Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 19:19   #316
Team-BHP Support

I didnt want to make this comment, but since you are open to checking other options i would surely advice you to do a thorough test drive before you seal the deal for civic. Main thing you would want to check is the drivability, especially since you are moving from a petrol to a Turbo diesel. Trust me dont go by the first impression, you might even want to change your driving style a bit to suite. But if you like it at the end, then i would say really worth it.

Its GM so kind off well built and hazzle free, a newer model and ofcource its diesel! Will be a right upgrade from SX4 compared to the Civic, which i felt was just a bigger ANHC. Good for ANHC but bad for Civic.

But at the end it will depend on what you feel!
Old 15th October 2009, 21:53   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
It is low-slung car, and despite that, it looks huge, and appears one segment above to the likes of Accord/Camry. Engress/ingress was no problem, unlike Civic. What I creep is the plastic quality and the engine noise.. (first time, trying a way to convert to diesel!)... But anyhow, I am sold to this car.. only need to take a thorough test drive and see how comfortable it is on city drive and highway.. (in comparision to Civic, which is not a very good city car)
What a difference perception makes in different countries! Civic is not considered a good city car in India, where as in other countries its as bare as it gets. Also people are comparing the compact Cruze to Accord/Camry which are real mid-size sedans and at least 30 cms longer and 10 cms wider.

If you think Civic is a car not suitable for city driving in India, then Cruze is definitely in all probability even worse.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:31   #318
m4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
There is considerable space between the front grill and the radiator. why?
I think that space is used for auto transmission components. You'll notice the same in the ANHC.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:28   #319
BHPian

Booked - white LTZ

Finally DONE it !! Booked the White LTZ today even without a TD - just fell in love with it. Dealer expects to give me delivery by the end of next week. Fingers crossed.

Can't wait now.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:50   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
If it comes in Verna range, I'm sure many will be opt for Optra rather than Verna.
What percentage of Verna CRDi owners do you think bought their Vernas because they were cheaper than the Optra diesel? Most, if not all Verna CRDi owners bought them because of the unbeatable acceleration and Hyundai's wide and reputed after sales service.

With the Cruze entering the scene now, could someone who has driven both the Cruze and the Verna (of course both diesels) comment on who the Cruze's acceleration is, when compared to the Verna's? Specs will not answer this question. Did anyone do this comparison yet?

Last edited by sdmn : 16th October 2009 at 15:55.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:53   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
Finally DONE it !! Booked the White LTZ today even without a TD - just fell in love with it. Dealer expects to give me delivery by the end of next week. Fingers crossed.

Can't wait now.
Congratulations rosh2!!!
Join the queue
Me and varunjain waiting for our white's as well!
Old 16th October 2009, 16:14   #322
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
in my opinion the Cruze should completely replace the boring Optra.
Absolutely agreed. The Optra is anyways doing very dismal numbers, best to seal it up and sell only the freshest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
As per ACI data, Cruze is faster in 0-100 runs. Much faster infact with a difference of nearly 2 secs. The workaround is to chip it as I have done to my Superb for which more details are here:
Petes box available for the Cruze too . 170 BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
the Civic, which i felt was just a bigger ANHC. Good for ANHC but bad for Civic.
Ah, you echo the markets exact sentiment!
Old 16th October 2009, 16:50   #323
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
What percentage of Verna CRDi owners do you think bought their Vernas because they were cheaper than the Optra diesel? Most, if not all Verna CRDi owners bought them because of the unbeatable acceleration and Hyundai's wide and reputed after sales service.
Feel most bought the verna for a combination of price and Hundai, the acceleration difference between optra magnum diesel and verna diesel may not have been the main concern.
Old 16th October 2009, 18:14   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Petes box available for the Cruze too . 170 BHP!
Just curious - where did you get this info from? Because I was checking with someone there and they were not aware of one yet.

Though I would be worried about voiding my warranty, the very thought that I could get peted if I wanted to is great...
Old 16th October 2009, 18:40   #325
Senior - BHPian

Please don't forget reports

Guys don't forget to put up your initial ownership reports of your cruze babies and also the A.S.S of Chevy.
Old 16th October 2009, 20:01   #326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
Just curious - where did you get this info from? Because I was checking with someone there and they were not aware of one yet.

Though I would be worried about voiding my warranty, the very thought that I could get peted if I wanted to is great...
They have a Captiva box that increases the BHP output to 170. The Captiva + Cruze run the same engine. I just put 2 + 2 together
Old 16th October 2009, 20:05   #327
BHPian

Hi sdmn,
me too waiting for a comparison of Cruze with Verna CRDI
Old 16th October 2009, 22:01   #328
BHPian

Cruze petrol

Hi,

Any idea when GM will launch pertol version of cruze in India.

Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 23:26   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post

With the Cruze entering the scene now, could someone who has driven both the Cruze and the Verna (of course both diesels) comment on who the Cruze's acceleration is, when compared to the Verna's? Specs will not answer this question. Did anyone do this comparison yet?
I'd ask you to drive the Optra before making comment about unbeatable performance of a Verna. I own a Getz Crdi and have driven an Optra D just yesterday. I would say that optra was far far more comfortable than a verna and the engine response was also better. The lag is similar to what I've seen in a Verna and to a little extent the Getz as well.

I agree on your part on Hyundai service as GM have far fewer centres. But once the optra is priced similar to Verna, people will consider the Optra and will most probably find it better as well.
Old 16th October 2009, 23:43   #330

Cruze frontal looks

Is it just me or does the Cruze In Lacetti trim look a lot less fussier and a lot more classier than in the Chevy Cruze Variant ,

Just a thought,

Cos, fussy styling ages early too.Usually

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks