Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 11:11   #241
Senior - BHPian

Seems it has reached the crowd well. 1200 booking so far. (Source: Hindu & my friend in GM)

How much turns to actual sales fig? Should wait.

Now, a 1000 car per month is also a good figure for GM in this segment, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikayil View Post
has very similar front . . . another chevy; but how long it will go ?
SX4? How?

Last edited by mjothi : 13th October 2009 at 11:13.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:25   #242
Senior - BHPian

Timing, pure timing. Just when the recession was going outta back door, and credit is freeing up, Chevy Cruze's in!! Wow - strategy, i say.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:38   #243
BHPian

That's one helluva of pricing. i think GM has got it spot on with the killer price. i sincerely hope the Cruze succeeds as it will increase competition which is good for us customers.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:45   #244
BANNED

how much is this on road the top end model will be around 14 or 15 laks im guessing in bombay which again does not make it a good buy. i remember the optra was around 12 in bombay right. will comment after the TD is done. bombay and its stupid taxes dont give an advantage like HR reg does in the north.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:58   #245
evo
BHPian

GM itself is predicting sales of around 800 units a month, thats very similar to the Linea. But the car is loaded with goodies, though I think the variant price differential of 1.5 lakhs is a little steep for a car in the 11 lakh segment. Generally the variant differential isnt upwards of 70-80 k except in the case of an automatic
Old 13th October 2009, 11:59   #246
BHPian

Leg room at the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
best package in this segment IMO.

lolz corvette inspired instrument panel. damn chevy. you just made me want this even more!

and i compared the dimensions with civic, corolla, laura, and it turns out that its the longest and the widest cars in its class, with the longest wheelbase amongst all the competitors.

but i can't understand how people who took TD complain about less legroom at the back. seems strange. anyone wanna explain?

another fact on the website. the boot has internal lock release. so suppose you get kidnapped and they put you in your own car trunk. lolz you can get out easily, hahah.

about the leg room at the back- I spent more than 10 minutes in the back during the TD. My comments-
The leg room at the back is more than Laura/Octavia, but less than Optra Magnum.

The internal lock release is a very good safety feature. During floods there have been cases of people getting locked inside and died (due to the auto lock). One can crawl into the boot in this car, and get out. Provided the boot is not stuffed with loads of luggage.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:23   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
best package in this segment IMO.

lolz corvette inspired instrument panel. damn chevy. you just made me want this even more!

and i compared the dimensions with civic, corolla, laura, and it turns out that its the longest and the widest cars in its class, with the longest wheelbase amongst all the competitors.

but i can't understand how people who took TD complain about less legroom at the back. seems strange. anyone wanna explain?

another fact on the website. the boot has internal lock release. so suppose you get kidnapped and they put you in your own car trunk. lolz you can get out easily, hahah.

or somehow your kids play a prank on you while your sleeping and put you in the trunk of the car, then also it comes in handy. oh how horrible kids they must be
Hi Friend,
This is car is built for global launch, thinking that in most countries this segment car is driven by the owners, but countries like India this car owners will have a driver (Majority), but the rear seat has been customized for India alone to increase the legroom. So there should not be any issue. I sat in the car and I don’t find any problem...
Cheers....

Last edited by Eddy : 13th October 2009 at 12:53. Reason: Removed tags and fonts. Please do not copy paste from an external editor.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:29   #248
BHPian

Im waiting to see the price of the petrol. Should be priced at least a lakh cheaper than the diesel, so at 9.8-9.9 ex showroom, it undercuts the karnataka 10 lakh+ road tax. Should be great value and only about 70-80k more than the ANHC V MT! But it should offer decent mileage, they'll save on weight by about 50-60 kg compared to the diesel so lets hope so
Old 13th October 2009, 13:44   #249
Senior - BHPian

Overall Cruze package is good but in looks department from front it is like AVEO and from back it is like CIVIC. I was surprised GM do not have some good rear light design??

I do not like any of the rear light of GM cars in India.
Old 13th October 2009, 14:00   #250
BHPian

I think for a 150bhp diesel this is a superb deal, cars are overpriced we are all cribbing, now cars are better priced and people are still cribbing. Some of the criticism feels like nitpicking.

People were speculating a launch at 14 lakhs and some even more because its diesel but its launched at 1.5 lakhs less at 12.5 for the top-end version with sunroof and leather, and 10.99 for the LT which is 3 lakhs less than predicted.

Diesel is such a huge issue here on this forum, and now when you get this awesomely powerful 150bhp diesel in a throughly modern car that looks good, has reported decent handling, decent interiors and some nice new tech one would think most folks would be thrilled.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:15   #251
BHPian

Awesome... simply awesome pricing...
Such a pricing will put a good show in sales...I woulod really like if people go for ride quality than just the honda/toyota badge...
Old 13th October 2009, 15:22   #252
Max
BHPian

awesome, lets see how much they price automatic for
Old 13th October 2009, 15:37   #253
BHPian

WOW.....number of advance booking indicate the price acceptance....Hope people will adapt this Chevy as this is having best VFM in class
Old 13th October 2009, 17:26   #254
BHPian

At 10.99 lakhs its a steal.Waiting to book one , or should I go for a Xylo ? I love fast cars, but I'm still convincing myself to buy this one.Guess we won't get a package like this at this price.I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that the top speed is 202 kmph..That takes this car into C200/ and Skoda O/L RS territory.I'll go and test drive one at the earlies opportunity that's for sure.Thanks for this thread, fellow BHPians
Old 13th October 2009, 17:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
At 10.99 lakhs its a steal.Waiting to book one , or should I go for a Xylo ? I love fast cars, but I'm still convincing myself to buy this one.Guess we won't get a package like this at this price.I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that the top speed is 202 kmph..That takes this car into C200/ and Skoda O/L RS territory.I'll go and test drive one at the earlies opportunity that's for sure.Thanks for this thread, fellow BHPians
Oh man, why are you confusing yourself? How come you can compare this to Xylo!

Most Viewed