs.

I am eager to see responses from VW, Skoda, Toyota and Honda. In my opinion, only Toyota has the necessary levers in their hand to maintain its market-share - expect a better equipped Altis soon. Others have to simply stay low through this Cruze storm.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:55   #220
Senior - BHPian

Where does this leave Optra

hey, where does this place the Optra and Aveo now? They will have to give Optra top end under 10L now - which means basic diesel would drop in prices by around 1 lac for Optra?

Edit: Checked Magnum prices. Magnum LT is 10.85 Ex - which probably should drop by at least 1 lac to 9.85 (If it has to sell actually 1 .5 lacs). This means the basic model, Max should also drop by 1 L to 8.19L. Now this would be competitive pricing against other diesels in relative segment such as Verna & Linea.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 12th October 2009 at 18:03.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:10   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
hey, where does this place the Optra and Aveo now? They will have to give Optra top end under 10L now - which means basic diesel would drop in prices by around 1 lac for Optra?

Edit: Checked Magnum prices. Magnum LT is 10.85 Ex - which probably should drop by at least 1 lac to 9.85 (If it has to sell actually 1 .5 lacs). This means the basic model, Max should also drop by 1 L to 8.19L. Now this would be competitive pricing against other diesels in relative segment such as Verna & Linea.
Yes, if that happens, Verna will feel the heat all of a sudden.

Last edited by 1-Testosterone : 12th October 2009 at 18:12.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:18   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Just back from Chevrolet showroom, they do not have a TD car yet so just checked the cars interiors. Space at rear is disappointing for a car of this price.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:23   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

Optra Magnum Diesel was selling for 8.5 lakhs a few days back in the dusherra offer (may be more of stock clearance ahead of the impending cruze launch)
Old 12th October 2009, 18:47   #224
BHPian

Its getting quite frustrating. There is a TD car with the dealer here, but they are still not allowing TD's ..(fail to see the logic in that)
Old 12th October 2009, 19:17   #225
Senior - BHPian

Man this a new chapter in the C/D segment. Blistering diesel with head turning looks for 11 lakhs ???

V16, overseas this car is sold with diesel+6 speed auto. Hopefully GM is reading this and will bring it to India

People who bought Civics will be

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks